Storm Warning

Sixteen.

The school year was starting out pretty good, it was keeping me busy so I didn’t get homesick. I just wanted to cuddle up with Avery and watch Disney movies with her. But my family said over and over, that she was going to be just fine. I knew she would be, but I still hated being so far away from her.

I was texting while walking into the arena to head to the office since I had internship hours. I seen Sidney was talking to someone in the hall way. It was Nathan MacKinnon, another fellow Cole Harbour local. I grew up with Nathan since him and my brother were friends. I smiled and gave him a huge hug.

“Nater. What’s up? Ready to lose tonight.” I said as he set me down.
“You are so funny, AJ.” Nate began. “I see someone brainwashed you.”
“I did no such thing.” Sid said.
“How’s Avery?” Nate asked.
“Much better. She is loving the attention.” I said.
“Glad to hear.” Nate said.

I had to go the office so I said my goodbyes and went up the stairs. I did have a bunch of things to get ready for tonight’s preseason game against the Av’s. I had to make up a little banner with Sidney and Nate for the headliner page and articles. Thankfully I found all of that so easy. I had most of my work done in no time.

I headed home to get ready for the game. I called Avery on the way, she as excited that Nate was asking about her. Other than Sid, Nate was her other favourite player.

Sid got home a little after me. I just let him be since I knew how his game day went by now. He seemed like he was is in a cranky mood but I didn’t let it get to me since he was in game mood and I was not going to bother him.

“Aaliyah, let’s go.” I heard him yelling from down the stairs. I was putting on my blazer as I walked down.
“I’m coming. Just one second.” I said.
“We will be late. You should have been ready earlier.” He said. I just rolled my eyes and put on my boots and headed to his car.

We didn’t talk the entire way there. We walked into the arena without a word. I did say goodbye when we started to go into different directions and I heard a faint reply. I had no idea what was going on.

I just went and did my job job and hope everything went over as smooth as possible. It was a pretty good back and forth game. The Penguins did win, so I would hoped that Sidney would be in a better mood after the game.

I was waiting for him in the family room after the game, he was out pretty earlier than usual. He just looked at me, and I knew it was time to go. He still didn’t say much.

“Good game.” I said.
“Could have been better.” He said.
“What’s better than a win.” I said.
“More points.” He said.
“It’s preseason.” I said.
“Doesn’t matter.” He replied.

I just got into the car without another word. We didn’t say too much else in the car.

When we got home, I went upstairs to our room and changed into comfy clothes. Sidney showered and then went into the living room.

“What is going on?” I asked walking into the living room.
“Nothing.” Sidney said. “Move out of the way of the tv.”
“You are being unreasonable cranky.” I said. “So speak up, cause I have no idea what is going.”
“Just move. Please.” He said.
“What’s wrong.” I asked.
“Aaliyah Jane, move please.” He said. I just gave up and walked out of the room.

I walked upstairs to the bedroom, I did slam the door. He hated that. I got a text.

Don’t slam the doors.
Don’t be a jerk.

Then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. He opened up the door. He pulled out his phone and showed me a photo. It was Nathan and I hugging. This was what he was mad over?

“Why are you showing me this? You were standing right there.” I asked.
“Some though it looked like you were cheating.” He said.
“Give me a break please. You know that I am friends with him.” I began. “I wouldn’t have fought as hard as I did to be here with you, just to mess it up by cheating.”
“People bring it up, and it bothers me.” Sidney said.
“Please tell me you are joking.” I asked. “You know that I would never cheat on you.”
“Why do things that make it look like it to other people.” He said.
“I’ve known Nathan forever. I am going to hug him when I see him. I will hug my friends.” I said. “You are the one who tells me not to listen to other people all the time.”
“This is different.” He said.

At this point I was crying, I couldn’t hold back the tears.

I walked over to my closet and grab a couple things and placed them in a bag.

“You’re just going to leave.” He asked.
“I can’t deal with this right now.” I said.
“Where are you going.” He asked.
“Sam and Britt’s.” I said.

I walked down the stairs, I was putting on my shoes. I was just about to open the door when I heard Sidney calling.

“Aaliyah, don’t go.” He said. “I’m sorry.”
“There’s a good start.” I said turning around.
“I’m stressed about the season and I don’t know why I let that get to me.” Sidney said.
“I get your stressed. I’ve been around for a while now.” I began. “But thinking I would even consider cheating, hurts so much more.”
“I’m an idiot. I really am sorry.” He said.
“Please don’t ever confront me of cheating again.” I said.
“I won’t. We both have tomorrow off. I will make it up to you.” Sidney said.
“I have a 9-11 class tomorrow. You have all morning to plan.” I said.

He kissed my cheek and I headed upstairs. I unpacked my bag and crawled into bed. Sidney cuddled in beside me. He wrapped his arms around me.

“I really am sorry. I love you.” He said.
“I love you too bonehead.” I said kissing his cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :)