Status: Active

When It All Falls Down

Eleven

Evening time rolled around and Tony was in the mood for sitting in the hot tub. He had hired a personal shopper for Katie. He had the shopper get one of everything in each size. He handed over a credit card. He quickly text her Katie's shoe size, 10.

A dozen dark denim jeans, seven blouses in bright colors, two black dress pants, two navy dress pants, lingerie, a light sweater. A pair of black kitten heels, a pair of black sandals, a brown pair and black pair of boots, a pair of sneakers. And last but not least, a black halter top one piece swimsuit with white ruffles on the leg holes. The personal shopper bought accessories accordingly. She also bought two pajama sets, one night gown in maroon, and a short-tank top set in black with red roses.

After Katie presented him with the music box, she went to her room. She took a cat nap. Tony went down to the shop. He wanted to make her something. Her gift was from the heart.

He sat at the drawing board, thinking. He decided to make her a ring. He drew several designs before finally settling on one. He left the shop to go to his room. He went to his closet.

He reached up for a box. He hadn't touched it since the day it was put in his possession. He went to his bed and sat down. He took a deep breath before opening It. He stared at the contents.

It was the personal effects of his parents. His father's pocket watch. His mother's pendant necklace. Their wedding rings. There were some other knick knacks.

But he only needed his mother's ring. It had two sapphire gems and a diamond. He held it between his thumb and forefinger. He missed his mother dearly. She was his rock.

She protected him from his father's drinking problem. Well tried to. Maria gave him the love of two parents. She made sure he knew he was loved and taken cared of. She had believed in him.

"I miss you mom," he said quietly. "You'd love Kate. She reminds me of you. Strong, put together, loving, caring. A bit on the wild side but that's what makes her unique.

She got injured while serving overseas. She's a Lieutenant Commander and a Navy Seal. She's a great cook. And to be honest, I think I love her. I thought I loved Pepper but she left when I needed her most.

It got to be too much for her to handle. She's off in Europe. For a vacation. I don't know when she'll be back. But I kind of don't mind.

Kate's here with me. She even admitted that she's falling for me. So the feeling is mutual. I should also mention that she's James' niece. He's not happy about us being together.

But we are. She's staying here in a spare bedroom down the hall from me. We've shared the bed, but nothing more happened. Which is a first for me." He laughed.

He had taken the title as a playboy for years. So this was a first relationship that didn't involve sex at the first meet. Katie was worth more than that. Sure there was that natural pull towards her. He was sure she felt it too.

But they were working on the connecting side. He was putting forth an effort to establish a foundation in a relationship. He sighed as he was brought back to reality. "She made me a music box with a little girl playing a piano. It plays Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

She said she learned to play that at age six. I thought about making something in return. I came up with making a ring for her. I'm going to use these gems and diamond with it. A reminder for the future.

Plus I would love to see her wear something that had belonged to you. I'm actually excited to give it to her. I better get going. I love you mom." He closed the box then stuck it back in his closet.

He went back to his shop. He gathered his tools and set to work. It took him two hours, just about, to complete the task at hand. He made a little red velvet box. He placed the ring inside it.

He went upstairs to attempt dinner. Unfortunately all he did was burn the food. Jarvis put the fire out. Katie ran into the kitchen to see a defeated Tony. She tried to keep from laughing.