Status: Rewritten

Triumph

Clumsy Manner

I run along side my follow Dauntless initiates as they all cheer and create ruckus. I throw my head back with laughter, feeling as if the world has been lifted off my shoulders. My chestnut brown hair dancing around my face as I run, following the others lead. Christina rans next to me, also laughing happily.

I slow down, watching bewildered as the other initiates begin climbing the large, steel poles which hold up the elevated train tracks. They climb like monkeys without a care in the world. I look to Christina to see her mirroring my expression.

“Can’t bet them, join them,” I encourage her with a grin plastered on my lips, to which she replies with a nod.

We both head to the closet steel bearing and climb without hesitation; this is what we signed up for. As I near the top, I feel the steel starting to vibrate. We both follow suit as everyone begins to run along the track as the train approaches.

I study as the initiates chase the train and hop in through the doors, knowing that is what I must do. I increase my speed slightly so I come closer to the open door on the third to last carriage. I reach out and grab ahold of the handle next to the door before swiftly take a leap of faith. I crash on the floor of the train in a clumsy, manner however that doesn’t stop a laugh surpassing my lips.

“You alright?” a deep voice questions.

Looking up to the voice, I see Will, a follow Erudite. Smiling at him as blush sprinkles over my cheeks, I mumble embarrassed, “Yeah.”

Extending his hand, Will offers, “Here, let me help you.” I accept his hand, allowing him to pull me up. A sudden jerk in the train causes me to fall forward into Will. He chuckles and comments, “I don’t recall you being this clumsy.”

“Well umm uh,” I stumble, attempting to come back with a reply but he makes me nervous. I have always had a small crush on Will. His family lived on the floor below me, he has always been nice to me.

“Isobel,” Christina calls out, saving me from further embarrassing myself. I excuse myself from Will and attempt my best to walk standing up right on the jolting train. “Till next time,” Will calls out, making me blush more.

I slide down the wall next to Christina, she smirks at me. I mumble, “Shut up.” Changing the subject I look towards the girl next to Christina, dressed in soft greys and her chocolate brown hair tied up into bun, showing she is from Abnegation.

“I’m Isobel,” I introduce myself with a warm smile, trying to be louder than the train.

Smiling back, she replies, “Beatrice.”

Laughing loudly, Christina exclaims while leaning her head against the metal wall, “Is it just me, or are they trying to kill us?” We all laugh.

Before we know it, everyone begins to make their way to there feet as a woman dressed in black yells out, “Get ready.” Us three look at each other, before getting on our feet. Beatrice walks to the open door, I go behind her and look down. “That’s a long way down.”

We both look towards the front of the train and witness the dauntless born jump out of the train, landing on gravel on the roof on top of a large red brick building. “They are jumping,” Beatrice informs Christina whom is a few steps back.
“What?” she replies shocked and worried. I step back to see Will looking at me, he winks at me before taking his turn and jumping out of the train. “Fuck,” I mumble under my breath.

“Together?” Christina suggests, to which Beatrice and I quickly agree too.

We all take a few steps back in preparation of the jump. Beatrice counts to three and we run full speed a head, lunching ourselves towards the roof. My hands sting from the rough contact on the gravel and small pebbles covering the roof. I pick some small pebbles out of my hands as I climb to my feet. I mumble another curse word under my breath, my body aches from the rough impact.

"Did we just seriously jump out of a moving train?" Christina shouts proudly, as she laughs excitedly. Winking at her with a large grin plastered on my lips, I reply, "Think we nailed it!"

Our laughs are cut short as we hear a scream of agony. We look towards the roof's edge to see a girl screaming and crying hysterically, it dawns on me instantly; not everyone made the jump. This building is several series high, unfortunately no one could survive that fall.

Image


“Alright, listen up. I’m Eric, I’m one of your leaders. If you want to enter Dauntless, this is the way in,” he states seriously, motioning to the large gaping black hole located next to the building. It looks like it would lead to the centre of the Earth.

However, that’s not what startles me, but seeing who that voice belongs to does. My breath catches in my throat as I take in is new appearance. The tattoos, the black clothes and hair cut, not to mention how much older he looks.

The gathered group containing Dauntless born mixed with us who choose this new faction, stand in silence. His intense glare scans the group, judging us, I suspect deciding if we meet his standards.
Then his blue eyes lock on mine, he doesn't break eye contact as someone questions, "Is there water at the bottom or something?"

"Guess you'll have to find out. Or not," he answers bluntly, little emotion in his voice.

I am unable to look away from his intense glaze, so many thoughts plaguing my mind as it feels like he can see into my soul. My heart becomes tachycardic as the heat raises to my face and my palms begin to sweat profusely.

I bite down nervously on my bottom lip, as Eric dares us, dares me with his eyes, "Well someone's gotta go first, who's it gonna be?” My brain doesn’t register the words I say before they escape my lips, instead I blurt out, “I will.” My only logic, I trust him once before, I have to believe I can this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm just so in love with re-writing this.
Thank you Playboy; I appreciate your comment :-)
Nothing better than finishing work, and spending a few hours doing this. Living the dream x