Status: In Process

If You Tell Me to Stay, I Will Stay Right Through

I Was Scared

Matt’s POV

I sat on my bed mentally going over shit that I was going to need for the tour. We had prepared days in advance to make sure we didn’t forget anything.

Well…I did. The rest of the guys always did everything last minute. I was a perfectionist at times like this, if I forgot anything I would feel like I was starting the tour off wrong. It was stupid, but I couldn’t help it. We were leaving bright and early tomorrow morning at 5am. We were all flying to New York where our bus would be waiting.

I was nervous about this tour, excited as well, but nervous which was something new to me. I was never nervous, the only time I remember being nervous was when we shared the stage with fucking Metallica. Who the fuck wouldn’t be nervous about sharing the stage with legends?

I THINK I was nervous because Natalie was coming with us. Being on tour and stuck on a tour bus together for hours would mean that we would HAVE to interact and shit. She HAD to forgive me.
Otherwise, it would be awkward.

Every time I thought about it I got this weird feeling in my stomach. I had never felt like that before. I felt like I had to puke.

I doubted I was going to get any sleep tonight with all of this shit on my mind. I think I was starting to get through to her though. It seemed that she was close to forgiving me. I couldn’t help but grin like a fucking maniac when I thought about how nervous she got around me. It felt good to know I had that effect on her. I couldn’t remember the last time I actually saw a girl blush until I met Natalie.

My phone rang loudly on my night stand. Groaning I reached over to grab it.

Val’s name flashed on the screen. Fuck. This was the last thing I needed right now, but it was better to handle it now than when I was on tour bus where Natalie could hear.

“Yeah?” I answered roughly. Val seemed to not be able to take a hint. This whole divorce thing was getting frustrating. She just need to sign the damn papers already but she wouldn’t.

“Matt,” she said softly. I rolled my eyes.

“Here we go with the ‘I’m innocent’ crap. What do you want Valary?”

“Matt please…can’t we talk? I just…I don’t know what I was thinking. I don’t know how I could be so stupid. We’ve been together for years! We can’t just throw this away,” she pleaded.

Any other time, this would have made me forgive her instantly. She was right, we had been together for years. BUT shit had changed. I couldn’t be with someone who could just change like that from one day to the next.

“Actually, YOU threw this away remember? Your acting career was more important. I tried. I fucking begged you to stay with me but you weren’t having it. I’m over it Val. This is done. Alright? I just need you to sign the papers. Stop calling all the time with the same fucking sad story about how sorry you are. It’s not working,” I vented angrily.

I could hear her crying. Again, any other time I would’ve ran straight to wherever she was. Not this time though. Her crying had no effect on me anymore.

Just as she was about to talk again I hung up the phone. What more was there for me to say or hear?
This tour would be strange without her. She had never missed a tour before. It hurt me to know she wouldn’t be there but I needed to get used to it and I needed to start a new life without her.

I lay in bed wide awake for the rest of the night imagining what this tour was going to be like with Natalie. I was upset with her right now, not that I really had the right to be nor was I going to show her that I was still upset. It’s just that hearing the way her “chief” spoke to her made me feel uneasy. Who the fuck did he think he was anyway? I just hoped that Natalie would stay true to her word and tell her “older brother” that she was taken.

I finally turned to my side and closed my eyes hoping to get some sleep, “Older brother my fucking ass,” I muttered into my pillow before falling asleep.

The next morning came too soon. I swear I had closed my eyes five minutes ago and now the alarm on my phone was blaring unforgivingly.

I quickly jumped in the shower to wake myself up. Today was going to be a long fucking day.

After changing into some black pants and a black Iron Maiden shirt I ran around my house like a crazy person. I made sure to lock all of the windows, the garage, and the back door.
I took a look around making sure I wasn’t forgetting anything. I heard a car pull up to my driveway and I hurriedly pulled my suitcase outside. We were all taking a taxi on our own and meeting at the airport.

“Thanks,” I muttered to the driver as we pulled away from my house. I looked back at it with a sigh.
I needed to sell it. That house was for Val and I. It held to many memories. I needed something new for ME.

I decided to call Natalie to make sure she was on time and didn’t back out last minute or something.

“Hello?” She answered groggily. Had I woken her up?? My heart beat heavily against my chest.

“Natalie? Are you still in bed??” I questioned. I silently prayed that she hadn’t changed her mind.

“Unfortunately no. I would like to be though. I’m at the airport with Jimmy and Zacky. Someone should have warned me that Jimmy doesn’t function like a normal human being this early in the morning. I practically had to drag him here,” She mumbled into the phone. Instantly a grin replaced the concern on my face.

I sighed happily knowing she was at the airport and that I had nothing to worry about.

