Status: This is a fanfiction of the TV series Merlin. I hope it can hold a candle to the actual series. Enjoy!

Woven Magic

The Feast

Chapter 6

The Feast

The day of the Grand Feast had arrived and I had nothing but my plain servants dress to wear. How was I supposed to welcome war heros dressed as a servant? Here in Camelot, they were quite gracious and kind to their servants, but in other kingdoms, servants of my stature were not so lucky to have a benevolent king such as Arthur. Sure, he showed Merlin a lot of ill will at times but I kind of just chalked that up to it being their way of bonding. The fact is, after Arthur had won the war against Morgana and discovered that Merlin had been behind everything, breaking his own neck just to keep him alive and to help him win while being afraid for his own life due to the fact he had been using magic, Arthur began to gain a great deal of respect for his servants. Especially Merlin. He had made him like royalty within the palace, yet Merlin refused to stop serving him so they compromised.

I stood up from my desk after brushing out my long dark brown hair and preparing the cosmetics, throwing my wooden hairbrush at Malle who was still snoring away in the bed. She jolted up and with a shout, “AH! Huh-wha?” she slurred, looking around disoriented. Finally her eyes landed on me, “You! I hate you.” she said narrowing her eyes into slits.

“Oh, if you hated me, you would have smothered me in my sleep by now!” I exclaimed to her and she smiled evilly, getting off of her bed with one of her pillows. I squealed, doing my best to get away from her as we played a game of cat and mouse before she finally hit me with her pillow. “You are not fair, my friend.”

“I never claimed to be, you simply believed that I was.” she said laughing, before we heard a knock on the door. We both put on our robes to make ourselves decent and I walked over to the door, opening it to reveal no one standing there. Instead, there was a square package that was tied off with a white lace ribbon and a rose that was the deepest blue I had ever seen was tied with it. “Who is at the door?”

“No one...but there is a package here and it is addressed to me…” I said, completely in shock considering it was something I was not used to at all. I picked it up, bringing it inside to inspect it further and I read the card. It read: “Dearest Mystra, I figured you would enjoy such a beautiful gift for such a person as yourself. Can’t wait to see you tonight.” I sat there wondering who could have sent me such a package. I opened it up and the package revealed non other than the most beautiful gown I had ever laid my eyes on. It was a gorgeous periwinkle with a royal blue trimming and corset top. It was floor length and slightly puffy, flaring out around the skirt. It had gorgeous white diamond and sterling silver designs tied together around glittering ribon along the sweetheart neckline, the waistband, and trailing up the side of the skirt. The sleeves were detachable, a royal blue with long periwinkle fabrics that streamed down around them and the same diamonds and sterling silver designs that lined the tops of them. It was absolutely outstanding, almost what royalty would wear. This all seemed a little too good to be true. I was not a princess.

I walked over to my chest and opened the drawer with all of my potions and spells in it, finding one that would cancel any enchantments or poisons that might have been bestowed upon it. I grabbed it said the incantations, feeling my eyes tingle, the way they had yesterday. I may have been weak at field spells, but the up close potions and enchantments that involved materials to complete them, I had been studying those since I was little girl. I had nearly perfected the art of it. Sprinkling the potion on the dress, it showed me no sign of ill will and smiled, content that this dress was intended for me simply to be worn by me and not part of some evil plot of some villain within the castle walls.

“Oh Mystra...it’s positively wonderful! You have to try it on.” Malle urged and I sighed and agreed, finding that once I had pulled the entire dress out of the package, there was more, and even another note. “Also, this one’s for Malle, wouldn’t want to leave her without. Enjoy!” I gasped, pulling out a slender, form fitting, floor length magenta dress with a floral design on a riveting darkset pink middle panel that ran the entire length of it. It had a corset middle that tied together in the front and lighter pink trimming with long sleeves that flared out at the ends. It was beautiful, fit for a queen.

“Malle! This one is yours.” I told her, putting it up against her to see how it would look and she looked confused for a moment, snatching away the note I held in my hand.

“Who could have sent these?” she asked, rereading it for what seemed as though the forty seventh time before she set it down and took the dress from my hands. The ball was to be set for later that evening, so the rest of the time was to be spent doing things around the castle in order to get it ready for it.

