Rory's Journal [Do Not Open]

December 25, 2011

Today is Sunday, Christmas day!
Savannah and I are going on our first Christmas date together. We're going to go ice skating tonight at this small place where they have Christmas lights flashing all around the rink and people singing hymns. Its an outdoor event. Always better outdoors when its a white Christmas.
I'll get on with the day.
"Rory, get the door!" Jim called from the kitchen. The door bell annoyed him so bad, it was like a siren going off constantly to him. He loved baking and cooking Christmas dinner on Christmas for some reason, he'd never leave the kitchen as long as he was cooking.
Fed up with his constant orders all day, for he'd been in the kitchen since four in the morning, I swung the door open.
"Van!" I said, seeing Savannah standing there in the doorway.
"ROR!" She cried back, jokingly, and gave me a big hug and kiss. I let her in and lit a fire for her. "Happy Christmas, Ror." She held up a Christmas Cracker. "Want to pop it open early?" She giggled. We always pretended we were creating a big crime when we did little things out of order. I sat down and acted as if we were to be in trouble if we opened it.
"Yes, but you MUST swear never to tell anyone, got it?" I said, jokingly glancing in her eyes. She nodded and smiled. Together, we popped open the cracker and snatched up the little prizes in side. I plopped on the ridiculous paper hat on Van's head. "I only like these things when they're blue!" I said, straightening the crown. "And its blue, so, its Rory approved!" She giggled and opened the joke.
"OH, this one's GOOD!" She said, uncrossing her legs and laying her head in my lap. "Okay," She began to read, "'What is the best Christmas present?'" She looked at me, wondering if I've heard it already.
"Hmmm..." I looked up and thought, "You?" She giggled as I kissed her on the head.
"No, silly!" She lifted it back up and read the punchline, "A broken drum! You just can't beat it!" We both cracked up laughing!
Now I guess thats why its called a Christmas 'cracker'...
I always wondered that.

After Christmas dinner, Van and I headed down to the skating rink and began our little Christmas date. She skated so gracefully. I, on the other hand, of no clue how to skate...Instead of me saving her from falling, she had to save me...a couple of times.
As we laughed and skated, I kept catching a glimpse of someone watching from the railing...It looked like Luke...
I know that one of the most stupid things to do in the world is still the school bully's girlfriend, yes, I know this...
But what was I supposed to do? It was true love...
I can't help falling in love.

We finished up our date very late at night and I walked her home.
"See you tomorrow, love?" I asked, hugging her tight.
"See you tomorrow.." She assured, releasing from the hug and booping me on the nose.

I don't know about you, but love can change a man...
No, let me restate that--
Love can change MANY men! That night I skipped home, whistling my favorite Levi King song and dancing around in the street.