Status: Taken from a writing promt.

Live Today, Die Tomorrow

Chapter 1 - Overview

'When your hour glass runs out of sand, you can't flip it over and start again - so live to be happy while you can.'

That was always my motto. From the day I was born, I have always been a hedonist. A pleasure-seeker. I believed that happiness meant feeling good. Whether that pleasure came from a man, a needle or a bottle. It didn't matter. As long as it felt good. But in the midst of my feeling so good, I came to realize something. My motto was more true than I had originally thought. When your hour glass runs out, you really can't flip it over and start anew. You're left with what choices you've made and who you've become. You're left with the rubble of the life you've chosen to lead. The once beautiful garden, turned into a desolate wasteland of deception, theft and ultimately resentment. I realized that no matter how good all these things made me feel in the moment, it put me one step behind everyone else. And I had nothing left.
So this is my story. My tragic, thrilling story that is still being written each day as I live. I may never finish this. But it is my hope that one day my life will be at the point where I can safely land this plane, and give it a happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story will contain graphic material and will not be appropriate for children. I'm not the kind of person to say only 18 and up can read this, because all this began before I was of age. But just realize that it is unsuitable for some.