“I have no clue on who it could be, but I guess I’m not going to be the first to object to this.” I laughed lightly and then peaked out my window to see the angle of the sun. “Oh no...I’m late!” I exclaimed, putting on my gown and quickly doing what I could in a short amount of time. When I had arrived at Arthur's room, opening the door to find him still in bed asleep. I set out his clothing for the day and was working on cleaning his boots when Merlin came into the room, tripping over one of the many boots that I had cleaned and the tray of food that had went flying.

Almost at the same time, we both uttered spells to keep the tray from hitting the ground and it stopped midair. If we hadn’t caught it in time, Arthur would need a bath to clean off all the milk and juice and food that would have went all over him. Merlin went over and got the tray, putting it over on his table before he woke up Arthur.

“Food is ready Arthur, wake your lazy arse up.” he said, but Arthur just waved him off before rolling over and putting the pillow over his head. “Come on!” he whined, pulling the covers off and I covered my eyes, blushing because of the fact that he was anything but decent.

“Merlin! Do you know how bloody cold it is?!” he exclaimed, his blue eyes blazing in anger as he started shivering and he caught sight of me in the corner of his eye. “And you did that with her in the room?!”

“I swear...I didn’t see anything, Your Majesty...well, I mean...aside from your knickers, but not everything!” I exclaimed, blushing even harder and trying to cover up. “Feel free to throw one of your boots at him, to make yourself feel better!”

“You know, that sounds like a brilliant idea...I knew there was a reason I liked you.” he smiled at me as I brought him over one boot, watching him chuck it at Merlin’s head and he ducked. “Merlin, if you want me to be happy, don’t move or I’ll make your life a living hell at practice!”

“C-Can I watch?” I asked, feeling as though I should ask permission and they both looked at me in shock.

“No!”

“Yes!” Merlin and Arthur answered at the same exact moment and Arthur grinned at him, “My answer trumps yours because I am me and you are you.”

“She doesn’t need to see that.” Merlin said, whining even further as he looked at me with such a look that should scare me out of going, but I enjoyed watching them practice.

“Oh, she shouldn’t but she is going to.” He states, dismissing me so he could get dressed for the day. I practically skipped down to the training field, noticing that four people were already practicing...well, they must have been but now two were at one another’s throat.

“You absolute twit, that was an entire inch on my hair you just sliced off!” Dame Jacosa hissed at Sir Gwaine.

“What? If I do recall, you all but fancy a shorter hairstyle.” Gwaine replied, smirking at her and Jacosa lightly laid her sword on his armor.

“If you value your life, stand down Sir Gwaine!” she demanded and he chuckled, taking his sheathed sword and swiping it swiftly beneath Jacosa’s feet, making her lose her footing and Gwaine caught her just before she hit the ground, leaning into her with the tips of their noses nearly touching.

“Now now Dame Jacosa, you do that and you’ll have to hold auditions to replace me.” he murmured in a low voice to her and the expression on her face was complete shock and she froze up for a moment, staring up at Gwaine, her smokey gray eyes wide with bewilderment.

“Please, Arthur’s servant Merman can replace even you.” she scoffed. Gwaine raised an eyebrow at her before releasing her to the fall the remainder of the way to the earth with a rough, but mostly gentle thud.

“It’s Merlin.” Gwaine responded and stepped over her.

She stared after him in shock, then looked over to see that Sir Lancelot and Dame Royse were watching the entire confrontation and Lancelot came over to help her up. That seemed to be a popular trend with those three, he would let her down and Lancelot would swoop in and put her on her feet again. I could tell that she fancied Lancelot, but there was a small fancy there for Gwaine as well, though that is just my thoughts on the matter. I decided to walk over to see if she was alright, slightly timid at first considering she was quite...intimidating.

“Dame Jocosa, are you alright?” I asked, causing all four of them to jump. I had that effect on most people with how quiet I was, not even making a sound once.

“You should be a knight, I didn’t even hear you arrive.” Dame Royse spoke up, causing me to blush, fighting had never been my thing honestly. I preferred to stand back and work my magic, unknowingly to everyone else to what was happening around them.

“Yes I am quite alright, thank you for your concern…” She paused, trying to produce my name from her memory, but we hadn’t exactly been properly introduced.

