Storm Warning

Seventeen.

I got up the next morning, Sidney wasn’t home. I got ready for my class and then headed out. I did get a “Have a good day” text before my class started. I was still a little upset with him, but I knew it wasn’t worth the drama. I just went on with my morning as normal.

I met up wit Brittany and Sam after class, we had a late breakfast before I headed back home. Sidney had an off day, so I knew he got up before me to go to the gym.

I seen he was back when I pulled into the drive way. I parked my jeep and grab my bag, then headed inside. I yelled “I’m home.” But I didn’t see Sidney or hear him at all.

I walked into the kitchen and there was a vase with roses in it, I smiled. There was a card and a small package beside it. It said to open that first, I opened up the package to find a Carrie Underwood cd. I was happy, she was my favorite artist. There was a little note, “This is to go with surprise number two.” I really was not cluing in to what he meant.

I opened the card, he wrote that he was sorry and he hoped that this would make me happy. I still had no idea what the surprise was.

Sidney then walked into the room. I smiled at him.

“Here is the second surprise.” He said while handing me two handmade Carrie Underwood tickets for her upcoming tour. I smiled and hugged him.
“Thank you. I love this.” I said.
“It’s not the official tickets, they aren’t on sale yet. But they are coming.” He said.
“Seriously, this is amazing. Thank you.” I told him again.
“I knew you would like it. I just wanted to make it up to you.” He said.
“I love you.” I told him. He wrapped his arms around my waist.
“I love you too.” He said.

We spend the night cuddle up on the couch, watching a movie. I knew we would still have our moments, our fights, its what happens to normal couples. I just hope the cheating fight never comes up again, that is something I couldn’t do to him and I really hope he wouldn’t do the same.

The next morning, we woke up. I had to get ready for another morning class and then internship. Sidney had a morning skate before leaving for a thee day road trip. I hated those but I was also use to it by now. It was my life with him and I wouldn’t change it.

My class wasn’t too long, it was mostly to go over our next exam. I then headed to the arena, I made it there, just in time to say goodbye to the guys. I would miss him, but I did need to study so I didn't mind being alone this time alone.

Cate was also at the arena saying good to Kris with Alex. I had been busy with school, so I hadn't seen them as much as I wanted too.

“Jay.” I heard Alex say. I bent down to his level and he gave me a huge hug. “Miss you.”
“I miss you too. I will come visit soon I promise.” I told him.
“My birthday soon.” He said.
“I know. I can’t wait to celebrate.” I told him.

I talked to Cate for a bit and then I finished up my office work and then I headed home to an empty house. The living room turned into a study room. I had my books and notes all over the coffee table.

Sidney called when he got to his hotel room. He was asking how studying was going, he tried to help. That was a huge fail. We didn’t get a long talk in since he had to go off to the team supper.

Sam and Britt came over since we were all in this same class, we were able to help each other study. After what seem like hours, but in reality was just one. I was getting bored with studying.

“I’m hungry’ I said.
“You always are.” Sam said.
“Food break?” I asked.
“We should do a little more and then a food break?” Brittany said.
“Always the reasonably one.” I said.

A little more time went by and I could hear my stomach growling. I was so ready for a food break now. Even after four years of university, I still hated studying.

“I need food.” I said. The girls agreed.
“Should we go out or pick up or what?” Brittany asked.
“I say we order in. Unless you girls want to get ready?” I said.
“If we go out, then this study break will be over.” Britt said. We all laughed, since we knew it was true. We decided for take out, Sam had to go back to her place so she would pick it up on the way back. I still hated giving out Sidney’s address, well our address, so I tried to avoid that as much as possible.

Sam was back with the food, we totally pigged out then complained that we ate too much. We joked about taking a nap.

“I can’t wait for this midterm to be over.” Sam said.
“I know, but as soon as its over. There will be another one.” I said.
“Way to be positive” Britt said. We laughed.
“We are almost done. That’s positive.” I said.

“Any idea what you are going to do after?” Sam asked.
“Hopefully turn this internship into a real job.” I said. “I got an offer from the Halifax Moosehead's, but as much as I miss home and my family. I want to be here.”
“Have you told Sidney?” Britt asked.
“Not yet, I got the call after he left today.” I told them.
“Good luck with that conversation.” Sam said.
“It’s going to suck. I mean, if I can’t turn this internship into a job.” I began. “Getting a job with a major junior team right out of school is pretty amazing. I don’t think I could turn it down.”
“You worked so hard for your career. You are too smart to just give it all up.” Britt said.
“I know. The timing sucks, but I’m going to need a job come April.” I said.

We finished up with the food and cleaned that mess up. We started out study session once again. The girls just spend the night, since I had lots of room and we had the class at the same time in the morning. It was just easier. It was also nice to have some girl time.

I tried to get sleep, but of course my mind was running. I was scared to tell Sidney. I knew he would be proud of me, he has seen all my hard work.

I didn’t want to leave him, or my friends. I really loved my life in Pittsburgh.

Thankfully my mind didn’t run too much the next morning while taking the midterm. I though, well I hoped I did pretty well.

After I was done with my morning at the school, I headed to the office at the arena. There was a viewing party for the game tonight, I was helping along with a few of the wives and girlfriends. I really liked working with them, they were always so nice.

Cate was one of them coming tonight, which I was happy about. She understood this lifestyle more than any of my other friends who didn’t or currently were not dating a hockey player. I knew I could really count on her for this huge career change if it happened.

I had to stop stressing over it, I still a while to think it over. Even though more bad was being though of then good. I really have to change that as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you a ton for the support.
sorry it's been a while. i had gotten writers block and then a surgery! hopefully the writer's block will just stay away now!!
xoxo