Storm Warning

Eleven.

Before we knew it, we were back in Pittsburgh. Sidney was back into his training for the new season. I was heading a few day camps for the arena. It was something that was fun but also kept be busy. I didn’t have much else to do since it was summer break.

I had always been in pretty okay shape. I started back at the gym since it was a good thing to help me busy. Sidney just loved the idea, thou I never trained with him, that was way too over my head.

I was walking into the gym at the arena, no one else was around, which was great since I hated working out in front of anyone. I loved how I could do what I had to do in the office and then go to the gym and not even leave the building.

“You look so hot right now.” I heard a voice say. I laughed since I knew when I would turn around, I would see Sidney.
“I’m so sweaty” I said. He wrapped his arms around me waist. “I’m gross. Don’t touch me”
“You are fine.” Sidney said. He kissed my forehead. “Are Brooke and Taylor flying in together.”
“Yes. Tomorrow afternoon.” I told him.
“We can have some fun tonight then.” He said.
“We will see.” I told him.

He left and I finished up. I headed back to my apartment to shower and get ready and then headed back to Sidney’s.
I was so excited to have my sister in town tomorrow as well as Sidney’s. I liked getting to know Taylor better and it was great that her and Brooke got along so well. This would make the concert even more fun.

I have been the happiest I have ever been. Sidney did a 180 and was the guy I wanted to be with. We hardly fought anymore, he really proved that he did care. It was hard to believe we almost lost all this just a few months ago.

Sidney had dinner ready when I arrived at his place. Taylor and Brooke both would be staying there since he had the better house and extra rooms. I stayed there most of the time anyway these days. After we were finished with supper, we got the guest rooms ready for the girls.

“I can’t wait to have some family time.” I said after we were finished and then laying on the couch.
“It will be nice to have our sisters in town.” Sidney said. “Taylor hardly ever can get down now.”
“This is Brooke’s first time. Mom didn’t want her traveling alone till at least high school.” I said.
“And then we have more family time to look forward too before the season starts.” Sidney said.
“You have no idea how excited Avery is.” I began. “It’s all she can talk about it.”
“She’s so cute.” Sidney said.

I was picking Taylor and Brooke up at the airport. Sidney had a player appearance. Taylor understood, this was something she had dealt with for so long.

I was so excited when I seen both girls walking through the airport doors. I hugged both of them.
“I am so happy you both are here.” I began. “How was the flight.”
“It was good.” Taylor said.
“I’m just happy to see you again.” Brooke said.
The girls got their luggage and we picked up some take out on the way back to Sidney’s for lunch. They got settled into their rooms. Sidney was back home before supper. Taylor was super excited to see him. It was really cute.

We just spend the evening watching a movie and relaxing. The next morning Sidney had a meeting at the arena, so I took the girls to the mall. It was nice to have a little girl time and Sidney didn’t like the mall anyway, so it was nice to get this time with Taylor as well.

“Are you excited for tonight?” I asked.
“I can’t wait.” Taylor said. “I finally get to see Florida Georgia Line.”
“I heard they are really good live. I can’t wait.” Brooke said.
“I have no idea what I am going to wear.” Taylor said.
“I’m just doing the plaid shirt and shorts with my boots.” I said.
“I think I will do the same. It’s just easier and it’s so hot out anyway.” Brooke said.
“Do you like your boots AJ.” Taylor asked.
“I just love them.” I said.
“I helped pick them out. Don’t tell Sid I told you.” Taylor said.
“You have wonderful taste. Thank you.” I said.

When we arrived back at Sidney’s, he was back from his meeting. Sidney told us to all go get ready since he was taking us out for nice supper.

I was sitting on the floor with a mirror finishing up my makeup when he walked in.
“You don’t need that. You look fine without it.” Sidney said.
“Thanks. But I’m almost done and it’s not coming off.” I told him.
“I should have sent you a text.” Sidney said. “Tomorrow should be fun.”
“You will be fine. We already got our outfits.” I told him.
“How was spending time with Taylor.” He asked.
“Great. I really hope she likes me.” I said.
“She does.” He began. “Brooke liking me?”
“You’re fine don’t worry.” I told him.

We had a nice dinner at some fancy restaurant. It was nice and quite. We took the girls a little night time site seeing, with the lights and all, it was just so pretty.

We ran into two of guys from the team, Beau Bennett and Brandon Sutter. We had a nice little chat and they joined us on a few stops. They were both in town for some team stuff as well as the concert tomorrow night.

We then headed home, which was when I got a text from Beau.

Can we take Brooke and Taylor out on the town?
Do you want to play next season?
Seriously. Let them have fun.
I will break your legs.
When did you become mean.
Do you want me to show Sidney?
Fine. See you tomorrow.


I knew they wouldn’t do anything to hurt the girls. But there was no way in hell I was letting my underage sister out in downtown Pittsburgh with two young Penguin players. I also so knew Sidney would agree with me.

We all headed inside. I headed to Sid’s room to change into comfy clothes. I heard him talking to his phone as he walked in. “I’m gonna kill Brandon.”
“Did you get a text too?” I asked.
“They must be both crazy to think I’d ever leave my sister along with one of those two.” Sidney said.
“I got one from Beau.” I told him.

We settled on the couch for another movie night. I was super excited for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for all the comments :)
glad you are enjoying this story!!