Status: I don't even know how to continue this, whoops

Never Saw It Coming

Chapter Three

Alex's POV


My weekend was spent unpacking some of the leftover luggage and wandering around the neighborhood in attempt to grow more familiar with the new surroundings. However the neighborhood was relatively small, so it wasn't difficult.

But before I knew it, the weekend was over and my alarm clock was blaring obnoxiously in my ear. I groaned. It also didn't help that I went to sleep at five in the morning each day. Waking up at 6:00am on a Monday morning and having a messed up sleeping schedule wasn't a great way to start off the school year. However, school didn't start until 7:30am, so I still had time to take a much needed shower.

Shutting my alarm off, I laid in bed for a bit longer before drowsily standing up and sauntering up to my closet in order to find something to wear for after I'm done showering. I decided on a light blue v neck, grey zip up hoodie, and light wash skinny jeans.

By the time I was done brushing my teeth, showering, straightening and styling my hair, the time read 6:50am. I take up a great deal of time on my appearance, bearing in mind that I could care less about what people think of me. The high school was a twenty minute walk from my house. Not much time left, so I swiftly got dressed and exited my room.

As I set foot in the kitchen, I removed an apple from the fruit basket, taking a bite out of it. I'm not feeling particularly hungry today. I grab my phone and ear buds out from my jeans pocket and turn on my music. "When I Come Around" by Green Day starts playing right away. I nod my head up and down to the guitar while slipping on my black vans and strolling out the door, still eating the apple. It's 6:58 am.

I continue listening to my music tracks until I arrived at the school entrance with ten minutes to spare. Entering the school, I began making my way to the office to receive my class schedule.

As soon as I reached the receptionist desk, I saw a woman sitting at the small table. She appeared to be around her late twenties. Her name tag read "Julie." She looked up at me with a kind smile once I spoke.

"Hi, I'm Alex, Alex Gaskarth. I'm new here..," I said awkwardly.

"Right, Alex. I'll get your schedule, just a moment"

Julie shuffled through some of the piles of papers at her desk until she found the correct paper, handing it to me with a smile.

"There you go"

I took my schedule and thanked her, wearing a fake smile.

I really don't want to be here, I internally groaned.

Nevertheless, I walked across the almost empty hallways. Students were either in class or rushing to get to class. I looked at the school clock which read 7:39am. I'm 10 minutes late to my first period class.. Great.

I eventually found the designated classroom which was located on the second floor. Room 704, History. As I opened the door to enter, all eyes were on me. I stood at the door with a scared look on my face. A short, older man with a mustache was in the middle of a sentence before I entered the room. He must be the teacher.

"Hello, I'm Mr. Brooks, and who are you?"

I stared off at the students before me. They all sent me hateful glares and began to mutter to one another. How did my appearance already give them a reason to dislike me?

"Uh, hi. I-I'm Alex, A-alex Gaskarth. I had trouble finding the r-right room.." I responded, tugging on the sleeves of my hoodie.

Fuck me and my stutter. I constantly get nervous in front of large groups. Especially one's that are staring me down.

Mr. Brooks' expression turned from a confused one to one of realization.

"Ohh. You must be the new kid," he said while looking around the class, undoubtedly searching for a seat for me to sit in.

"You'll be sitting in the back, next to Taylor," he finally spoke, pointing to a brown haired girl.

The previously mentioned girl looked up from her notebook to glance towards me. I observed what she was wearing; a Green Day tee, ripped black jeans, and black high top converse. She might not hate me as much as the next.

I nodded slowly then walked over to the spot next to Taylor, sitting down. As soon as she had the chance, she started piling me with questions.

Turns out we had some things in common, which isn't really a surprise since Green Day is one of my favorite bands. Taylor and I spent the majority of class talking about things music related, where I moved from and that I should sit with her at lunch. I agreed.

There wasn't much work to do in History, so it went by really fast. There's four hours until lunch, which means I have to drag on for four more periods.

It's the end of 4th period, music class. As soon as the bell rings for lunch, I shoot up out of my seat so hurriedly that someone from behind bumped into me, successfully dropping onto the floor. I whip my head to inspect the boy who's now positioned on the ground, a hateful glint in his eye letting me know that he was pissed. I'm about to start apologizing repeatedly until I get caught off guard by his appearance. He was tall and lanky, with longish dark brown hair and a blonde patch in his bangs. His appearance was... different.

Our music teacher, Mrs. Reed finally turned to us, noting the loud thud of the boy falling on the ground, with a shocked look on her face. She made her way to the scrawny kid laying on the ground, helping him up.

"I-I'm sorry, it was an accident," I apologized, overwhelmed with what just occurred.

Mrs. Reed glared at me, with the student standing to her left. He mouthed a "fuck you" to my face and left the room.

"Detention. Today, after school," she snapped, handing me a detention slip from her pocket.

"Okay," I sighed while grabbing the note and leaving the room, annoyed. He knocked into me, why am I the one receiving a detention?

The cafeteria wasn't very spacious, meaning I was able to spot Taylor who's sitting at a table in the corner of the lunchroom, talking with people who I assumed were her friends. I strolled over to their lunch table, everyone's stare on me as I sat right next to Tay with a slight smile.

"Oh my god, where were you?" she questioned with a worried expression.

"Nowhere, I just got held up by the teacher," I explained. Which wasn't a complete lie.

Tay still looked unconvinced, but then straightened up and introduced her confused looking friends to me; pointing at each person as she went along the line.

"That's Zack, Rian, Cassadee, Jenna, Matt and Jack"

My eyes widened when she got to Jack, who was gawking at me. I recognized him as the boy who crashed into me just a few minutes ago.

Fuck. Just my luck.
♠ ♠ ♠
My apologies for not updating in a couple weeks. I've had personal issues over the past month and homework, now that school's officially started /:

If you want me to update sooner, comment/subscribe/rec. It'll encourage me to write more :D

Also, I made Jack "hate" Alex for a bit 'cause I don't like the cliché "love at first sight" kinda thing.

Anyways, thanks for reading!

- Diana