Status: I don't even know how to continue this, whoops

Never Saw It Coming

Chapter Two

Alex's POV


I wake up to a clutter of objects hitting the floor. It sounded like heavy bags to me. I started to open my eyes, trying to get used to the lighting in the room. After my eyes my eyes are focused, I’m taken aback as soon as I see that I’m not in my usual bed. Not even exactly sure where I am. Sitting up from the foreign bed, I look down at myself to see that I’m wearing the same clothes from yesterday; a Blink 182 hoodie, ripped black skinnies and socks. My converse must be on the ground, I ponder to myself before hearing a deep voice speak.

“Oh good, you’re awake,” the voice said, startling me in the process; triggering me to whip my head in the direction of the unknown voice.

My eyes are met with a man who looks like he’s around his mid thirties, standing next to the door. He has fairly short, dark brown hair, a beard, and his arms are covered in tattoos. He’s wearing a plain black tee shirt, black skinny jeans, and socks. My eyes are focusing to something near his feet, catching a glimpse of some travel bags that most likely belonged to me. So that’s the noise that caused me to wake up... But I don’t recall bringing any luggage with me to this mystery house.

I'm probably staring at him by the way he's staring at me like I just grew a second head.

“Oh, sorry,” I acknowledged, trying not to come off as rude. I already seemed like a creep for staring at him.

Overcome by awkwardness, I chose to take a moment and glance around the dorm. It’s an average sized room with band posters such as Green Day and The Foo Fighters, taped to the mahogany colored walls. At least this guy has a good music taste. But, I still don’t know where I am; or who he is, so I’ll have to inquire the man.

“Um, where exactly am I?” I timidly asked the stranger who’s now sitting at the edge of the bed.

“Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention.. You’re in Baltimore, Maryland and I’m your uncle, Dan Trapp,” he replied, with a friendly grin on his face. My jaw drops as soon as he’s finished talking.

I came to realization that last night was not an awful nightmare. My mom was being serious. I’m not in England anymore, and probably won’t be for a long time. I'm not gonna deny that I'm going to miss my parents, but I feel like this is a new beginning. Plus, Dan seems like a nice guy.

“Uh, well, nice to meet you, Dan. I’m Alex,” I responded awkwardly, trying to make the best out of this situation I was stuck in.

“Nice to meet you too, Alex,” my uncle replied whilst standing up from his spot on the bed.

“I’m gonna be making breakfast soon, and you’re probably hungry after that 8 hour flight,” he mentioned.

Well, that explains how I ended up here. Also, I’m pretty hungry, so I didn’t deny the offer to go eat breakfast. I nodded gradually even though it’s already 2:00 in the afternoon and Dan’s already making his way down the stairs. I follow him to his kitchen.

As we made our way downstairs, I notice that Dan’s house is kind of big for just himself living in it. But I don’t voice my opinions out loud. Just proceeding to walk towards the kitchen island until Dan makes his way to the fridge and I take a seat at the table. Awkward silence fills the room as he starts making eggs and bacon for breakfast. I’m starting to feel more American by the second, I noted to myself.

As soon as I’m finished eating, I place the empty plate in the sink to wash later. I'm abruptly reminded of still having to unpack my bags. As I'm walking towards the direction of the stairs, I'm halted by Dan. He lets me know that I’ll be starting Dulaney High School on Monday morning. I nod my head in understanding and resume sauntering upstairs to my new room. Two days before high school and I’m already dreading it; knowing that no matter which country you’re in, all schools have assholes.

Dan's POV


Hauling my nephew’s luggage for him while he sleeps isn’t exactly my definition of “fun,” on a Friday afternoon. But someone’s gotta do it, especially since I’m the only other person who lives here besides Alex. Isobel packed everything that kid owned into these bags, I swear. It took me a while, but I managed to carry all of Alex’s belongings up to his new room. Successfully dropping the ones I was holding onto the carpet floor, resulting in a thud sound. I glance over to the fourteen year old, checking to see if he’s awake or not. He is; looking confused as hell.

“Oh, good, you’re awake,” I said, chuckling to myself because of his confused expression.

Alex quickly jerked his head around to face me, then continuing to stare at me. He looked like a deer in headlights. I choose to look him over. Appearance wise; he has long, messy brown hair that covers his forehead, dark brown eyes, and a skinny figure.

“Oh, sorry,” he apologized quickly.

He began observing the room, staring longer at the posters I had hung up. Confusion was written all over his expression.

“Um, where exactly am I?” he asked me, which then makes me realize that I haven’t told him how he ended up in my house.

I make my way to the edge of his bed, taking a seat.

“Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention.. You’re in Baltimore, Maryland and I’m your uncle, Dan Trapp,” I reply, with a smile on my face. I watch him as his jaw drops in shock.

Alex appeared to be deep in thought. I settle on giving him some time to get used to the revelation. It doesn't take him that long to reply, though.

“Uh, well, nice to meet you, Dan. I’m Alex,” he responded awkwardly.

“Nice to meet you too, Alex,” I replied, whilst standing up from my seat. Feeling rather hungry, I make a decision to go make something to eat in a little while.

“I’m gonna be making breakfast soon, and you’re probably hungry after that 8 hour flight,” I mentioned. I didn’t wait to see his reply given that I’m already making my way downstairs.

Reaching the end of the stairs, I turn right and begin walking towards the refrigerator to find some eggs and bacon. I check to see that Alex’s sitting at the kitchen counter table. There’s an awkward atmosphere in the room while I’m making breakfast. Alex simply looks uncomfortable. Neither of us knows what to say.

After we have both eaten, Alex rose from his seat to put his plate in the sink and started walking towards the stairs. I placed my dish in the sink swiftly, remembering that I should inform him about school starting this Monday. Before Alex makes it halfway up the stairs, I notify him from the spot near the sink that he will be starting Dulaney High School on Monday morning. He nods his head and continues walking up to his room, most likely going to unpack his stuff.
♠ ♠ ♠
Decided to add Senses Fail's drummer bc I liked his beard and Senses Fail is an amazing band

I'm going to South Carolina in 3 days, and staying for 5 days... so I dunno when the next time I'm gonna update this story since school's starting in 12 days for me Dx

As always, thanks for reading! Feel free to subscribe/comment/recommend if you like it so far :3

- Diana