Twist of Fate

One

“The following contest is scheduled for one fall. It is for the United States Championship. Making his way to the ring, he is the current United States Champion: Montel Vontavious Porter: MVP!”

The music played and the boos commenced. MVP walked out with a huge smile on his face. He hoped to retain the United States Championship against whoever had answered his open challenge. Because whether the world wanted to admit it or not, MVP was better than anyone.

“And making his way to the ring, weighing in at 225 pounds, from Cameron, North Carolina: Matt Hardy!”

The crowd exploded as Matt Hardy entered the arena. The huge grin plastered across his face was the only tell-tale sign that he was feeling any emotion tonight. The adrenalin pumping through his body gave him the tunnel vision and heightened concentration he would need to take on MVP. He was there to prove once and for all that he was better than the pompous jackass.

The bell rang signaling the start of the match. Matt smiled at the look of fear that was spreading across MVP’s face. He could’t wait to take that US Championship away from the Pompous Jackass.

When it all looked as if things were going downhill for Matt, out of nowhere Matt pulled out his signature move: the Twist of Fate. The three count came and the announcement that brought the whole arena to its feet.

“Here’s your winner and the NEW United States Champion: Matt Hardy!”

Matt clutched the championship belt to his chest. The tears streamed down his face as he stood over MVP’s unconscious body. He held the belt high over his head and yelled, “Who’s the best now MVP?!”

The answer was obvious to the fans and to Matt: Matt Hardy was better then MVP.