“Mystra, Mystra Goodwich.” I curtsied and they shook their head.

“No need for you to curtsy to us.” She smiled and I looked at her confused, “unless it is something that makes you comfortable.”

“I am just used to it considering I am Arthur’s other servant.” I pointed out and they all let out a simultaneous “ahh.”

“You just aren’t used as a punching bag like Merlin is, thankfully because it would kill me to harm you.” Gwaine said, bowing to me and kissing the top of my hand. Jacosa rolled her eyes before putting her boot to the back of his knee and pushing on it, causing him to stumble over.

“Don’t disgust her so.” she said, the fierceness returning to her voice and she somewhat reminded me of a wild cat, protecting her young from intruders. “So, you are going to be able to watch practice, are you?”

“Yes thankfully.” I smile, “It is quite entertaining to watch Merlin dance.” for some reason, once that sentence had passed my lips, I felt my face heat up and the sister warriors both shared a look, before smirking at me.

“Don’t worry, Sir Lancelot over there has taught me not to kill someone during practice, so your Merlin will not be harmed by me.” Jacosa commented, causing me to blush even harder at that statement and I began stuttering.

“But...he...we...I...M-Merlin’s not mine!” I finally spat out and they both laughed at my reaction, before Royse put an arm around my shoulders.

“You just sit there and relax, your secret is safe with us.” she said, winking before lining up next to Arthur as he and Merlin finally made their way onto the field. They set things up and Merlin put on a helmet this time and held a smaller shield. My poor Merlin...I mean, Merlin’s not mine! But for some reason I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. His pure blue eyes met mine and he got distracted for a second as Arthur attacked at will and caught Merlin off guard. He stumbled back, throwing up his shield, catching the blade just in time.

“For God’s sake Merlin, hold still! I don’t know how many times I have to tell you to stop moving.” Arthur lectured and started going hard on Merlin and I flinched with every hit. Oh dear, that was going to hurt tomorrow.

“So...what are you ladies doing after practice?” I asked them and their eyes lit up instantly, as if they had been waiting for the magic words and I had just said them.

“We’ll be going to bathe and prepare ourselves for the royal feast. Would you care to join us? You and your friend?” Royse answered and I was a little take aback by their offer.

“Oh...I suppose we could join you in getting ready.” I answered for the both us, even though Malle had no say in it.

“Excellent! It’s settled then, you and Malle shall arrive at our chamber at sundown. It’s been eons since my sister and I have enjoyed the company of other ladies aside from each other. We’re mostly surrounded by idiots...I mean men.” Jacosa finalized the plans and I nodded in agreement. Wait… they knew Malle’s name but not mine or Merlin’s? What kind of fortune was this?

“How...how did you know her name?” I finally asked, the shock of it all making me overly curious.

“Oh she works in the tavern and we visit there after a hard day, I hear Merlin is quite fond of the tavern.” Royse answered, causing a blush to wash over my face. Her response made sense to a degree, but I figured I would just ask Malle later about it. They left my side as they went up to take their turn and Lancelot and Gwaine stood on either side of me and began to talk over me.

“Gwaine, you two have to stop your arguing, it is getting quite annoying.” Lancelot says, causing Gwaine to scoff and roll his eyes.

“You know what is annoying?” he countered, “You constantly swooping in to defend her.”

Oh, do I sense some jealousy going on, this is an interesting turn of events.

“Swooping in to defend her? Gwaine you treat her as if she is the enemy, when she is on our side...there is nothing else there.” he states, trying to get the subject off of her. “Did you learn anything at practice with Royse?”

“Some, but it’s as though even her sister has her problems with me.” he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“Lancelot, Gwaine get over here and stop lollygagging!” Arthur yelled at them both, causing all three of us to jump in surprise. They obeyed and made their way out onto the field and dueled one another. They each fought evenly but when all was said and done Gwaine had bested Lancelot and he graciously accepted his defeat. When he made his way off of the field, Gwaine seemed to be fuming about something. Something about he and Jacosa probably. I wasn’t sure what the history between them was, but as a servant, you learn to be all ears so I was sure I would hear about it eventually. Perhaps if I made friendly with Jacosa and Royse they would tell me themselves.

