Storm Warning

Ten.

The next morning I got up and ready to meet The Crosby’s. Sidney had his own place now just outside the city, so he was coming to pick me up and then heading to his parents house.

“You look like fine, Aaliyah Jayden.” Brooklyn said.
“But it’s meet the parents.” I said. “Do not call me that.”
“Seriously, you look like girl next door that every parent would want too meet.” Brooklyn said.
“You look pretty.” Avery said walking into the room.
“Stop being so nervous. He met us and he still wants you to meet his family.” Blake said.

I was finally ready, Sidney was pulling into the driveway as I was walking out the door. I took a few deep breathes. I was still so very nervous.

“I’m so nervous. What if they hate me?” I asked.
“Aaliyah, don’t say that.” Sidney began. “I love you and they will too.”
“I hope so.” I said.
“Just be yourself. You will be fine.” He said.

He pulled into their drive way. I got out and he lead me inside. His sister was in another room and his parents were in the kitchen making some lunch.

“Aaliyah, it’s so great to finally meet you.” Troy said.
“You are just as beautiful as Sidney has said.” Trina said. I have them both a hug. Taylor came into the room.
“It’s nice to meet you.” Taylor said.

“It’s so great to finally meet you all as well. I have heard a lot.” I said with a smile.
“I hope all good things.” Taylor said.
“Very good things” I said.

We sat down at the kitchen table. They were so welcoming. Lunch went over better than I expected. I was so glad they liked me. I wanted to be with their son more than anything.

I was helping Trina in the kitchen after lunch, while Sidney and his Dad were off doing something. I was still nervous, but it was nice to have a little time with his mom. I knew how close they were.

“Sidney hasn’t stop talking about you.” Trina said. “You make him very happy.”
“You have raised a wonderful son.” I said. “Thank you for that.”
“As long as he is happy, and you are happy.” Trina began. “That’s all that matters.”

The whole afternoon went over really well. I was so glad. Before supper, Sidney and I headed back to his place.

“I think Brooklyn and Taylor would get along really well.” I said.
“If Taylor actually went to high school here, I could see it.” Sidney said.
“Would it be possible to get them tickets for the concert?” I asked.
“I think so.” Sidney said.
“Are you sure. I mean you don’t have too.” I began. “I don’t even know if Brooke can go.”
“I’m sure it would be no issue.” Sidney said.
“You’re the best.” I said.

We arrived back at his place. I loved it, it was just out along the water, and it was so quite. It was just us two for the night.

We just sat out on the deck, cuddled in a chair, just talking. It couldn't have been a more perfect night. I could see he actually was trying. He really did care.

“I’m so glad we got this time at home. It has been the perfect few days.” I said.
“It’s nice to be out of the city and just have our time.” Sidney said.
“No stress with the arena or school.” I said.
“One year left eh.” Sidney said.
“I can’t believe that my final year is here.” I said.
“You going to stay in Pittsburgh.” He asked.
“I want to. Put in a good word with the office.” I said.
“I think you got that covered.” He said. “You don’t need my help, you have been doing great.”
“Thank you.” I said.

Soon we headed inside and went to bed. The next day was a BBQ with both our families at Sidney’s. I wanted this to go over well more than anything. I just hope al our family and few close friends all got along. This would mean the world to me.

The next morning, Sidney and I headed into town. It was a little hectic, since everyone knows who Sidney Crosby is. This was his hometown, he wanted to make everyone happy. It was cute to see him with his fans. He really did care so much about them, since he wouldn’t be where he is today without them.

We finally got back to his place and started to get everything ready. We had almost everything ready by the time everyone started to show up.

This was the big moment. As Sidney said, I way being nervous for nothing and everything would be just fine. Which I should just listen since the night was perfect.

“You son really makes our daughter happy.” my mother Anna told Trina.
“She’s just wonderful. She knows how to put him in his place.” Troy told my parents.
“As long as they are happy, thats all that matters.” My dad, Mark said.

Sidney and I were right when we though Taylor and Brooklyn would hit it off. They did. I really hope we could get them down to Pittsburgh for the concert.

Spencer and Hannah even told me after they really did like Sidney and could see that he was doing whatever he could to make me happy. I just couldn’t stop smiling the whole night.

I was finally truly happy and Sidney was doing whatever he could, to keep that.

After spending a few weeks with our families, I was so sad to leave again. I had to get back to the office and start stuff for the Summer actives at the arena. Sidney had to get back to training. Though he hardly took that much time off for it.

We spend our last night with our families. Sidney was able to get extra tickets and he even had a surprise for Avery.

“Aaliyah and I have something for you, Brooke and Taylor.” Sidney said as I handed them envelopes. Their faces light up when they realized what they were.
“You’re joking?” Brooke said.
“Seriously.” Taylor asked.
“Yes. Sid and I are going and want you girls to come with us.” I said. They gave a huge hug. I was even more excited for the concert now.

“Your sister doesn’t even know about this one, Avery.” Sidney said handing her an envelope. I really had no idea what he was doing. Her eyes got so big when she read it.
“WE ARE GOING TO SEE ONE DIRECTION.” Avery screamed and jumped up and down.
“I guess we are.” I said.
“Thank you, thank you.” She said over and over again hugging Sidney.

“Blake, I did not forget about you. The tickets aren’t printed yet” Sidney began. “Pick a game you want to go to next season and let me know.”
“That’s awesome. Thank you.” Blake said.

I was so excited for everything. My family would be coming to Pittsburgh during the year. My family really liked Sidney. His family really liked me.

I was head over heals for this boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :)
xoxox