Status: Active

When It All Falls Down

Nine

James stared at her. "Actually I do. You don't answer any of my calls. Nor any of my text messages. I have no idea if you're alright."

She cut him off. "I sent you a text message saying I was alright. You've gone twenty-four hours without seeing me." "A text message is one thing. I'd rather see you in person.

Especially after I hear about the incident at LAX. They are calling it a terrorist attack. And that IRON MAN is a part of it supposedly." She rolled her eyes. "That was anything but a terrorist attack.

Not that it's any of your business." James moved towards them. "You need to come home. If you know anything about it, you need to come clean." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"You need to stand down Lieutenant." That pissed off James. "Don't you dare pull rank on me, Kathryn!" "When it comes to this, I will. What's your problem anyway?"

James looked from her to Tony and back. "You're falling for him, aren't you?" His forehead furrowed in anger. She pursed her lips as she avoided answering. Tony looks at her.

"Are you falling for me? Katie?" She looks him in the eyes. He sees that she does. James is furious. "You've only known him 24 hours!?"

She turns her back to him. She starts crying. Tony looks to his friend. "I think it's best that you leave."

James looks at her back. "Kathryn?" She doesn't respond. James sighs. "Then so be it."

Tony watched him leave. Katie's tears ran short. Tony pulled her on to his lap. She sat side saddle. She placed her hands on his face.
She examined his face. "Tony...I'm sorry He did this. He had no right." He surprised her by kissing her. She melted into the kiss.

It was a sweet one. Normally he was a sloppy kisser, but he managed to tone it down. When they came up for air, she rested her forehead against his. Her eyes were closed. "He's right you know," she whispered.

Tony was curious. "I've only known you for twenty-four hours. And yet I'm falling for you." She opened her eyes. He looked deep into them.

"Well all I can say is that the feeling is mutual," he said. "Really?" "Really." And with that he kissed her again. She smiled into the kiss.

He pulled away first. "We better get you some clothes and a set of wheels. But we also need to keep you on the down low." She gave a sheepish grin. "Well, we can cook that meal now," she suggested.

He had forgotten about that. "That sounds like a great idea. Let's see what we've got to work with." She hopped off his lap. She took the ice pack and emptied out the contents.

She grabbed a wet paper towel to wipe away the dried blood. He caught her wrist and kissed it. She blushed at that. He chuckled. "Cute."

She turned to wash her hands. He was next in line. She went to the refrigerator. She surveyed her options. Pork tenderloins, ground beef, tomatoes, potatoes, corn.

She pulled out the pork tenderloins and the vegetables. But she left the tomatoes alone. She placed those on the counter. She went back to get the tub of butter. She turned to see Tony looking in the pantry.

She slipped passed him. She grabbed the bag of corn bread mix. She went back to the refrigerator. Thankfully there was an egg. She set them on the counter.

"What can I do?" he asked. She thought a moment. "Jarvis, is there a potato peeler in this kitchen?" she asked curiously. He opened the drawer with it. She grabbed it.

"You can peel the potatoes. I'll have you help me fry the pork tenderloins." She showed him how to peel the potatoes. She left him to it. She looked for seasonings.