“Mystra, why don’t you go out there? I bet you’re better than you think you are.” Royse said, handing me her sword and I stood there in shock. Me? Wield a sword? But I had never even fought in a real duel. Sure I had warded off attackers in the past and I obviously had won since I was still alive. But in front of other people? Under pressure?

“W-What me?” I questioned and Arthur turned his attention to what Royse had brought up. He slowly developed a cocky grin on his face.

“Right. Mystra, why don’t you take on Merlin here? If nothing else, it’ll be entertaining at the least.” he said, handing me his shield. He wanted me to go up against Merlin? Jacosa and Royse snickered at that suggestion and Jacosa ushered me out to face Merlin who met my gaze tentatively.

“I want a fair fight you two, no funny business.” Royse said, watching as I looked at her like she had lost her mind in thinking this was a good idea. “And fight.” Before I knew it, Merlin was swinging his sword at me and almost instinctively, I blocked it with the shield. I spun around and let the sword fly with it, which he blocked like it was nothing. He sheild bashed against mine and caused me to fly backwards onto my back. He went to bring his sword down, but I rolled out of the way and kicked his feet out from under him. I managed to get to my feet just as he hit the ground and put the sword to his throat.

“The winner is Mystra!” Jacosa exclaimed holding up my hand and everyone was cheering around me. I blushed and helped Merlin up, quietly apologizing to him to which he shook his head laughing. Saying something about getting me back later, which was a little terrifying, but I tried not to think on it too much. Before I knew it, practice was over and it was time to go get Malle, then our dresses and things and then to the sisters’ house.

“That was amazing how you defeated Merlin like that.” Royse raved on our walk to the tavern.

“Oh please, it was against Merlin.” Jacosa said, letting a chuckle. “He probably threw the match to win her affections anyway.” I just couldn’t seem to stop from blushing today.

“Hey, he almost had me. I was lucky I moved when I did, other he’d have been the victor.” I said, trying to stick up for my partner. Both Royse and Jacosa snickered at that statement. They just thought we were the cutest darn thing in the whole kingdom apparently. I cleared my throat in an attempt to draw attention away for Merlin and I. “So… what’s your story ladies? How did you end up as head of the kings army in Camelot?” I asked them. It seemed to be working.

“Well, my sister and I used to be outlaws in our kingdom.” Jacosa said, launching the conversation.

“Indeed we did. When the king discovered that we were stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, he named up bandits. And so we lived for several years in the forest just outside of the kingdom walls, stealing from the rich, and sneaking inside the city limits to smuggle bread, water, and riches to the poor. Try as he may, the king never caught sight of us until he discovered our hideout among the woods and sent several of his men capture us.” Royse explained and by then I was already engrossed in their story so that I forgot all about where we were going at the moment.

“We defeated the kings men single handedly and soon others who had been wrongly named outlaws of the kingdom caught wind of our reputation and found us to join forces. Before we knew it, we had a full army at our command. We stormed the castle one night and demanded we be granted our freedom. Instead, the king knighted us and when we refused to serve such a self righteous and greedy king, he made arrangements to trade us in to Camelot. We had been named his top ranked knights and King Arthur was looking for someone to bring life and fire to the army. King Midas was so fraught with greed that King Arthur traded large sums of gold a piece of land to King Midas for two of his best warriors and since we were causing such ruckus within and we were highest qualified for the job, Midas sold us to Camelot.” Jacosa finished. I tried to wrap my head around that fact that they were sold, like a piece of property. I had heard such things being common among city dwellers, but we Druids valued our women and therefore it was immoral practice to sell another human being, even of the female variety.

“Don’t misunderstand us Lady Mystra, while we didn’t enjoy being sold like cattle, we went along with it. We saw it as a way out of the kingdom we had been stuck in. We had heard of Arthur’s benevolence and his victory of Morgana’s forces, so we were pleased to make the trade. Besides, we had heard that he wanted to recruit us as Co-Captains of Camelot’s army and so that was quite the promotion. So far, it’s been working out quite well for us.” Royse stated as we finally got to the tavern to fetch Malle, who was supposed to be off work by now.

