365 Days

0.4

It wasn't long until Drew and I were completely intoxicated and laughing over the stupidest things. We fell back, laying on the roof as our laughing fit continued. We talked about all of our embarrassing stories and it surprised me at how great of a listener he was. He teased me about it and promised he’d use my stories against me one day, but knowingly, I was positive my secrets would be safe with him.

My head was rested on top of his hard and toned, but still somewhat soft chest, which bobbed from each laugh that emerged from the pits of his stomach. We traded substances every so often and ultimately just basked in each others’ company underneath the moonlight.

It wasn't long until I noticed how relaxing our atmosphere really was - the moon was full and bright, the stars were laid out in the dark sky sporadically but perfectly, the weather was slightly windy but warm at the same time for a late June night, the sound of club music was mixed with cheers by the beer pong tables as well as squeals from the pool echoed throughout Roman's backyard, and the relaxing feel of Drew playing with my hair was enough to put me in a calm state.

My mind was hazy, my vision was blurry and I knew I would be a hungover mess in the morning, but being here in this very moment with Drew Millen? I was probably more intoxicated on him than anything else.

“Roman, get off me!”

I sat up from Drew’s chest and peered over the roof to see Nicole sauntering off with Roman West hot on her trail. Drew accompanied me on the edge and chuckled at me, shaking his head.

“Come on, just one kiss!”

“I’m not gonna kiss you!”

“Why not?”

“Who knows how many sluts you’ve kissed tonight!”
I laughed.

“I haven’t kissed anyone tonight!”

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. “Wow, I’m surprised he was able to keep track this time,” I mutter, hearing Drew chuckle next to me.

“Kiss me!”

“Roman, fuck off, I don’t want to ki--”


Before Nicole could even sputter out those last two words, surprise, surprise, Roman shuts her up by pressing his disgusting, chapped lips onto her. I rolled my eyes again, knowing that no matter how hard Nicole fought him and attempted to push him off, she was putty at his hands and would have no power but kiss him back.

And that’s exactly what happened.

So much for that plan on lip-locking with anyone but Satan’s Spawn.

“Why is your best friend such an asshole to my best friend?” I groan, turning to Drew.

He laughs and throws an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer.

“It’s a Roman thing,” he answers simply, my head resting lulling back to rest against his chest.

I sigh. “Of course it is.”

We remain silent for a little while, watching Nicole and Roman’s little show of tonsil hockey below us - God knows why - as we situated ourselves in a comfortable zone of silence. I could feel his eyes burning into the side of my face and it made me a little nervous. I gulped and bit my lip, trying to feign myself from smiling too wide and blushing too hard.

“What are you staring at?” I chuckle, my eyes still straight ahead and away from his.

He doesn’t answer and continues the silent parade we were keeping up. Caving, my eyes tore away from whatever it was I was staring at in fascination. I looked up to meet his bloodshot, tired, glazed eyes, wondering what was clouding his mind from the way he looked at me. He grinned lazily and opened his mouth.

“You know, if I didn’t have a girlfriend, I’d definitely kiss you right now.”

“Really?” I ask cooly, biting my lip again.

I was thankful that there weren’t any bright lights flashing our direction or else he definitely would have seen the blush that was creeping into my cheeks and rapidly making its way around the rest of my face.

“Really.”

I smile at him and roll my eyes. “Then I guess it’s your loss.”

He bites his lip as well and it takes every ounce of me not to pull him into a kiss right there. He pushes his hair back with one hand as his eyes bore deep into mine. Grinning, he leans in close enough for me to smell the alcohol on his breath.

“Guess it is.”