Storm Warning

Six.

Playoffs began just as Sidney and I official began. We still kept it on the download because I wanted him to be focusing on the team.

The Columbus Blue Jackets were the first round team against the Penguins. They won it the series in 6 games.

Sidney and I decided to go out with the team after the win, for a much needed night out. The team had a pretty good idea what as going on. This was the first time out with them as serious.

“Thanks for babysitting Alex. He just loved it.” Catherine said to me.
“You are so welcome. Anytime, he’s just so sweet.” I told her.
“How’s everything with Sid?” She asked
“Better.” I said with a smile.
“I knew my plan would work.” Kris said as stood beside us. We just laughed.
“Let’s just wait a while there Tanger.” I said.

The night seemed to go over well, I had fun. I though Sidney was too. He was acting a little weird. I decide to bring it up when we got back to his place.

“Did you have fun.” I asked.
“Yeah.” He said as he walked into the house.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“Tonight was just weird.” He said.
“Can you please tell me what is wrong.” I asked.
“You were still flirty with my teams while letting it out that we were thinking of becoming more serious.” He said.
“Seriously? How was I being flirty? I didn’t do anything all night” I said. I was starting to get upset.

It seem liked everything was going back to the way it was after we had sex. I was not having it. I wanted my perfect little life with him, but not if this was how I would be treated.

“You and Beau were pretty close. You agreed when Kris said his plan worked to get us together.” Sidney said.
“It was a joke. Do you think you are going to control my every move.” I asked.
“I didn’t say that.” Sidney said.
“I can’t believe you right now.” I said. I grabbed my stuff and headed to the door.

“AJ, where are you going?” He asked
“Home.” I said.
“Why?” He asked.
“You are being dumb. I’m not letting you act like this and get what you want.” I said.
“Stop being so needy then.” He said.

I slammed the door and walked out to my jeep. I noticed I had a text from Kris. Apparently Sidney said something tonight to someone and it got back to Kris.

You okay?
Why would I be?
Heard Sid was pissed.
Apparently I was being flirty with Bennett.
You can come here if you don’t want to go home.
See you soon.


I decided to go to Kris and Catherine’s. I didn't want to be along and at least I could talk to them about what was going on.

I walked into Kris’s there was a few other players there since they had a little after party but Sid and I decided to just head home.

Catherine walked over and hugged me.
“You’ll be okay. Boys are dumb.” She said.
“I’ve given him everything he asked for and this is how I grew treated. I can’t do it.” I said.
“You shouldn’t have to. You will find the perfect guy for you.” She said.
“I want it to be him.” I said.
“If it’s meant to be it will be. “ She said with a smile.

I grabbed something to drink and tried to be happy. It still sucked fighting with Sidney once again. Beau Bennett walked over to me.

“I’m sorry AJ. I didn’t think talking to me would get your in trouble.” He said.
“It’s not your fault. We were talking and that isn’t wrong.” I told him.

Of course while we were talking, Sidney happened to walk into the house and see us. Since he though it would be a good idea to finish talking.

“And you wonder why I get mad.” Sidney said before leaving again.

“I’m sorry Beau. This isn’t your fault.” I said and then started to go after Sidney.

I finally caught up to him before he got into his car.
“Can you stop for a second and listen.” I yelled.
“We fight over a teammate and I come to fix it and I see you with him. How is that not going to piss me off.” He said.
“You are overreacting so much right now.” I began. “If you would stop for a second, you would see how ridiculous this all is.”
“Oh, is that right.” He said.
“Seriously Stop.” I started again. “I can’t keep doing this. I am allowed to have friends and talking to them, doesn’t mean I am flirting with them.”
“This might have been a bad idea.” He said.
“What is a bad idea.” I asked.
“Us” He said.
“Call me when you grow up.” I yelled and walked away.

I walked back into the house, trying so hard not to start crying. As soon as Catherine seen me, she knew something was wrong and quickly dragged me into another room where it was just her and I. When she hugged me, tears just started. I couldn’t help it.

I wanted it to be great with Sidney, I wanted us to go home to Cole Harbour together this summer. I wanted to cheer him on during the playoffs. I wanted too see how we would be together.

Before we even really started, it was all over. At this point my happy ending with him was over.

I wanted so badly to text him and fix it. I couldn’t give in. He had to want this too, he has to be the one to fix it.

I knew what I wanted and now I had to wait to see what he wanted.

I hated this. I just wanted to be happy and be happy with Sidney.
♠ ♠ ♠
xoxox
enjoy