“I’ll be done after I finish these dishes, then we can get going.” she said after we had gone inside to talk to her. We took a seat at the nearest table and I decided to tell Jacosa about what I had heard the guys saying.

“So, I heard something pretty interesting when you two went over to practice.” I say, getting their attention and they motioned for me to continue. “Sir Lancelot and Sir Gwaine were talking over me as though I was not there, they started talking about you Jacosa.”

“They were?” she asked, her face becoming a bright red and her sister chuckled. “What about exactly?”

“Oh well, Lancelot was telling him that he needed to not be such a bother to you and Gwaine retorted, telling him it was annoying that he would always defend you.” I went on and then thought about it, “that was about it, but something tells me that they both fancy you all quite a bit and the real question is…” I chuckled, seeing her not even looking either of us in the eyes. “Do you fancy either of them?”

“Oh, she in completely infatuated with Sir Lancelot, she never stops talking about him while we are home.” Royse exclaimed, which caused Jacosa to throw her a nasty glare, then her eyes opened wide and I followed them to see Gwaine come in with some other knights.

“A little early to be drinking, don’t you think?” Jacosa asked, when he spotted her and came over.

“I could say the same to you.” he chuckled, sitting down at the extra seat as if we had given him an invitation to. Thankfully, Malle was coming over of the back and came over to us and we all stood up.

“We’ll see you at the feast.” Royse said to them all as we walked out of the tavern and to our home to grab things, before going to Jacosa and Royse’s house. It didn’t take long to get there and we were in complete awe at their home, but I think it was mostly because of the fact that they didn’t have to share a room together. We sat in their library, reading to one another while we waited for the sisters to finish bathing and they said that I could take one as well considering that I was in a duel.

It didn’t take as long as we all had thought for all of us to get ready for the event, but I was in complete awe at their dresses. All I had ever seen them in was their uniforms and this was completely out of the norm for them both of them.

Jacosa came out from her sleeping quarters first she wore a mint green floor length gown that flowed behind her as she walked. A white floral design accented the dress with a black trim around the waist and the V neckline. At the top, in the center of the neckline was a silver and black pendant in the shape of a snake and they sleeves stopped at her elbows but flowed down around her wrists. She was strikingly gorgeous, with bangs pulled back from her face and pulled up into a glorious bun that looked almost like that of a orange rose in the back of her head, and the rest of her wavy bright orange red hair rippled down her back. She even had a little bit of makeup on. It was so different, but in a good way.

Royse stepped out of her chambers next, and her dress was wonderful. The outer layer was a deep satin purple that shined like velvet, and the underlayer was lighter lavender purple with a black floral design that started heavy at the bottom of her floor length gown and thinned out towards the waist, then saturated again at the torso and at the straight ruffled neckline. She also had a corset like top that came together in the front and her sleeves were long and flared out at the wrists. She wore a black cross pendant around her neck and red orange riglet hair was french braided down her right shoulder with violet wild flowers sown in the braid. She was breath taking.

They let Malle and I dress in their quarters as well since we were still dressed in our normal everyday work clothes. Malle had taken the package with the dresses and accessories to work at the tavern so we were able to help each other dress. We helped each other into our dresses and slid on some generic black slipper that they were selling at the market that afternoon since no one was going to see our feet, as did Royse and Jacosa that followed suit. I was just going to wear my hair down since I had no idea what to do with it and so was Malle. But as soon as we stepped out of Jacosa’s and Royse’s sleeping chambers, they immediately got upset.

“Your dresses are so beautiful!” Jacosa gasped, throwing her hands over her mouth.

“Yes! But your hair… well you can’t go like that. Not that its not gorgeous as natural, but for such an occasion as this, allow us.” Royse stated and they took us to the kitchen table and spent the next couple hours on our hair and makeup. I ended up with a half up do, my mahogany brown hair successfully curled in perfect ringlets and bunched together at the crown of my head with two braids holding it together around it and small silver pins that lined them, while the rest of my hair hung down in rivets around my shoulders. The natural auburn tint that had always been throughout my hair gave it that extra shimmer in needed to reflect the pins perfectly in the light. Malle’s hair had been straightened and left down mostly, with two braids that started in the front on either side and met in the middle on the back of her head while the rest of her pure black hair hung loosely down to her shoulders. By the time they were done and we peered into the floor length mirror they possessed in the main room of their house, we hardly recognized ourselves.

