‹ Prequel: Lack of Sleep
Sequel: Animals
Status: Finished! (:

Relaxed Intimacy

One of one

Steve Rogers had been away on an undercover assignment for nearly two months. It had been two months since he'd seen his girlfriend in person. Two months since he'd hugged her, or ran his hands along the soft curves of her body. He was bone tired as the SHIELD plane landed, his blue eyes red as he tried to blink the tiredness out of them.

"Go home, Rogers, we'll debrief in the morning." Fury told him, clapping his hand over the Captain's shoulder as he passed him, "and Cap?"

"Sir?" Steve tried not to sound irritated as he ran his fingers through the scruff that he'd had to let grow out as a part of his undercover persona.

"Good work," Fury murmured with a nod, removing his hand from Steve's shoulder and tucking them behind his back as he walked away, "Be here by noon and no later. One of the agents will drive you home."

"Yes sir, and thank you." Steve hiked his bag over his shoulder and followed one of the agents into the elevator and down into the underground parking garage. Climbing into one of the SUV's, he thanked the agent that was driving him, and settled into his seat once his seatbelt was buckled. Steve jolted at the sound of the agents voice, speaking carefully to tell him that they'd arrived at his home. Steve thanked the agent once more and hurried out of the vehicle and pulled his keys from his duffle.

He unlocked the door slowly, standing there for a moment before stepping into the house and inhaling deeply. He let his eyes slide shut. His duffle slid from his fingers and hit the hardwood floors with a resounding thud. He navigated his way into the kitchen and got himself a drink before he braced his hands against the countertop and rolled his shoulders.

It felt so damned good to be home

He let his eyes roam over to the staircase and he eyed it for a moment before nearly jogging over to it and taking the stairs two at a time. He came to their bedroom door and let his hand slide over the door handle. Pausing for a moment, he breathed in deeply through his nose and then turned the handle slowly, letting it swing open, the blond stopped it before it could squeak like it always did at a certain point.

He could hear her breathing, and his shoulders sagged in relief. He'd never say it out loud, but he always he a slight fear that he would return home and she would be gone. The scent that always seemed to be wrapped around her, filled his nostrils. Roasted vanilla and peony. The scent was called 'Warm and Cozy' and Steve thought that it was the perfect name.

He yawned, carelessly pulling his shirt over his head and letting it drop to the floor before shucking his pants and socks and letting them fall into the pile as well. Once he was in just his boxers, he looked towards the master bath. He knew he should shower, but the wariness in his bones and his woman in his bed made the siren's song of sleep too strong. He carefully pulled the covers back and slid into bed, his fingers itching to reach out and touch his woman. He restrained himself, not wanting to startle her.

He waited, knowing she would wake on her own. She always did.

Steve knew when she was starting to come around as she shifted towards him, like there was some sort of gravitational pull between them. Then, her hand was searching for his body in the dark, and she let out a soft sound when her hand found his torso, and the smooth, warm skin there.

"Steve?" She murmured, wondering if she was dreaming again. "S'that you?"

That was all he had to hear, and he was grabbing her up and pulling her towards him in the darkness. His fingers sifted through her hair, letting the dark strands fan out over his chest. His hands continued down to her cheeks, he let his fingers smooth over them before he traced his pointer finger over her plump lips. His left hand cupped the back of her neck, gently guiding her lips to his, and kissed her for the first time in what felt like an eternity.

He traced her curves as their lips moved together softly. He'd never forget her, but he felt like he was refreshing his memory, learning her once more. He drank in her soft sighs, and felt his body relax as she let her hands roam over his body as well. There was no rush, no urgency in their movements. Just love, and a comfortable laziness in their touches that had Steve's eyes drooping as he buried his face against her neck, bringing her down on top of him and eventually falling asleep with her fingers sifting through his hair.

He woke slowly, feeling rested for the first time in months. His eyes fluttered open, and he could hear her moving around in the bathroom, the water running for a few more moments before it shut off. He turned his head as he heard the bathroom door open, and smiled when she grinned softly at him,

"Oh, you're awake, good. Care to join me?"

Steve nodded, pushing the tangle of blankets away from his hips and legs and padded towards the bathroom. Reaching out with a lazy smile on his lips, he ran his fingertips over the red bumps left over from where he has nuzzled her neck the night before. He pushed his boxers down his hips and let them drop to the floor, kicking them away before climbing into the steaming water in the claw foot bathtub.

He reached over and took hold of her hand, gently. Pulling her over to the tub, he let his eyes roam over her form as she climbed in, turning so her back would press against his chest. He sighed happily as she nearly melted against him. He let his fingertips drift into the water and let the warm droplets roll down her tan skin, his blue eyes brightening as an idea drifted into his mind.

He cupped his hand and let water fill his palms before letting it wash over the top of her head. Repeating the process until her hair was wet, he then grabbed her favorite shampoo and let a dollop drop into his hand. He worked his fingers through her hair, smiling when she sighed as his fingers scraped gently against her scalp. Steve repeated the process with conditioner, his lips pulling up into a smile as she let out a hum of happiness.

Steve pulled himself from the bath, rather reluctantly mind you, and moved to grab his razor and shaving lather. Looking up into the mirror when her small hand wrapped around his forearm. Blue met brown and he waited for a moment, letting her gather her thoughts.

"Come back to the bath, let me?" She asked softly, lips finding his shoulder blade and back as she let him think it over. Smiling when he nodded, turning to dip down and kiss her gently, he handed her his razor and shaving lather before climbing back into the still steaming tub, scooting down so he could rest his head back, he let his eyes slip closed.

He felt the water slosh around him as she climbed in and straddled his wide body, the razor and lather clinking against the side of the tub as she settled them down. Steve breathed a sigh out through his nose as he felt the brush of his lather set run over his throat. He peeked an eye open to see her tongue poking out of her plump lips in concentration, and had to press his own lips together to stop his chuckle from slipping out.

Steve stilled his body as he felt her hand find the top of his head to steady him and herself. The razor then swiped over his skin slowly, gently, before he heard her dip it into the water to get the lather off of it. Steve enjoyed the simple intimacy of allowing her to shave his face. Knowing she loved that he held so much trust in her, and he loved having someone that he could instill that trust in. She repeated the process, slow and steady until his beard was completely gone and his face was smooth once more.

"There," She whispered softly after she'd finished cleaning the extra lather from his cheeks. Leaning forward and pressing her lips against his, "Smooth once again." She paused for a beat, her fingers running over his cheeks as she smiled, "Although, I would be lying if I told you I didn't enjoy waking up to this beard burn this morning."

Steve laughed then, loud and clear, wrapping his strong arms around her waist ams hauling her against him, his lips then finding her forehead, nose, her cheeks and finally her plump lips. He kissed her once, twice, and then again before he rested his head against her collarbone,

"I love you," He whispered against her skin, feeling her fingers dance over the skin of his back. Blue eyes slipping closed, his shoulders dropping in relaxation.

"I love you, too." She whispered back, her lips pressing against his hair as a smile tugged on her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
My apologies for mistakes! This was all done on an iPad that I've never really used before, as my laptop crashed. I just had to get this out of my brain. Hope you enjoy!