Rory's Journal [Do Not Open]

October 31st, 2011 (When we met)

School today must've been the hardest school day ever...
Since tonight is Hallow's Eve, Jimmy and I had absolutely NO way of EVER concentrating.
I know, you're thinking, "Why would a kid over 16 years old STILL be excited for or even celebrate Hallow's Eve?"
Give me a break!
I like candy and sugar..and pretending I'm someone I'm not! Hallow's Eve is MY day.
When we arrived home today, Jimmy rushed to his room and me to mine. Every Hallow's Eve, we'd ALWAYS dress up in our costumes and spend the REST of the day acting like the characters we portrayed. This time, I was Harry Potter...I know, not a very original character.
Jimmy was the Joker from Batman.
When he rushed down stairs screeching "Why so serious?" at me and I shouted "Expelliarmus!" Back at him, we knew we needed to mature.
"Harry..." He said, after we fought for awhile. "What are we going to do when each of us grows up and moves away?" I rolled my eyes at him and chuckled,
"Ji--...Joker...We'll keep in touch! I can't imagine we'd be living anywhere far away from each other." I held up my wand to my nose and pushed it up to look like a pig. We laughed, hyper, as we always did on Hallow's Eve.
"LOOK!" Ji--Joker jumped up and pointed out the window. "Its getting dark! Lets go!" Grabbing my arm and yanking me out the door, him and I began our day of accepting candy from strangers.

Since Jimmy was practically my ONLY friend, him and I would go 'Trick-Or-Treating' instead of going to our friend's houses for a costume party like most teens my age would've done.
Its almost the worst thing in the WORLD when you're trick-or-treating all night long and at the end, the LAST house in the rich neighborhood (Thats the funnest to go to because they give you ENORMOUS chocolate bars), it HAS to be that snobby kid at your school having a party that everyone is at but you.

"What do you pieces of trash want?" Luke Scorpio, my sworn enemy, said, hoisting his enormous gun over his back. I didn't know exactly WHAT he was trying to pull of...it looked like Rambo met MacGyver met Indian Jones met G.I. Joe...
"Sorry--we thought you were giving out candy! We'll just be on our--" Jimmy--Joker began to say, as he always attempted to get out of trouble.
"I DON'T THINK SO!" He grabbed our shirts and spun us around to face him. "You know..the one thing no one brought to this party was...a pinata! Thanks for being original you two! Now we have TWO!" With one big yank, he lifted us both in the air and walked us inside.
"We're doomed.." Joker said.
"It was nice knowin' ya.." I replied, shuddering from fright.
We were both hung on hooks on the ceiling by our shirts and left there until everyone got their own stick. This is the story of my life, journal..its not the first time Luke harassed me in cruel and unusual ways.
After he handed everyone in the room a stick, Joker and I smiled at each other as if it was the last time we'd ever see each other. (I can tell you, it truly felt that way.)
The whole room lifted their sticks and baseball bats behind them and counted down.
"Three....Two...On--" The counted, but a sweet angelic voice stopped them.
"LUKE!" It shouted, angrily. I opened the eyes I had been squeezing and saw the most brilliantly beautiful girl ever....The new girl at school that I had tried to force myself to talk to but never had the courage to talk to because she was Luke's girlfriend, Savannah Peters.
He turned to face her and began to say 'Babe' but before he could she gave him a hard slap in the face. He turned back around and now he looked like Rambo met MacGyver met Indian Jones met G.I. Joe met the chief of an Indian squad. His face had an enormous red imprint on it and he shook with anger, trying to hold back a scream of pain. "Let them down!" She demanded and he hopped to it as if she was his mother.
I never felt so happy to feel my feet firmly on the ground again. Once him and I were back on our feet everyone continued to their routine of drinking punch and dancing to music.
"Lets get outta here..." Joker said, snarling at Luke as he walked away. Him and I made our way to the door but I was stopped before we left by a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see who stopped me...Savannah...how was I supposed to react?...I felt like squealing with happiness or dying with fear...I couldn't say anything! What if I said something that made her think I was a dork? (Or made her REALIZE I was a dork...)
"Why don't you stay a while..." She looked me up and down, "Harry." She smiled as she said this and I noticed something: She was dressed as Ginny Weasley from Harry Potter. I swallowed hard and tried to look her in the eyes,
"You're beautiful...You're the most beautiful woman in the entire world..." NOW...that is what I would've said to her if I hadn't had a chocolate frog in my throat. Instead it cam out sorta like, "Yabba bubbaful...yam mubba woo ant rold...." She giggled at me.
"I'll take that as a yes! Come on." She took my hand and rushed me to the dance floor. I peered at Joker who was smiling and laughing as if it was a joke. I smiled back at him but my smile soon faded when I looked over at Luke who was pounding his fist in his other hand and giving me a death stare. Gathering up my courage, I ignored him and started to dance with my Ginny....

We danced for an hour or so...it felt as if I was given the knowledge of dance! I can assure you, I never did good at proms..if I even made it passed the doors without realizing they ditched me. But on this little dance floor, I was incredible. I knew every move to come and every move to do...At the end of the last song played, I swung her around and bent her over. She giggled at me and booped my nose when I swung her back up.
"That was really fun..." She said, swinging back and forth while everyone began to leave.
"Yeah..." The only word I could EVER say when in front of a girl I liked. I was about to say bye, because Jimmy beckoned for me and pointed at his watch (meaning, we went passed curfew), but again, Savannah stopped me. She got on her tip toe and kissed me right on the nose. Stunned....Confused...I stood as still as a statue... Not moving..not making a noise.
"Bye, Harry.." She said sweetly. "Will I see you at school?" She asked this with an adorably soft tone of voice as she always had. Her English accent sounded like perfection...
I began to say, "Yeah" (again..the only thing I could ever say) but Jimmy rushed to me and yanked my arm.
"LETS GO!" He said pulling me out the door. Before I was totally out of the room, I heard her calling out,
"WAIT! I didn't get your real name!" She rushed to her front door and stopped, watching me being starstruck and pulled through the street. I lifted my hand up and waved at her while Jimmy turned the corner back to our house.