“I...I look like a princess.” I uttered and Jacosa squealed with pride in her masterpiece.

“Well don’t feel too weirded out, Malle looks like a bloody Queen!” Royse joked and we all let out a laugh. “You seriously do!”

“Yeah right! Like I could ever be Queen of Camelot.” she said and I almost laughed at how disappointed she looked. As if she hadn’t caught the King’s attention from the moment we met him. Now it was time for us to leave for the palace, which we would be taking a carriage to and we all were pretty excited about this now.

************************************************

When we finally arrived at the palace, there were carriages lined up passed the gates. So many in fact that I had thought for sure that we had arrived much later than we should have, which would only be the story of my life. We walked in, the announcer telling everyone we had arrived by saying our names and I have to admit...it was pretty terrifying having everyone gawking like that. We found a table and I searched the room for Merlin, practically jumping as I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.

“I see you and Malle liked your presents.” Merlin’s voice piped up next to my ear and I turned to look at him in complete shock.

“Merlin! I didn’t realize you were a tailor.” I stated and he looked a little offended for a second before he sat down next to me. He had traded his normal garb for dark blue pants and jacket and a frilly white shirt underneath. It was weird, but the frills actually suited him quite nicely.

“I didn’t, but I did have them custom made for you both, there was a woman in town who put them together so wonderfully.” he states, noticing me staring at his attire. “I know, I look like a total flop, don’t I?”

“Actually, it looks quite nice on you…” I spoke up and felt my cheeks begin to heat up, which got his grin charged up.

“Well, you look quite nice as well.” he states, watching me fidget under his gaze. It was like he had put me under some sort of spell and I just couldn’t seem to shake it. “So, do you want anything to drink or eat? I actually get to enjoy myself for once and that is one of the main reasons I am in this...Arthur believes I need to dress in something that doesn’t make me look so...homely.” he rolled his eyes.

“You don’t look homely, not at all.” I couldn’t help but laugh at him, noticing that we were the only ones at the table now. Wonder where they all had gone off to, leaving me alone with him. “Oh um… I wanted to apologize for earlier. I hope you didn’t just let me win for names sake.” I said, completely ignoring his bid for refreshments.

“Oh no, I let you win. I totally let you win.” He winked at me and I felt my heart flutter for a second. I didn’t know why I was so infatuated with this boy but there was just something about him.

“You cheater!” I gasped, faking hurt, “I want a rematch, and a real one.” I challenged him. “After practice.” I demanded.

“Oh you mean ‘after practice’ when we’re alone. You know, just you and me, not a soul to watch you fall on your rear. Alright, you have a rematch. But you asked for it, I won’t go easy on you.” he chuckled and I could feel my face heating up.

“Well that’s exactly what I don’t want. So… what do you do for fun at these sort of events?” I asked him as music started to play and smirked at me.

“Care to dance?” he asked me, standing up and holding a hand out, inviting me to the dancefloor. What? I didn’t know how to dance.

“Oh I...I couldn’t possibly. I don’t even know how.” I stated, feeling self conscious. He laughed at me and I looked up at him shocked.

“Oh Mystra, neither do I!” He stated and I cocked my head to side, unsure of what he meant by that and suddenly I was being dragged onto the floor, Merlin leading me out and then pulling me in close to him. “you see, that’s what magic is for.” he whispered to me and his eyes surged and suddenly we were glided across the floor in perfect flow and people began to stare. How was this possible? Was this a spell?

It felt like we had been dancing for hours, spinning and laughing like it was the most entertaining thing in the world. As much as I was enjoying it, I was beginning to wonder what my friends had been doing for the entire time and I began to look around, trying to pick them out of the crowd.

“Are you hungry now?” Merlin asked almost breathless from all of the dancing and I nodded, figuring that it would be better to look for my friends if I wasn’t spinning around multiple times in a row. We made our way over, finding a magnificent feast and desserts as far as the eye could see. I filled my plate, finding that Malle was dancing with Arthur, which threw me into shock, because it was one of the things I never thought would happen in public. He was the king and she was a barmaid… not that I wasn’t excited for her, she was going to have to explain how all of this had happened.

