Rory's Journal [Do Not Open]

October 2nd, 2012

I feel a bit like Shakespeare. Everyday, I think about that terrifying experience two years ago. I died on my birthday....
Who DIES on their birthday?
Maybe it is a bit like what dad said,
"Be careful what you wish for! God has a sense of humor, and he'll give ya want you asked for on the most hilarious times!"...
I did wish I was dead a lot...and what better time to have God give me something I wished for then my birthday?

Well, still...He also gave me a miracle...Life. I died before and survived it with no scars--of course this is a miracle for me living...
But, where in one place the sunsets, in another it rises.
I get to live...but really, I'm only just existing... Since Bradley was taken, I feel like I am the most unwanted person on the face of the planet--
Maybe God didn't bring me back to life...
Maybe he sent Torad to kill me but he just couldn't get rid of me..
Like a cockroach that won't just die.
Anyways, I guess I should re-tell you my life...
A year ago, I met the love of my life, Savannah. She's the most beautiful woman in the world, inside and out.
Three months ago, I proposed to her and TODAY...
I'm getting married.
I'm actually writing this AS I am getting married. Ridiculous, I know.
At least now I have enough money to live away from Jimmy, God bless him. I got my own job at a preschool teaching kids Geography (the only subject in school I paid a little attention to). And now, I am almost a COMPLETE scotsman. I sound just like my father from living in Bathgate too long. I know, I should stop writing in this--its ridiculous how much of a strange person I am for writing in a journal at the age of 17...even more of a ridiculous person for getting MARRIED at this age, but I assure you, I have matured VERY much since the last time I wrote in here.

I'll carry on with my day as normal, alright?

"Don't move so much! Its almost impossible to get these buttons all done when your squirmin' like a worm!" Aunt Olive said as she buttoned my tuxedo jacket up.
"Man do I wish it was 'appropriate' to wear a necktie instead of a bow tie..." I shivered and straightened me bow tie. Jimmy swung the door open, in a panic.
"Hurry up, Rory!" He shouted, beckoning for me. With the door open, I could hear the music starting while people gathered in the church.
"Oh I'm so excited!" Aunt Olive said in her adorably squeaky Scottish accent. "I'm just burning up like the heart of a star--" She was still buttoning me up as she said this but for some reason...as soon as she said 'heart of a star' I threw myself backwards and landed with a thud on the floor. Breathing heavily, I felt a sense of terror...every time I blinked while in this shock I saw myself holding a sword and fighting in some sort of battle...
'heart of a star'...Like the Orion Nebula is the heart of its constellation...I must be flashing in and out of reality. With a sigh, I sprung back up as if nothing happened to me and smiled at each confused wondering face staring back at me.
Clearing my throat, "NOW THEN...Lets get this show on the road, shall we?" I nodded and was off behind Jimmy.

The day was absolutely perfect.
The sun brightly shining through the stained glass colorful window that firmly was planted in the brilliant Scotland Castle. Everyone's face as cheery as St. Nick. You could FEEL the happiness in the air. Jimmy, of course, was the most happy, for he was my best man and proud. I stood there at the end of the aisle, waiting for my lovely angel to step through the doors. After anticipating her arrival, finally, the music started and everyone became extremely silent.
The doors opened slowly and out stepped the precious little flower girls tossing their rose petals all over the aisle. These two flower girls were Savannah's nieces, Tina and Kylie. They smiled at me and giggled to each other little childish secrets. I, as I always did, playfully made a silly face at them causing them to giggle their way to their seats. Turning my gaze back to the door I saw, coming up the stairs, my beautiful wife-to-be.

Her face was hidden from me with a beaded veil and her body engulfed with a beautiful, flowing, white dress (with a light tint of blue, as we agreed on when we went on our first date). Each ruffle in her gown contained as many beads and jewels as could fit (as we also agreed on our first date.).
Finally, her bouquet was filled with all blue flowers and diamonds (real diamonds) in the center of each one.
This is what made me start crying a little.
Our promise when I proposed to her (at Niagara falls in the States) was that she and I would each have something over five-hundred pounds that we could never sell and never forget about. For her, it was the twenty-four diamonds in her bouquet..for me, it was one enormous Diamond. As long as we polished and kept it (never selling it) we knew we could be trustworthy.
As she made her way down the aisle, her arm linked with her father's, in my mind I ran through all the times with her....starting from when we met...