“Actually, you got lucky. Brian is worse,” I laughed. “I worried for a second that you were still in bed and had changed your mind,” I admitted.

“Psh. You think Jimmy would have allowed that?” she asked with a laugh.

“Absolutely not. And neither would I,” I grinned.

“Johnny just got here…oh wow….” I could hear amusement in her voice.

“What?”

“Johnny’s in a bad mood. I waved at him and he was such a gentleman and gave me the finger then plopped down on the floor and now he’s snoring,” she laughed.

My grin got even wider, “Who cares about Short Shit. We need a new bassist anyway, you in?”

“Don’t be mean to poor Johnny,” she scolded.

“Fine. I’m about to be there. See you soon,” I quickly said as the taxi pulled up to the airport. She mumbled a quick bye and hung up.

“Well well well, if it isn’t M. Shadows,” I heard from behind me.

“Gates! You actually made it on time?” I laughed.

He smirked, “Fuck off.”

We made it through security and made it just in time to board the plane.

I had conveniently gotten a seat next to Natalie. She was gazing out of the window when she heard me sit down next to her.

“Good morning,” I grinned.

“Morning,” She smiled. She looked beautiful. Even with her hair up in a messy bun, a hoodie and tights…she looked amazing.

“I have window seat Short Shit!” Brian complained from across the aisle.

“Dude fuck off this is my assigned seat! It says so on my ticket!” Johnny argued back.

Natalie sighed heavily before standing and leaning me, “You two need to sit down NOW. I mean it. Johnny let me see your ticket,” I watched Johnny obediently hand her his ticket. Psh, what a wimp.

“Okay Brian, Johnny has window seat so let him stay in his seat okay? Look at Zacky and Jimmy. You don’t see them fighting over a seat.” Zacky waved from behind us with a big smile.

“Fine,” Brian mumbled.

“And I don’t want to hear SHIT coming out of your mouths for the rest of this trip!” I added raising my voice slightly with a smirk.

“Dude fuck off,” Johnny glared.

“Fuck you,” Brian said as he took his seat.

I turned to face Natalie, “We showed them huh?”

“You shut up too,” She said trying to hide her smile.

“You look beautiful today,” I smiled.

She instantly blushed. “Yeah, okay. I just woke up.”

“Had me fooled,” I winked making her blush even more.

“Go to sleep,” she mumbled before turning her focus to the people working outside of the plane.

“Yes sir do you have a question?” I heard the attendant ask Brian.

“Yes ma’am. What’s your policy on seats for kids? Do you provide them?” He asked politely.

What the fuck?

“No sir, I’m sorry. Do you have a child with you?” She asked looking around. I looked around as well.

“Nope. But I have this guy here, I’m just worried about his safety because he’s a tad bit on the shorter side,” Brian smiled warmly as he patted Johnny’s head.

I covered my mouth to keep from laughing. Zacky, on the other hand, laughed loudly.

“Shut up dude!” Johnny complained. “Don’t listen to him ma’am. I know you have more important things to do than to listen to this asshole.”

The lady tried hard to hide her grin before walking away to help someone else.

Zacky and Brian high fived each other. Man, never a dull moment with these guys. If Jimmy were awake it would be ten times worse. We’ve been kicked off of planes for our behavior before, I really hoped this wouldn’t be one of those times.

“Night night Short Shit,” Brian snickered as he got comfortable in his seat and closed his eyes.

Finally, the plane was taking off. The sooner we got there the better.

Natalie got comfortable in her seat and closed her eyes. Grinning, I got comfortable as well resting my head on her shoulder.

When we finally landed in New York, we were all hyped up about the tour. Jimmy had finally and fully woken up and was beyond hyper and talked nonstop the whole way to the hotel.

We all carried our bags to the busses in the back parking lot while Natalie checked us into the hotel we would be staying at for just the night.

I took out a change of clothes and bathroom necessities before grabbing Natalie’s small bag that she had already prepared.

As we walked in she handed each of us our keys. “Am I sharing a room with you?” I winked with a grin.

“Absolutely not,” she stated making my grin instantly disappear.

“What? Why?” She had to be joking. We had only reserved three rooms.

“I’m sharing with Zacky,” she said as she took her bag from me. Zacky wiggled his eyebrows at me from behind her.

I glared at him, “Zacky and Brian always share. RIGHT Zack?”

“No we don’t,” Brian piped in. He obviously tuned in at the wrong time.

“Alright everyone head up to your rooms and get some rest because tomorrow is a long day,” Natalie ordered.

I sent everyone one last glare before stalking off to my room which I apparently would be sharing with Brian.

“Someone’s not too happy,” I heard Zacky snicker before the elevator closed. Fuck all of them. I was supposed to share a room with Natalie. There better be two beds in there. I made a mental note to pop in later and make sure.