I continued to look throughout the crowd, finding that Royse was talking with Gwaine and they looked quite close, much closer than I had ever saw him. He was always too busy to pay her any mind while he was arguing with Jacosa, but this was a nice change of pace. Though there was no question about it that he had been drinking, due to the fact that he was a little more obnoxious than usual. Maybe something would come of this night and he would realize that his heart lies in Royse’s hands and not in Jacosa’s. I glanced around to find that Jacosa was actually out on the dance floor with Lancelot. That was a shocker. I didn’t really peg Jacosa as the dancing type of gal. But Lancelot seemed suave enough to sweep her off her feet. He was twirling her around and she was giggling like nuts. It was nice to see her enjoying herself.

“So what do you suppose Gwaine is up to?” Merlin asked me, leaning in to talk with me at the table after getting some food. I turned my attention back on Gwaine and it took me a minute to find him again since he was in motion, heading towards Lancelot and Jacosa.

(Jacosa)

I was enjoying myself with Sir Lancelot and he was sweeping me off of my feet on the dancefloor when someone had to ruin it all. I looked up over Lancelot’s shoulder to find Gwaine making his way towards us and he tapped him on the shoulder. My smile turned into a pout immediately. What was his problem, ruining my moment?

“Sir Lancelot, do you care if I cut in?” Gwaine said, only slurring his words a little bit. He was actually a lot less obnoxious than I had expected.

“Absolutely Sir Gwaine… Dame Jacosa.” Lancelot bowed and I curtsied to him as he made his way over to where Merlin and Mystra sat. Those two had really hit off this evening. It was cute, a little servant love story if I do say so. I turned my attention back to Gwaine. What was he up to?

“Gwaine?” I asked, giving him a questioning look. “You want to dance...and with me?”

“Well yes Jacosa, are you to deny of the pleasure?” he asked and for some odd reason I felt my cheeks heat up. I didn’t’ know if it was from embarrassment or flattery but he always seemed to push my buttons one way or another.

“I suppose I shan't.” I replied, taking his hand and he pulled me into him, his chest eye level and I stared up at him, noticing his dark emerald green eyes shielding emotions that he wasn’t willing to admit.

“So are you enjoying yourself this evening Jacosa?” He asked me, spinning me around and then dipping me slightly, my mind recalling when he dipped me at practice and then dropped me to ground for forgetting Merlin’s name when I had only just met the boy a few days previous. The thought made my blood boil.

“Well I was, until you ruined it all.” I ranted, glaring up at him. He smirked.

“That is what I do isn’t it? Ruin everything?” He asked and suddenly I felt a little bad for saying it. Something in his eyes.

“Well… not everything.” I answered and he raised an eyebrow at me. As much as I loathed him, he did look dashing in his red and gold jacket and white ruffled undershirt with black slacks. He had his hair slicked back as well and he truly did look devilishly handsome.

“Oh is that so? Because it seems that everything I do frustrates you Jacosa. Honestly its getting quite tiring...I just wanted to propose a truce is all.” he said and raised and eyebrow of my own.

“Really? A truce? Do you think we’re capable of such a thing?” I asked him, wanting to know what he actually was thinking. He was bold, I had to give him that.

“Precisely. I don’t know what’s between us Jacosa, if anything at all. But you and I...we budt heads on every pressing issue and we take our frustrations out on each other at practices and in other ways. I do wish that if you have an issue with me, past or present that you would come to me about before we kill each other. Deal?” he asked. I was shocked.

“Wow… Gwaine, you’re actually being adult about all of this. I have to say, and this is rare, I’m actually rather impressed.” I responded, my mind boggled.

“Yes well, why don’t we finish this dance and then I send you back into the arms of your beloved Lancelot hmm?” He asked and the way he said it made my heart sink. I simply nodded and tried to smile at him a little. He grinned back at me in return.

“Thank you...Gwaine.” I answered and he said nothing as he continued spinning me around and around and I found myself getting lost in him as we danced the night away, my heart half empty.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry its been a while since I've updated this one. Hope this long chapter makes up for it!

Comment/subscribe/recommend and so on!

Thanks for reading! :D You guys are awesome!

WC:6623