Storm Warning

Five.

“What’s the deal with you and Sidney.” Beau Bennett
“Nothing.” I said.
“You guys hardly said two words to each other tonight.” He said.
“There is five of you guys here. I was busy.” I said. Playing it off as best as I could.
“Aren’t you guys like super close?” He asked.
“I’m close with a lot of you guys.” I said.
“There is something you are not telling me.” He said.
“Keep thinking that there Bennett.” I said with a laugh.

I was the last one to leave the event. I started walking out to my jeep when I heard a voice behind me. I slowly turned around since I knew who it was.

“Do you need help.” Sidney asked.
“I need that box taken to my jeep. Please and thanks.” I said.
“Today went over well.” He said, as we were walking to the parking lot.
“It was. Great to see before playoffs get here.” I said.
“That’s true.” He said.

Then there was a silent walk to my jeep. I didn’t know what to say to him and I was in no mood for a fight. There also was no way I would be saying sorry. I had every right to be pissed at him.

“Is this how it’s going to be for the rest of the season?” He asked as he finished placing the box in the back seat.
“I really don’t know what to say to you.” I said.
“I’m sorry.” He began. “I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that. That wasn’t fair.”
“I miss you.” I said.
“I miss you too. It’s been a little weird.” He said. I smiled.
“I can’t go back to all that thou. I don’t want to get hurt anymore.” I began. “I don’t want to fight anymore.”
“I get it.” He said. “I’m not ready to settle down.”
“I’m not asking for that.” I said. “I just don’t want to be used.”
“Let’s just go back to hanging out as friends.” He asked
“I’d like that.” I said with a smile.

We said our goodbyes and I got into my jeep and drove off towards my place. I was glad that we were able to talk and agree on things. I did miss him and it was nice to know that he did miss me. But it also made me question if he was being real or just trying to be nice so I would sleep with him again.

The next day I told the girls everything during our lunch date.

“Don’t think negatively on the situation.” Brittany said.
“He sounds like he really did mean his sorry.” Sam said.
“I don’t want to get hurt again.” I began. “Why should he get what he wants in sex, when I get nothing.”
“Tell me if he tries again.” Brittany said.
“Or don’t hang out with him anymore.” Sam began. “You should be with someone who actually wants to be with you and not just for the sex part.”
“I know. I just can’t help how I feel about him.” I said.
“We get it. That part sucks.” Brittany said.

I was finished my third year in April, just as playoffs were about to begin. I was staying in Pittsburgh for the summer, so I was still interning with the the team and also volunteering whenever I could to keep myself busy.

Playoffs were always a crazy time, every knew that. Sidney and I started talking again, just like at the beginning at the season. We didn’t hang out alone, usually with friends.

I finally have in and told Kris everything that happened between Sidney and I. He was a little upset I never went to him before. He was like my big brother and my best friend.

I guess he gave Sid a little talking too and it actually helped. Sidney started being that guy I basically fell in love with.

I was in love with Sidney Crosby and there was no denying it. I wouldn’t dare tell anyone but myself.

It was a couple days before the playoffs began and the team had a night off just to relax before everything got crazy, so I offered to babysit so Kris and Catherine could have a date night. Catherine was glad to have a night out and she didn’t like leaving Alexander with just anyone. In that sense I felt special that she would leave him with me.

Before they left Kris told me Sidney was coming to help. I wanted to mad at him, but I knew this was his way of trying to help.

After Kris and Catherine left, 15 minutes later, Sidney showed up. I let him in, and we went to Alex’s playroom and just focused on him.

Sid and Alex played Mini sticks and it was actually the cutest thing. It was fun playing “house” with Sidney. We got Alex ready for bed, read to him and soon enough Alex was sound asleep.

Leaving Sidney and I alone, this was the first time we were actually along since we started getting along again. It wasn’t too awkward thankfully. We sat in the living room, each taking one side of the couch.

“Where are things with us.” Sidney asked.
“That is up to you. It’s whatever you want.” I told him.
“What do you want.” He asked.

I guess this was now or never. I had to be totally honest with him at this point.

“I want to be with the guy who is my best friend and truly cares about me.” I began. “I want that to be you, but I can’t make you want to settle down. You have to want to do it. But I can’t wait around forever.”
“After everything, you still want to be with me?” he asked.
“Yes, I gave you did everything you wanted, so you would be happy and stick around. But I can’t keep doing that. I need to be happy.” I said.
“I want you to be happy and I want you to be happy with me.” He said. I smiled.
“Seriously?” I asked.
“Yes, I am serious AJ.” He said.

Was I finally getting my happy ending?
Was it finally time I got the guy I always wanted?
I seriously hoped this was all worth everything we went through, to get to this point.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy
xoxx
<3