Status: This is a fanfiction of the TV series Merlin. I hope it can hold a candle to the actual series. Enjoy!

Woven Magic

Camelot Bound

Chapter 1

(Mystra)

Finally, Camelot. I had been traveling a four days journey just to see this great kingdom. Since King Arthur did not perish in last stand between him and Morgana’s forces, Camelot stood stronger than ever before. My mother Sorshen was not the happiest about that.

It was my mother’s sorcery that molded and ultimately sealed my sister’s fate. Morgana was destroyed at the hand of her doom, the one my father called Emrys. I lived among my father’s people, the druids and indeed, I knew Mordred well for he was my cousin. But Morgana reeled my dear cousin in and he sought vengeance against Arthur for hanging his beloved for threatening Camelot as an ally of Morgana. Indeed Arthur had no choice for there was no reasoning with her. But Mordred saw this as a great betrayal. He sought out Morgana and they attempted to take out Arthur and came so close to succeeding. Of course I wasn’t there to witness any of this in person, but the images and the premonitions came flooding into my mind at the exact moments that it happened. Being the daughter of a Runelord and a Druid, the powers within me are the strongest in the lands. There is only one sorcerer who holds greater power than I. Emrys.

I loved my father, but unlike he and his people, I had seen the kindness and the potential of King Arthur. I know of the prophecies because my dear friend Kilgharrah has told me of them since I was a child. I wasn’t quite sure why such an majestic dragon chose such a small, fragile druid girl to befriend. When I was old enough to contemplate the question I began to ask him frequently. Each time he would tell me the same.

“You hold more purpose and power in the story of Albion than you know, young sorceress. When the time comes, you will know all you need to know.” I never understood his response. I still don’t. The only reason I have made this perilous journey to Camelot is because it was Kilgharrah who told me upon questioning him as to why I had seen the events that had passed between Camelot and my sister’s doings. He narrowed his reptilian eyes on me and looked into the depths of my very soul.

“Because, young sorceress, it is Emrys who is not only your fate, but also… your life long partner.” He told me. I didn’t understand all of the details. But if I was born to help build Albion, who was I to argue with prophecy. So I gathered what few possessions I would need for the trek and headed for Camelot.

“Hault! Show yourselves upon entering Camelot.” One of Arthur’s top knights called out to me upon reaching the wall of Camelot. I paused for a moment. No one knew who I was there, or that I had magic. Though magic was still outlawed in the kingdom, I had no reason to fear arrest, nor did my friend Malle whom had made the trek across the lands at my side. So I slid my dark blue hood off and looked at the knight, Malle followed suit. He was tall and fit, his dark chocolate brown eyes locked with mine and his short tousled wavy dark mahogany brown hair blew lightly in the wind. He quite the handsome fellow, dressed in black and with little armor. We approached the knight and he bowed to us.

“I apologize for the strict tone my ladies. But may I ask you who you are, and from where do you journey?” the knight asked us. I grabbed the skirt of my long pale blue dress and curtsied to the knight and the few others that were slowly advancing on us.

“We mean you, Camelot, and its king no ill will Sir Black Knight. My friend and I were traveling from Eurythnia. We seek refuge in Camelot. Morgana’s forces came rampaging through the lands after learning of her defeat. They pillaged our village, it was by luck alone that we were able to escape them.” I lied easily. I knew we might be questioned upon reaching Camelot’s gates. I made this story up about two days prior. It seemed well enough to be believed.

“Will you be staying a while my ladies?” A knight, fully armored and just as handsome as his brother in arms asked us, stepping out from behind the knight in black. He was taller than his friend, with shaggy wavy mid-neck tousled medium chocolate brown hair and piercing emerald green eyes.

“We had hoped to be welcomed to stay as long as it was suited, Sir.” Malle spoke up, curtsying to them both, her long slightly wavy dark mocha brown hair that ran just past her shoulders fell over her warm honey brown eyes. Malle had been my friend since childhood, and it still amazed me as to just how much a glorious woman she had grown into. She truly was beauty in essence.

“If you seek citizenship ladies, we must take you to the king immediately. Arthur must approve your acceptance himself. If you would be so kind as to follow us, Sir Gwaine and I will escort you to your highness.” Sir Black Knight told us and we simply nodded and began to follow the two of them into Camelot. The city was bustling, with commoners roaming through wheeling carts and small businesses lining the streets. We passed the tavern on our way to the castle and the two knights stopped once a strong voice shouted out, “Gwaine! Lancelot!”

We all turned to see who had called out their names and apparently Sir Black Knight was known to his friends as Lancelot. I wisped around, my long slightly wavy mid-back mahogany brown hair with a natural auburn tint shading my hazel green eyes and I had to pull it back behind my ears. The man approached us, a proud stance at average height and short kind of shaggy straight wheat blond hair with fierce ocean blue eyes. He must have been a knight as well, and an important one since his presence was so prominent.