Natalie’s POV

Matt stomped off angrily after I told him we wouldn’t be sharing a room. Did he seriously think I would share a room with him? That would mean an infinite amount of bad things could happen.

First of all, it would mean that I had forgiven him. Even though I’m close I haven’t completely forgiven him. Second, that could result in unnecessary issues like him expecting something more than just roommate interaction which would further complicate things since we have no idea what our status is right now.

I could go on, but I needed to have a clear head right now. I groaned as I threw my stuff down next to Zacky’s and plopped face down onto the bed nearest to the window.

“Oh he’ll get over it,” Zacky grinned as he looked over a room service menu. “Aren’t you hungry? You have to be hungry. We haven’t eaten all day.”

“Actually, now that you mention it…I’m starving.” I admitted rubbing my stomach.

“Wanna go down to find something to eat or should we order something from this menu thing?”

“See anything good on there?”

“Hell no. Come on let’s go,” He said pulling me up.

I grabbed my purse before following him out.

Zacky walked with his hands in his pockets slightly ahead of me towards a diner across the street.

“Should we have called the guys?” I called up to him.

“Nah,” He shook his head. “I have a major headache and I don’t feel like dealing with their yelling and shit. Plus, I prefer to actually eat and not get kicked out before I can, how about you?” He said before turning back to me with a smile.

I smiled back as he opened the door for me. “Feel free to sit anywhere,” the waiter greeted with a smile.

We nodded and headed towards a booth with a window facing the hotel. The diner was relatively empty except for a couple that sat in a secluded corner.

“What can I get you guys to drink?” The waiter politely asked.

“I’ll have Dr. Pepper,” Zacky said without glancing up from his menu.

“Me too.”

“Sounds good, I’ll be back in a sec,” He said before taking off to get our drinks.

“What are you going to get?” Zacky asked.

“I kind of want a burger and fries,” I said closing my menu.

“Same here. Twins!” He grinned goofily making me laugh.

The waiter came back with our drinks and took our orders.

My phone signaled an incoming text from Matt. ‘Where are you? I knocked on your door and no one answered.’

“It’s Matt. He wants to know where we are…” I looked up at Zacky questioningly.

“Ehh I guess tell him, he’s the most mature one and won’t be annoying anyway.”

I nodded and responded to Matt. ‘Come to the diner across the street.’

“He’s probably going to be all pissy because we didn’t invite him,” Zacky laughed.

I rolled my eyes, “Maybe.”

“Let’s order him something to drink so he won’t turn into hulk and destroy the whole diner,” Zacky muttered as he signaled the waiter.

“Can we have one more Dr. Pepper and can we keep a menu? We have one more person coming.”

“Sure thing!” The waiter said handing Zacky a menu.

“Here he comes,” I said as I noticed him walking towards the diner.

“Nice of you guys to invite me,” Matt mumbled as he scooted in next to me.

“Zack ordered you a drink,” I said sliding it towards him. Zack was right, his mood seemed to lighten a little.

“Thanks Zee,” he said before taking a sip.

“Sorry for not telling you man. I just have a migraine and I didn’t feel like getting kicked out of a diner,” Zacky genuinely said.

“Nah I get it dude, I don’t feel too good either,” he said as he smoothly put his arm behind my head.

“What’s wrong?” I questioned.

“Headache. I’ll be fine though,” he assured me before the waiter approached to take his order.

“Dude, who’s that guy?” Zacky squinted as he looked out of the window.
Matt and I both turned to look as well and caught a glimpse of a guy taking pictures from across the street.

“The fuck?” Matt muttered leaning forward to get a better look.

When the guy noticed we were watching he immediately walked down the street casually and disappeared around a corner.

I recognized him. He was a well-known gang member in Texas. He wasn’t of a high rank though, he was just known for spying on the enemy. Which in this case was me.

I cleared my throat, my hands itching to reach for my phone and call chief.

Then I remembered my promise to Matt. “I know him.” I admitted staring down at my Dr. Pepper.

“What?” Zacky asked as he leaned across the table.

I quickly explained what I knew about him. Their eyes widened when I told them he was known for gathering intel on the enemy.

“Fuck dude…how did he know you were going to be here?” Zacky questioned.

“I don’t know. There are many ways. Maybe they have access to my email. Maybe my phone is tapped. It could be anything,” I explained.

“Tomorrow morning we’re getting you a new phone. And as soon as we get back to the hotel get a new email,” Matt ordered pulling my closer to him. I nodded.

Shit was getting serious and it was time to admit it, I was scared.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was mostly a filler. What did ya'll think?

I literally got one comment on the last chapter :( Thanks acid_rain88!! lol :D

I need feedback guys :) pretty please! Let me know if my story is starting to suck.