Status: A random story inspired by someone I know

The Libra Fell in Love With the Virgo

Tomorrow and Yesterday

I walked into the dim lit bar. Scanning around for our friends. My eyes fell on Ann. She was leaning over the table, laughing a full hearted laugh. The kind when you throw your head back and let it all out. I stopped for a moment, admiring her ability to let her happiness glow. I hadn't seen my best friend laugh like that in a long time. The thought of that made me unbelievably sad. Jake took her hand, I looked at him for the first time. His eyes sparkled as he looked at Ann. He had the perfect smile. Tan, tone muscles lined his body under a black button up shirt. He had five o'clock shadow but it worked for him. The way he looked at Ann made me nervous because I was afraid of how attached she had become. I walked into the room, walking to the bar and ordered two beers. I walked over to the table and set the beer in front of Cali.

"Have I seen you round here before?" I asked trying to make Cali laugh. She smiled and hugged me.

"I'd remember your face if I had." She shot back.

"How was your day babe?" I kissed her softly. She hugged me tighter.

"It was interesting. But it's way better now." She smiled. I kissed her again. "What's going on baby?" She reached up and brushed the hair out of my eyes.

"I'm just appreciating my life and the people in it." I replied softly. "Ann? Can we talk?" She nodded with a smile and stepped outside with me.

"What's up babe?" Her eyes glittering under the streetlight. I inhaled deeply attpting to sort my words out before speaking.

"What are you going to do?" She shrugged and leaned against the wall. "I know you better than anyone and I know that look in your eye. Are you going home?" My voice cracked.

"What are you doing?" She fired back casually. "I have to go home for a little while. But I'm coming back. Not for Jake. For me. And our friends." I nodded because I understood. She was Colin back for smart reasons. "Don't go home. There's nothing for you there. You have a good thing going here. Don't fuck that up babe. I love you. And I know what's best for you more than you do. So step up. I know you have the money to at least get on your feet. You and Ashley used to hoard money. So you could get the fuck out of dodge. Use it for this." I hugged her. Not really sure what to say. "You'd be crazy to let this go." Her voice dug into my bones. "Tomorrow there's no class. I want the four of us to go do something." I nodded. It's always about tomorrow's and yesterdays. What happened to right now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Short update