“Sire.” Lancelot and Gwaine said to him in unison and bowed in respect. Just who was this guy?

“No need gentlemen, I was merely wondering if perhaps either or you have seen or heard from Merlin. He didn’t show up to work today. I spoke to Giaus and he said he was out running an errand, which usually is code for ‘he’s in the tavern’. But I’ve searched the tavern and everywhere else he could possibly be in the kingdom but no such luck.” The blond man said to them. His blue eyes slid over to Malle and I and his gaze softened. He bowed in our direction and we curtsied in return. “Pardon me ladies, it appears I have interrupted something?” The man questioned turning his gaze back on the knights.

“No Sire, not at all. We’ve been patrolling the wall since dawn my Lord, and I do recall seeing Merlin leave town. We did not speak with him but perhaps he truly is running an errand for Giaus. And actually Sire, we were just on our way to see you. It appears these fine ladies have suffered at the hand of rogue troops from what is left of morgana’s army. They fled to Camelot in search of security, my lord for their village has been lost. Might they seek citizenship my Lord?” Gwaine spoke on our behalf.

“Well, I give my sincerest condolences to you and the people of your village my ladies. We’ll send a patrol out to clean up the damage and search for survivors. But you two are very welcome in Camelot and we’ll see to it that you receive permanent residence in the kingdom if that is what you so wish. Will you be desiring work?” The blond guy replied turning to us. Wait a minute… My Lord?… Sire? The man before us, he was truly King Arthur?

“Your Highness.” I answered and bowed, grabbing Malle by the wrist and she followed my actions upon realizing exactly whom we were speaking to. Malle had adopted a certain pinkish red hue to her cheeks once Arthur had approached us. No way. Did she fancy the King? I was going to have to question her about that once we were alone.

“Perfect! Merlin could use a hand with his chores. You my lady, what is your name?” Arthur answered, his eyes locking with mine. I paused for a moment. Should I tell him my real name? I was skeptical, but I decided it may not be wise to lie to the king.

“I am Mystra Goodwich, your highness.” I answered him truthfully. I curtsied to him, my head down. He chuckled softly.

“Truly, there is no need for such formalness. And you my sweet, what is yours?” Arthur asked, turning to Malle, taking her by the hand and kissing the top of it. My heart just about stopped upon realizing that he had taken the hand that had her Druid mark on the underside of her wrist. If Arthur found out we were Druids, we may be in for a fight. He turned Malle’s wrist up, the mark catching his eye, while Malle got redder in the face. “You’re a Druid?” Arthur’s tone turned a little more serious.

“Y-yes… my Lord.” Malle stuttered, she began to shake slightly. He was silent for a moment as he stared down at the mark and then he looked her in the eyes.

“Normally Druids try to stay as far away from Camelot as possible. But since I am not my father and I have no quarrel with the Druid peoples, you are still welcome to stay within the walls of Camelot. I’m sorry, my lady I was thrown off my thought pattern. What is your name, I must know.” He asked her, eager to hear her name.

“It is Malle, my Lord. Malle Sunwriser.” Malle told him as he kissed the top of her hand once more and I swore she might have fainted had I not been there supporting her weight. I thought once we had exited the Land of Lust she might fain from fancying the men so much. She had done so thus far, but Arthur had broken that record. He must be a special King indeed.

“Well Malle, why don’t I bring you to Ms. Nightshade. She owns the tavern here and I believe she might be persuaded to employ a young beauty such as yourself. Mystra, I will send my servant to fetch you tomorrow to prepare for your duties in the palace. The two of you will be staying in the castle until we can find you more permanent living quarters. Merlin should be thankful I am allowing him two luxuries.” He said, still in possession of Malles hand, his eyes sliding back over to meet my gaze.

“And what might those be my Lord?” I asked him, laughing lightly at his playful attitude.

“Well this way he has someone to cover for him whenever he feels the obligation to take the day off and visit the tavern or run an errand. Besides, he gets to embarrass himself in front of a pretty young lady instead of just I all the time.” He laughed and led Malle into the tavern after she and I exchanged a knowing look of ‘oh my god, this is happening.’

Hmm, I wondered who this Merlin was. I suppose being paired up with a servant to the King is not the worst I could have done. Perhaps it would bring me closer to finding Emrys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not own Merlin or any rights to the characters or the show. However I do own my own original characters that I have created for the purpose of this fanfiction.

This is my first Merlin fanfiction ever. I fell in love with the series but I sought an alternate ending to it. So I hope this story will do it justice and send fans into even more adventures. Comment, subscribe, recommend, tell your friends, I welcome all feedback. :) Just don't be mean please. Enjoy Woven Magic!

WC:1985