Storm Warning

Eighteen.

I though I did pretty well on my midterm, I felt good when I passed it in. I quickly grab food for the road and then headed to the arena.

I finished all my office work, so I started getting a few things ready for tonight's event. A few of the girlfriends and wives came in to help out. We decided when to go there and set up and who was doing and taking what there. I loved doing events with them, they had been so welcoming when I was just an intern and even more welcoming now that I officially was one of them.

I was excited to see Cate walk through the doors. I knew she would be able to help with this the job offer or just how not to freak out so much about it.

“Cate, just the girl I need.” I said when it was just the two of us.
“What’s up Aj?” She asked.
“I got a phone call last night and have been freaking out since.” I told her.
“Have you told Sidney?” She asked.
“Not yet.” I said.
“Explain.” She said.

I told her all the details of the job and offer from Halifax. We talked for a bit and she did help. I stopped stressing out so much.

“Halifax is both yours and his home.” Cate began. “Both of your families are there, sure the distance would suck but you guys could do it.”
“I know and it is an amazing offer.” I began. “I’m just scared to tell him.”
“Well don’t. You know he is going to support you no matter what.” She said.
“I know. I hope it just works out here.” I said.
“I hope so too. I would miss you and so would Alex.” She said.

We finished up our conversation and then we both headed out of the arena. I headed home to get ready for tonight’s event.

I was feeling better, I knew no matter what Sidney was going to support me in my career. He has seen how hard I have been working these past few years. Halifax was our home, I would have both of our families for support. I just hated the though to leaving him and not knowing when we would see each other. I knew we would have the summer together but that wasn’t enough.

I needed to just stop thinking and worrying about it until tomorrow when I finally just told Sidney and we had a real conversation about it.

The viewing party went over very well, the fans were great. It was a fun night with the girls, along with a Penguins win. I finished cleaning up, I decided just to take the stuff I had back to the arena tomorrow before I headed to class. I quickly text Sidney good job.

I headed home, I was tried. I couldn’t wait to crawl into bed. It was still weird getting use to having someone there half the time. I always slept so much better with Sidney beside me. I would be happy to have him home tomorrow. I would be relived to just have this conversation with him and have it finally over and not eating away at my brain.

I woke up the next morning, with a sleeping and snoring Sidney beside me. I smiled. I got out of the bed and started getting ready for my day, trying my best not to wake him up. I knew he would have gotten home just a few hours ago.

I was able to get ready and out of the house without waking him. I headed to the arena first and dropped off the stuff from last night and then headed to my classes for the day. Today was a classroom day, so I had three classes. Two back to break and then an hour and half break.

I wanted Sidney to rest up and get sleep, so I just got food at the cafeteria and met up with Sam and Britt. They had classes today as well, we had the same schedule but three different classes. I didn't want to leave these amazing girls behind either. I didn’t want to leave Pittsburgh.

They knew I hadn't talked to Sidney about the Halifax job yet, so they didn’t bring it up. Which I was happy about, I needed to stop stressing over it.

I was more than happy when my day was over and I could just head home. Sidney wouldn’t have practice or anything, so we would have a night to ourselves.

I was texting him briefly through out the day. I picked up his favorite take out and headed home. I was excited to see him.

I walked in the door, and I could hear him in the house. He was in the home gym. I should have known. I yelled out that I was home and I heard him coming up the stairs to the kitchen.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me close. I have him a kiss and then jokingly pushed him and told him he needed to show. He laughed.

“I’ll get supper ready while you shower.” I said.
“Sounds good. I missed you.” He said. I kissed his cheek as he walked away.

I had everything ready by the time he was out, which wasn’t very long. Guys had it so much easier when it come down to showering.

“How was the fan event last night?” He asked as he sat down.
“It went over really well. Especially since you guys won.” I said taking a seat beside him.
“That’s good. Many of the other ladies there?” he asked.
“About 5 of them. Cate was there.” I began. “Also, Alex’s birthday is coming up and we are invited to his party, well I am.”
“Would about me” He said with a laugh.
“Sorry, I’m his favorite.” I said with a smile.

We finished eating. Sidney helped with the cleaning up. We didn’t have much to do. We finally could be lazy. I decided to shower and put on comfy clothes.

Sidney was in the living room when I came back down. I knew it was now or never. It was finally time to bring up Halifax. I was so nervous. I’m sure he could tell when I sat down.

“We need to talk.” I said. I sat up straight. I wanted to puke.
“What’s wrong?” He asked. He could tell I was nervous and scared.
“I got a call after you left the other day, with a job offer.” I said.
“Isn’t that a good thing?” He asked.
“It is.” I began. “The job offer came from the Halifax Mooseheads.”

There the news was out. He knew. I could stop stressing, even though I wouldn’t.

“I’m proud of you.” He said. “When do you have to give them an answer?”
“End of the term.” I told him.
“What do you want to do?” He asked.
“I want this internship to turn into a job.” I began. “I don’t want to leave Pittsburgh just yet.”
“Well we still have time right?” He began. “Let’s not stress out now.”
“I have been stressed out since I got the call” I told him.
“Well don’t. You still don’t know what the team will say.” He began. “But even a Major Junior job right out of university is still amazing. It would suck to be apart but you have worked so hard on your career, I couldn’t ask you to give that up.”

He was the perfect man for me, I couldn’t believe how lucky I was to have him. I loved this man.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :)
xoxoxo