365 Days

0.1

As soon as Nicole and I hopped off the city bus, we headed straight for Roman’s house. Unfortunately, he lived in a big, secluded neighborhood which made it a lot harder to find his house than we thought. We hid behind a bush, hiding from the passing cars as we decided to get an early start in getting drunk. Knowing that I would have to endure Roman’s sarcastic, crude and immature comments towards me, I figured, why not?

I twisted the cap from my bottle of vodka and took a fairly large swig that only made me want to yack the burning sensation back up. I took another shot thinking of how it was a given that I’d have to take care of Nicole’s crying and complaining ass by the end of the night once Roman decided to be an asshole again. What am I saying? He’s always an asshole. And one more shot to help boost my confidence when it came to being anywhere near Andrew Millen’s presence should do the trick.

“Don’t finish your alcohol all at once,” I tell Nicole the second I see her downing her drink like it was her last drop of water. “I don’t think any of us need another recap of you falling off the table you were dancing on and then proceeding to break the table.”

She rolled her eyes at me before stuffing her bright, hot pink BITCH flask inside her purse. “Oh come on, Stel, it was one time!

I smirk, getting up from the squat position I was on and dust off my pants. We finally reached Roman’s house a couple of blocks later and he had a sign on his front door indicating that all guests were permitted to head to the backyard.

His backyard was completely decked out this time around. I’m talking about fluorescent lights flashing in the waters of his wide pool, two large kegs that were recently occupied, a few large tables sprawled out with intense games of beer pong taking place, a large DJ booth where his very familiar, very well-known cousin was mixing, and finally, a different selection of strobe lights that blinded me ever so slightly.

“Do you see Roman anywhere?” Nicole shouts over at me through the large mass of people surrounding us as well as the loud music blasting through speakers as big as the both of us.

Rolling my eyes, I reply, “No, and I don’t plan on trying to look for him.”

“I don’t think you took enough shots because that stick is still pretty far up your ass.”

I laughed and shook my head as I latched onto her arm, both of us pushing past all of the heavy bodies as we made our way to the back by the pool where a smaller crowd was surrounded. The air reeked of different mixtures of alcohol, cigarettes, marijuana and chlorine.

“Nicole!” We both whipped our heads around to see Roman West making his way towards us with a red cup in each hand. “You made it!”

She grinned and let go of my arm, sauntering her way towards him. He smiled and bent down to give her a quick, chaste kiss as a hug wouldn’t subdue due to his hands being full.

“Stella Wyers?” Roman smirked that conniving, devious smirk at me in which I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at. “I’m surprised to see you here, baby.”

I scoffed and smiled fakely at him. “Yeah? Well, that makes two of us, honey.”

Roman West and I were nothing but banter. He and I used to get along when we were younger, but as we grew up, I guess he decided that the moment his dick started to grow, it was appropriate for him to act like a complete douchebag and toy with my best friend’s heart. There was no way in hell Nicole was the only girl he was seeing.

“Be nice to each other, you guys,” Nicole warned.

I sighed and dropped my shoulders. “I said I wouldn’t be a third wheel with you two lovesick idiots, so I’m gonna go fetch a drink. Maybe play a little beer pong, I don't know. Have fun, you two,” I paused, turning to Roman and pointing a finger on his chest that was covered with a hideous Hawaiian shirt. “... and don’t do anything that involves your shrimp-dick anywhere near her woman cave or else those grapes you call a ballsack are gonna get chopped off.”