Storm Warning

Eight.

I pushed Sidney back.

“Isn’t this what you wanted?” he asked.
“You can’t just kiss me and think everything is going to be perfect.” I said.
“I’m trying.” he said.
“After everything you just said, this is going to take some work.” I began. “You can just quit when you’re mad and then do this.”
“I’ll prove it to you.” Sidney said.
“Please do. I want to be with you. But you need to want to be with me.” I said.

We still had a long ways to go. I wasn’t putting up with anything and if I had to, I would walk away. This time it was all in his corner and his time to prove himself. I needed a real and stable boyfriend, not someone who plays games.

He didn’t stay the night. I started to get organized for home. I still had yet to ask him when he was heading back to Cole Harbour. I needed the break from school and internship. I did not want drama with Sidney.

I met up with the girls for a breakfast date, they had to be updated on life with Sidney or without. Who knew what was going to happen. It was always fun to have girl time with my non hockey friends. A nice break from everything.

“So what is going on?” Brittany asked?
“I have no idea. He said he will prove he wants to be with me.” I told them.
“Are you going to Cole Harbour together?” Sam asked.
“I still have no idea. I guess that is a subject for tonight.” I said.
“Well this has to be the last time he does this.” Brittany said.
“He can’t keep walking in and out.” Sam added in.
“I know. I’ve said that.” I said.

A break that didn’t last all day since that afternoon, Sidney was wanting to come over when I got home. He had a surprise for me. I had no idea what it could possibly be & my birthday wasn’t close.

As I was walking into my door, Sidney was pulling in. He followed me into the door.

“How was breakfast?” he asked.
“Fine.” I told him.
“What did you girls talk about?” He asked. I have him a funny look. He never asked questions like this.
“That you’re an ass.” I said with a smirk.
“You’re funny.” He said.
“What did you need to talk to me about?” I asked.
“Someone is getting right to the point.” He said.
“You said it was important.” I said.

He handed me a box. I was confused, but opened it and smiled like crazy.
“Are you serious?” I asked. I pulled out a pair of new cowboy boots.
“I though they would go with these.” Sidney said. Then handed me two tickets for the Jason Aldean & Florida Georgia Line concert in July for the Pittsburgh date.
“Are you joking?” I asked. I had been trying to get tickets for this concert for so long.
“A step in proving myself and so you know that I have actually listened to you.” He said.

I jumped up and have him a huge hug and a kiss.
“Thank you. This really does mean a lot.” I told him. “I’m very happy you remembered.”

We went into my living and sat on the couch. Sidney put in a movie and I decided it was a good time to bring up Cole Harbour.

“When are you heading home?” I asked.
“I’m not sure yet.” He said. “You are going this weekend correct?”
“I am.” I said.
“It will be nice for you to see everyone.” He said.
“It will be. Will I see you around there?” I asked.
“Possibly.” He said.

He was being short and weird about the subject, maybe something was going on I didn’t know about or he was trying to hide something. I didn’t ask too much more. I just watched whatever movie he put in.

I still wasn’t letting him spend the time. He even tried to say he would stay on the couch. I kissed him goodbye and he headed out the door. I crawled into bed and before I knew it. I had a text.

Sleep tight. Don’t let the bed bugs bite.

I smiled. At least he was trying, it seemed like he was making that effort. I wanted to be happy with him. I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I had an office meeting. I got up and got ready for the day. The meeting went well and made next season sound promising it. I wanted a future with this time after university. It would be a dream come true to work a NHL team so son after graduation.

I decided to head to the mall to pick up a few last minute items before heading home. It was a quieter afternoon, which was nice.

Soon after getting home and getting my bags finally packed, Sidney called and was coming over. He brought some take out with him, which was great since it would mean I didn't have to cook.

“I decided to go home next week.” Sidney said, out of nowhere.
“Seriously?” I asked.
“You being gone for a while, I won’t be able to prove myself much.” He said.
“We can still do our own things while we are home.” I began. “But I’m excited to be able to see you when I want.”
“And meet the families?” He asked.
“You ready for that?” I asked.
“Another thing to prove that I am here to stay.” He said.
“That makes me happy. My parents were wondering if that was going to happen.” I told him.
“I hope they will like me.” He said.
“I think you will be okay on that part.” I said.

We spend the evening over at Kris and Catherine’s, babysitting little Alex. That was always fun since he was a good baby and also a very adorable one. Sidney was so good with him, it was nice to watch.

Kris knew everything that was going on, so of course he grilled Sidney. He wanted me to happy, and wanted Sidney to treat me well. He wasn’t scared of hurting his feelings. It was nice to have that, someone looking out for me.

Once we got back to his place, he asked me to stay the night. I decided to say yes. We just cuddled and watched a movie, falling asleep on the couch. It was nice to be able to just hang out and not have any other pressures.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for comments :)
enjoy
xoxox