Status: Active

When It All Falls Down

Ten

Soon they were eating. Tony was practically salivating over the smell. Katie just smiled. He had gone to retrieve a bottle of Bordeaux. A red wine.

Katie watched him get animated about her cooking. "Katie this is...phenomenal! Where have you been all my life?" She shook her head. "Too much?" he asked. She nodded.

"I mean it though. It is phenomenal. I've had home cooked meals before. This takes the cake." She smiled.

Afterwards, he helped her wash dishes. She talked about some things that she experienced while overseas. He just listened. He smiled as she talked about the kids excited that she'd teach them to swim. He knew she had a big heart.

Once done with the dishes, he took her to his study. She was curious. He sat down at the desk. He turned on the monitor and modem. She watched him from beside.

He got the internet up and going. He got up and had her sit down. He stood behind her, looking over her shoulder. He kissed her cheek then typed in a website. She looked at the screen.

A second later she was scrolling through cars. "Sports car, SUV, convertible. Whatever you like, Kate." These were nice and all, but they were too flashy. She went to the search engine and typed in Chevrolet dealerships.

She found one in L.A. She looked up Corvettes. She decided to customize one. Black exterior color. Slate gray interior color.

Stingray, Z51. 2015. Once done, she sat back looking at it. Tony stared at the screen. "You didn't like any of the others?" She kept quiet.

He looked at her. She fluttered her eyelashes at him. A Cheshire Cat smile followed. He chuckled. He leaned in to kiss her.

She placed her hands along his jaw line. Her heart rate picked up. He pulled away then looked her in the eyes. "If that's what you want, I'll get it for you. Anything for my girl."

She let him go. He pulled her up out of the chair. He sat down then sat her on his lap. A moment later, he bought her the car. "It'll be delivered in two to three days.

Now what size clothes do you wear?" She raised an eyebrow at him. He gave a smirk at her. "You need clothes right? Or you could go to James."

She crossed her arms. "Sometimes an eight, sometimes a ten." He kissed her forehead. "One day, Katie. One day." He shooed her out of the study.

She stared in shock at what he said. After a bit, she turned away. She headed to the bathroom. Once done, she headed down to the shop. She punched in her code.

"Jarvis," she said looking around. "Yes Miss," he replied. "Foreigners Hot Blooded, please." The music soon filled the air. She looked around the shop.

She started pulling out materials and tools. She began tinkering. She had nothing in mind. She was stepping outside the box. She spent about an hour down there before Tony realized she was missing.

"Jarvis, where's Katie?" The AI was hesitant to answer. Finally he responded. "She's down in the shop, sir. She's...experimenting."

Tony nodded. He headed towards the elevator. But he didn't have to go down. She came up. She smiled at him.

"Hi," she said. He gave her the half smile again. "Hey." She held out her right hand. In it was a small box.

"I made it for you." She smiled meekly. "It's nothing much..." He picked it up out of her hand. He looked at it.

He pushed a button. It opened. It started playing Vivaldi's Four Seasons. There was a miniature piano and a small figurine. He looked back at her.

"I learned how to play that at age six. Every year on my birthday, I played it for my parents. I haven't played since before I went into the system." Tony pulled her into a hug. "I love it, Kate."