Storm Warning

Fifteen.

School started up once again, I couldn’t believe I was almost finished of my four year degree in Public Relations. It’s been four years since I moved away from little old Nova Scotia to Pittsburgh. Many things have changed and so many for the better. I was interning with an NHL team, I had an NHL boyfriend who i was now living with. I was loving my life.

“You look fine. It’s your fourth year, you don’t need to impress anyone anymore.” Sidney said as I changed my first day of school outfit for the third time.
“That means I have so many people to impress on the first day.” I told him.
“You look beautiful in anything.” Sid said.

I finally got ready, he was downstairs in the kitchen. I kissed his cheek.
“Have fun today.” I told him.
“You too. Love you.” He said.
“I love you too.” I said as I walked out the door.

I walked out to my jeep and headed off towards the University. I had no idea why I was so nervous, this was my fourth year doing this and I had already been able to do so much with my education. I also had a little bit of a sadness feeling, since was my last first day back as well. Four years of hard work and I was almost done. That part scared me because I was only an intern with the Penguins, they didn’t have to hire me at the end of the year. I really hope they do though.

Everything was starting to work out so well, I wanted to stay here. I wanted to be with Sidney. I didn’t want to give up my career before it even started either. I guess I shouldn't worry since that was still a while down the road.

I parked my jeep and I seen Sam first, and we headed towards our classrooms. We stopped to grab a drink before hand. I could hear talking behind us. Sam just rolled her eyes.

“Don’t listen to them” She told me.
“I’m trying not too.” I said. We got our drinks and walked to class.

“Sidney loves you. We all know it.” Sam said.
“I know. That stuff just sucks.” I said.

We sat down and waited for class to start. It was a pretty easy day. Most of my classes didn’t even take the entire class, it was basically a intro and what to expect for the semester. I was totally find with that. I just wanted to get home.

After the school day was done, I headed towards the arena. I wanted to check in again, and needed a paper signed for my internship. The office was happy to have me back, so maybe that was a good sign.

A few guys were there training, as camp was just about to start. I seen Sid. He knew something was wrong.

“What happened?” He asked.
“Nothing. I am fine.” I said.
“I think you are lying.” He said.
“I’m not. I’ll see you after. I’m gonna head home.” I told him.
“I’ll get it out of you when I seen you then.” He said. He kissed my forehead and I began to walk out of the arena.

“Aaliyah Jane.” I heard my name being called in a french accent, I didn’t have to turn around to know who it was since there is only one of my good friends who actually uses my real name. I turned around to see Kris standing there.
“Hey Kris. How are you.” I asked.
“What’s wrong? and Don’t lie.” He asked.
“Right to the point.” I said.
“You know I can always tell, and you lied to Sid.” He said.
“I overheard a few girls talking about how Sid is settling for someone plain as me and I was using him for his fame to get a job in the NHL.” I said. It felt a little better to get it out.
“You know that is all lies.” Kris said. “You’re the one that is too good for him.”
“It just sucks to hear it. I know I will have to hear it forever” I said.
“We love you, Sidney loves you. You are an amazing person and friend.” He said.
“Thanks Kris.” I said. I gave him a hug and we headed out separate ways.

I headed back home, I called my mom and Spencer & Hannah to give them the first day back update. Then I just changed into comfy clothes and put on a movie since I didn’t have any homework or actual work to do for the night.

I didn’t heard Sidney when he got home, he walked into the house and came into the living room.
“You are watching Furious 7, which means you want to cry.” Sid began. “Are you going to tell me what’s wrong?” He knew me way too well. I paused the movie.
“I overheard a few girls talking about me today.” I started to say, but Sid cut me off.

“Whatever they said are lies.” Sidney said.
“They said I wasn’t good enough for you, you were settling for someone like me.” I began “I’m just using you for a NHL job.”
“Well you had an NHL internship before we even started hanging out.” Sidney began. “and I think I would know that I am not settling. I don’t even know how I landed you, you have been nothing but amazing. You dealt with so much and you are still here.”
“I love you.” I said.
“I love you, Aaliyah Jane. Never forget that.” He said.

He kissed me and than headed upstairs to shower. I heard the shower turn on, and I headed upstairs. We needed a little adult fun. We both needed an evening like that, just us time. Since soon, we were both going to be way too busy for the little things.

After we were all done with our fun, I was changed into one of his shirts and a pair of under armour shorts.

“You look so good in my clothes.” Sid said.
“Oh I know.” I said. I kissed him again. I was walking down the stairs when I heard a knock on the door. We weren't expecting anyone.

I walked over and opened it. It was Beau Bennett, it was a little random but I realized I hadn’t checked my phone in a few hours. I opened the door and let him in.

“Whats up Beau” I asked.
“Your family has been trying to get a hold of you. I was over at Sutter’s so I just came over to see if you were home.” He said.
“My phones on the charger. What’s going on?” I asked. Now I was super worried.
“Something happened with Avery. I don’t know all the details, Brooke just asked if I would get a hold of you, since she didn’t know how else too.” He replied.

I found my phone, I had so many missed called and a bunch of texts. I just called my sister right away. I was on the phone for a few minutes, before I started crying. Sidney was downstairs at this point, Beau was explaining what all he could so Sidney would know. I hung up the phone. I was still crying so Sidney wrapped his arms around me. I finally got the story out.

My father and Avery were hit from behind while stopped at a light, Dad was fine, just a couple a cuts and bruises. Avery’s seat let go, so she got more of the smash, they first though it was really bad but she ended up being okay. She had a concussion to go along with a broken arm and some bruises. I offered to come home, but everyone was going to be just fine and to worry about school for now.

“I’m glad everyone is okay.” Beau said.
“Thank you. That really means so much.” I said. “I was letting my morning get to me, but that doesn’t even matter compared to this.”
“What happened?” He asked.
“Girls were doing the whole she's not good enough, she's using me kinda deal” Sidney explained.
“Those are just dumb girls.” Beau said.
“So, totally subject changed. My sister has your number?” I asked with smirk.
“I’m gonna head home now.” Beau said.
“Explain.” I said.
“We just talk, its nothing. I’m not that stupid.” He said.
“Does Brandon have Taylor’s number?” Sidney asked
“This is not fair. But yes.” Beau said.

We chatted for a little while longer and then Bennett left. Sid and I crawled into bed, this is what I needed after a day like today.

Laying in bed with the man who I love more than anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :)
xoxoxoxo