Storm Warning

Two.

“Aaliyah, are you sure this is a good idea?” Brittany asked.
“Does anyone know?” Sam asked.
“He’s different now, we are just friends.” I began. “I don’t think anyone knows. I think it would be best for them not to find out, right away.”
“Do you really? or does Sid?” asked Britt.
“We both do.” I told them. “I know you are looking out for me, but I will be okay.”

I got ready for work and then headed off to the arena. I did get to the arena hours before puck drop, but I was always in the office getting ready, making sure things were all set to go. I never was around the guys, which was fine. I didn’t want to be a distraction. Sometimes, I would see a few after the game, if I needed something for social media.

I didn’t really get a chance to see Sidney after the game, which was normal. I didn’t really think anything of it. I was heading out to my jeep, and went home like normal.

The next day was a full class day, three classes. It would be tiring by that was my life. I got up in the morning and got ready for the day. Jeans and a long sleeve tshirt and I was good to go. I grabbed my books and headed to the campus. During my break I noticed I had a missed text from Sidney.

Let’s hang out this week.
Sure. I don’t have anything tomorrow night.
I’ll come over after practice?
See you then.


My day finished and I headed home, I lived in a on bedroom apartment but two of my best friends live in the same building together. When I got home, I started making supper and those two came over and we all ate together, this was something we tried to do most nights of the week when we were not busy.

“Sid’s coming over again?” asked Brittany
“He wants to hang out.” I said.
“Behave.” said Sam.
“It will be fine.” I told them.

The next day I got up and went for my workout and then headed home to shower and then head to campus. I had a group meeting for a final project at the end of the semester. As I walked to my jeep I checked my phone. Sidney sent a text.

Remember the very first night we hung out?
It’s a bit blurry.
We should do it again. Maybe skip the drunk part.
Maybe.


This was new for him to talk like this. I though he was joking, so I didn’t really take him seriously. I got home and did a little school work before getting ready. Thou getting ready was just showering and putting on comfy clothes. I didn’t mention this to the girls, even though I should have.

There was a knock on my door, I knew it was Sid. I let him in and we sat down on my couch. I put on a movie and we just cuddled and watched most of it. He was a little more touchy this time. This was Sidney Crosby after all, I couldn’t be upset to be on a couch with him. He was a beautiful man. I just reminded myself, that nothing else could happen. I knew he wasn’t that interested in me anyway. We were just friends.

The movie ended and we just laid there for a little longer. It was nice. He was just a guy and I was just a girl. Nothing else really mattered.
He slowly started getting up. He hugged me and then we walked to the door.

“Till next time.” He said.
“I’ll think about it.” I said.
Then the unexpected happened, he bent down and kissed me.
“No thinking about it.” He said, as we parted.

He left and I started to get ready for bed. I was still a little shocked. I texted the girls and told them, and within minutes there was knocks on my door. I had to laugh.

“He kissed you and left?” Sam asked?
“Yeah. I mean we cuddled on the couch watching a movie.” I said.
“What did you say.” Brittany asked.
“Just bye. It was kind of shocked.” I said.
“You can’t do anything else.” Sam said.
“Your intern is more important.” Brittany said.
“I know. I know.” I told them.

I went to bed, still confused. I was texting Sidney till I fell asleep, he didn’t say anything about the kiss. Maybe it was just a in the moment thing and nothing else would come of it.

I got up the next day and got ready. It was internship day, and the guys were leaving for a road trip. I barely seen them when I would be in the office doing work unless it was an event or what not. Not hearing from Sidney wasn’t anything new. I got used to hardly talking to him on game days or road trips. Which I was totally fine with. So I was a little surprised to see a text from him.

Have a good day at the office.
Thanks. Good luck this road trip.


Nothing more, nothing less. I didn’t look at my phone a lot during the day. When I got home, I just relaxed. Both girls were working, so I didn’t get to tell them about the text. Thou more come through the night.

Hotels get so boring.
You’ll be fine there Sid.
So mean AJ.
Oh, shucks. I hurt the kids feeling.
Wow.
I am just kidding.
I know. I miss you.
Miss you too Sid.
I’ll see you when I get back?
Sure.


I didn’t bother to reply anymore. I needed to sleep. The next day I had completely off, so I cleaned up my place, did laundry and ran errands, all the fun grown up stuff.

A few days later, the boys were back. I was talking to Sidney more and more. It was just simply.
I was getting home from class, when I got a text from Sid asking to come over. I let him. Bad idea.

He came over, and we watched a movie and cuddled again. He hands started moving, I should have stopped him but he made me feel like I was special. I was starting to love being around him. He just had that charm.

One thing lead to another, and soon clothes were off and it happened again.

He was super sweet after we finished hooking up. He got dressed and soon left. He let me know he was home, like he always did. I was just laying in bed, going over tonight's event, over and over again.

I’m home.
Okay, good.
Tonight was fun.
It wasn’t bad.
Maybe do it again.
Maybe.
Night AJ.
Night Sid.


Not even realizing, I would have to be at the rink with him for a home game. No one had to know, we could act fine around each other if we seen each other. Everything would be fine and normal. Yup, I was wrong again.

The Penguins won, so I figured Sid would be in a good mood. I waited till I knew he was home, and I was just laying in bed, so I sent him a text.

Good game.
Thanks.


That was all. It was short, and nothing like his usually messages. He wouldn’t talk to me all day, which I knew was normal. He was like that on game days. The next few days were the same, it was like talking to a wall. But when I brought it up, I was told not to worry, everything was fine between us. So I listened and just went on with my daily life.

Boy, were things about to change.