Status: A random story inspired by someone I know

The Libra Fell in Love With the Virgo

Pine trees and burnt wood

"Remember that summer out at Blake's lakehouse, when she challenged you to slash her ex's tires because she didn't think you actually would?" Ann laughed before taking a pull off the bottle. The alcohol was beginning to work and my body wasn't in agonizing pain anymore.

"Then I disappeared for a half hour and came back to everyone freaking out because you thought I drowned in the lake or something." I took the bottle as Ann laughed hysterically.

"When in all reality you ran down the road and slashed her back tires and the front driver tire from underneath the car and fell in the pool trying to sneak back in the yard." I took a long drink from the bottle trying not to spit it out while I was laughing. "I never asked this before but why did you only slash three instead of all of them?"

"If all four of your tires get slashed then your insurance company will pay to have them replaced. Although if it's only three then they won't help at all." I informed her before laughing again. Ann's phone rang and she glanced at the screen.

"Hey, one second I have to take this." I nodded and got up to struggle to the bathroom. I heard the hotel room door close and her voice was muffled on the otherside. I came out of the bathroom as she came back into the room. "I know neither of us can drive but are you up to go meet up with everyone? I think they want to talk to us about something?" I nodded slowly not sure if I should be going anywhere but the alcohol was helping and the pain wasn't overbearing anymore. "Jake said he'd pick us up in about ten minutes."

"I need help with my shoes and putting on different pants. I don't want to wear shorts with my legs looking like hamburger meat." She grabbed my checkered vans and black jeans which wear a little more baggy than the rest of my pants. "Good thinking my dear."

There was a knock on the door and a man's voice talking to someone on the otherside. Ann tossed my pants on the bed leaving me in my boxers and sports bra. I looked down at my phone to text Cali back as the door open. "Are you fucking serious? Look at her she's a goddamn mess! This is way worse than what you said on the phone." Instantly the voice registered as my other best friend. I looked up to see JJ holding a duffle bag and looking painfully angry. I stood up and tried to take a step towards her but winced causing her to drop her bag and run to me."Sit your ass down." She helped me sit down slowly.

"And put some clothes on damn. I know you like to run around naked but you have guests." Another voice echoed in the room. I smiled knowing full well that it was my brother Jared. "Don't get up, I'll come to you." He picked up JJ's bag and walked into the room, closing the door with his foot behind him. He hugged me carefully, "Hey sister. You look like shit." I smiled wide at his joke knowing that he was just trying to stay calm so JJ would also.

"I'm so happy you're here. But the fact that you're here JJ kind of concerns me." I said looking into my long time friend's beautiful eyes.

"Nice to see you also, you bitch." Everyone laughed and the tension lessened. "We got a call from some girl named Cali this morning saying that we needed to come see you. She sounded kind of frantic. Obviously she had reason. Look at you. So I called Ann and she gave us details on the location to find you." She paused looking at me. "A little drunk ya?" She laughed.

"Here have some." I passed her the bottle and watched her take a few drinks. "You too brother this is something to celebrate." I smiled again. "It's been what over a year since I saw you little bro?" He shrugged.

"Give or take." He took a couple drinks and there was another knock on the door. Ann opened it again this time to reveal Jake. We made introductions and then headed to the car. JJ and Ann helping me down the stairs. Jake put a bag in my lap that was pretty heavy and told me to hold on to it. We drove down a few roads until we hit an unpaved gravel road. He drove carefully trying to avoid any unnecessary bumps along the way. We pulled up to a group of cars which I knew belonged to our friends. Jake took the bag from me and went to the trunk while we all got out slowly. I walked over to Megan who was talking to Kyle about something and they helped me sit on the tailgate of Kyle's truck. Looking around I realized Cali and JJ were missing. Jake opened the bag and passed out a few bottles. The air had cooled off a lot and Kyle kept glancing at his watch. "Cool it bro, it'll happen." My brother said placing his hand on Kyle's shoulder. I saw Cali leaning against a car smoking a cigarette and drinking from a bottle across from where I was sitting. She was watching the group, calculating everyone's movements and conversation. Her eyes fell on my and studied my posture before I stood up to walk over to her.

"Hey baby." Her voice was soft and pained as she looked at my arms. "Sorry about dragging you out here." I took the bottle from her hand and took a disgusting drink because I hated whiskey. She put out her smoke and hugged me, tighter than everyone else had that day. Thankful that she didn't treat me like fragile broken glass I hugged her even tighter. I heard footsteps come up behind me and saw JJ and Jared walk up holding hands. "Hello." Cali said shaking her hand. JJ's eyes were kind of harsh and calculating until they let go.

"Thank you for calling me." I looked at Cali confused for a moment as she avoided my eyes. "As much as this one hates to admit it? We just want to take care of her."

"That's what family does." Jared added. "Hi, I'm JJ's boyfriend and Jasey's brother." He shook Cali's hand.

"Thank you for driving out here. Your help tonight is appreciated." Cali still wouldn't look at me. She looked at her phone to check the time. "Any moment now. Can I have a moment to talk to JJ?" Cali asked looked at me. Anger was flaring in her eyes but when mine locked on her's they softened. I nodded and kissed her before walking away carefully with Jared. I glanced back to see JJ flailing her arms around while talking. Which she was explaining something important. Jared sat me back down on the tailgate as I heard a car coming down the road. The ground all stood around me drinking and joking around except JJ, Jared and Jake who walked to the newly arrived car. "Jasey, I love you." Cali said before kissing me hard. "Please forgive me." A panic took place in my chest as her sentence hung in the air. The only thing I could smell was pine trees and burnt wood.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?