Status: A random story inspired by someone I know

The Libra Fell in Love With the Virgo

Spiderwebs and oversized shirts

I stepped out of the steam from the bathroom. Hair still dripping from the hot shower, I stopped midstep as my eyes fell on her body. She was wearing one of my shirts which was a little big on her, she didn't have it buttoned and the lighting made her all that much more perfect. Her hair was a little messy and the tan gleam of her skin made my stomach do that funny thing. She was leaned against the wall looking out the window. She smiled when she saw me standing in the bathroom doorway. For moment I got a little self conscious because all I had on was my bra and a pair of my favorite Bermuda shorts. Then I registered the flicker of appreciation in her eyes. "Can I ask you something Jasey?" I walked over and sat down on the bed next to where she was standing.

"Of course, what's up?" I said watching her look back to the window before sitting next to me.

"Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?" Her voice was barely audible. The silence was comfortable as I thought about it for moment. I nodded when she looked at me expectantly.

"Yeah, I do. More than anything." I took her hand in mine. "Have you ever heard of the spiderweb theory?"

"Kind of."

"Well I believe that everybody is connected by this web. Even a person who just holds a door at the mall or some random person that smiles at you on the street. They are part of your web. The bigger the impact on your life the more important they are in your web. Parents, best friend and relationships are the base. The big strands that connect from tree to tree or whatever. You never know how big someone is in your web when you meet them. But we're all connected. And every moment. Bad or good. Big or little. It all happens for a reason."

"That's awesome. I've never thought of it like that." I looked at her and kissed her softly. "What now?" I laughed.

"You tell me, you're the tour guide." I stood up and pulled her into a hug. "Umm, sorry. I just.. Wanted to hug you for a second." I said as we stepped away. She put her hand on my cheek before looking around the room. I bent down and picked up her shirt. "Shirt?" She took it carefully. I reached out and slowly removed my shirt from her body. Keeping eye contact the whole time. I helped her put her shirt back on. "Pants?" I asked disappointed. She raised an eyebrow in amusement. "They are on the top of the nightstand." I walked over to my duffle bag and took out a purple polo along with matching vans and a purple hat.

"Well I know where we can go. Feeling up for a walk?" I nodded as I placed my room key in my pocket along with my phone and wallet.

"As long as you'll be there." Just as I closed the door behind us my phone rang. "One second I have to take this." I answered the call and to my surprise there was a lot of screaming and loud music on the other end of the line. "Ann?"

"Hey Jase! How are you?" She was giggling and sounded like she was enjoying herself. I looked over at Cali who was patiently watching me.

"I'm great." I said with a smile.

"Okay! I was checking in with you. What did you do today?"

"I went to an art gallery and this cute little coffee shop."I decided it was better to leave out what just happened. "Are you okay? Where are you?"

"We're at Jake's! You should come out here! It'd be so much more fun with you here!" Someone was talking to Ann in the background. "There's a lot of cute girls here babe. Please come!" I laughed at her attempt to drag me to another party. I had the most beautiful girl right in front of me. I couldn't imagine anyone else being more interesting than Cali. "Pleaseeee."

"'Maybe in a little bit. I'm exploring a little bit right now." Cali grabbed my hand and looked at me kind of worried. "Ann be safe. I'll call in a little bit and maybe come out there. Where are you?"

"We are at a bonfire not too far from the hotel." She got quiet for a moment. "I have to go, it's my round on beer pong. I love you!"

"I love you too babe. Be safe." She hung up and I turned to face Cali.

"Babe?"

"She's one of my closest friends. She's partying and drinking. Atleast she remembered to call." I sighed. "Ready?" Cali pulled my hand in the direction she started walking.
---
We'd been walking for awhile. The stars were out and it was still warm out. "So tell me about yourself."

"What would you like to know gorgeous?" Cali contemplated her answer for a moment.

"Are you going to college?"

"I'm starting classes in the spring to be an EMT." I answered have hearted.

"You don't have to lie." She responded quickly.

"I'm not, I just haven't started school yet because I'm not sure what I want to do. Or where I want to go to school. I had it all planned out but.." I paused. "Complications changed things." She squeezed my hand.

"When was the last time you hurt yourself?" Her question came out quick. Deliberately strong.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"I saw your scars when we were having sex." Her gaze was fixed straight in front of us. I fell silent for a moment.

"Five months. It's been a long battle. Up and down. Sometimes it's easier than other times."

"I think they are tragically beautiful. Just don't do it again." Her voice was demanding but caring. I nodded slowly. "This way." She pointed to a path to the right. "What are you thinking about?"

"You." I responded honestly. "If I'm going to see you again after tonight?" She squeezed my hand tighter. I didn't understand the undeniable force that pushed and pulled me towards her.

"I saw you watching me at the coffee shop this morning." My face started burning as I could feel myself blushing. "I saw you walk in. I watched you order and look for a table to sit at." I listened carefully. "I wanted to talk to you but I didn't know what to say. I watched you writing." She paused. "What were you writing?"

"I was trying to work on a story I started writing a long time ago." She let go of my hand and put my arm over her shoulder before placing her own around my waist. "I use things in my life as insperation. But I haven't been able to find any lately." I admitted softly. She thought quietly for a moment.

"When you were sitting there you kept looking at me. Why?"

"I honestly was caught of guard. There's something about you.. I don't know." I said softly. She stopped walking.

"Wait." I stood still tying to focus my eyes on her in the dark. "You need to stop."

"Stop what?" I questioned.

"There's something. I feel it. But you're holding it back. Hiding it." My stomach dropped.

"There's a lot I'm hiding." I inhald sharply. "I used to be a really bad person. Growing up. And I've changed. I'm just trying to figure out who I am. That's why I'm on this trip. To get away from the people that refuse to accept that I'm not the mistakes I made." She searched my eyes for something. Maybe she was trying to see if I was lying.

"You're broken and afraid of yourself. I don't think you need to be." She said as we stood in place. Silence fell between us.

"Maybe you should be afraid of me." She shook her head.

"I'm not." Then as abruptly as she stopped, she started walking again. "We're almost there. When we get to where I'm taking you, please don't disappear." I promised I wouldn't as I thought to myself that I couldn't if I wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter. Feedback?