Status: I don't even know how to continue this, whoops

Never Saw It Coming

Chapter Four

Alex's POV


Fast forward three and a half years later. 'Tis the season of cold, gloomy weather. Yep, it's December. I've made it into my final year of high school and my eighteenth birthday's coming up in three days. Other than that, everything else is pretty much the same. I'm still friends with Tay, Rian, Zack, and the others; all apart from one particular skunk haired boy who holds the longest of grudges. Jack hasn't associated with any of his old friends since I walked into the picture. The younger either completely ignores me, or stares at me blankly in the hallways. I hardly gave him a reason to loathe me. Although that's besides the point.

The point is that Tay insists on throwing a party for my birthday; claiming that turning eighteen should be a moment I'll remember for many years to come. Maybe for her it is, since she's a bit younger than I am. Though, I've never been interested in the partying; sure I've gone to a few flings, with Tay and Rian having to drag me out of the house each time.

Besides, I still live with my uncle; Dan, who rarely ever leaves the house unless he's going to the supermarket. He remains upstairs in his bedroom, or in the kitchen most of the time. I don't think he'd be pleased to have hundreds of sex-driven teenagers crammed inside the house with blaring music playing. Although, asking him is the only way to get Tay off my back.

Dan's POV


As I'm sitting comfortably in bed, leaning against the beige wall behind me while I'm typing up an email on my laptop, I hear the familiar creek of the door opening. Taking a brief glace towards the entrance, I acknowledge Alex standing at the front of my room. Sensing that he wants to talk, I set my laptop to the side.

"What's up, Al?"

His lips tighten, forming a straight line as he strides over to the bed, sighing after he's been settled in front of me with crossed legs. I wait patiently until he looks like he might reply.

"I was wondering if it'd be alright if Tay and I could throw a party here for my birthday.." he mumbled.

"Sure, why not?" I replied, deliberately.

Alex's eyes bore into mine, subconsciously questioning my response. I brushed it off, ignoring the stare he was giving me. This is simply because I'm trying to give him more freedom. After all, he is turning eighteen; he's not a child anymore.

Alex nods slowly with a small smile as he stands up, retreating out of the room.

Alex's POV


After entering through the schools' double doors, I jog upstairs in search of Tay; who's placing books into her locker, not paying attention. I rush over to her, yanking out her left ear bud as I begin telling her the news I know she's desperate to hear. Tay's reaction was definitely what I expected, to say the least. The previously specified girl cheered for me, somewhat squealing. Students who were passing sent us unamused glares.

Tay grins, pleased about the news. She shoved the previously snatched ear bud back in her ear while we walked over to our first period class, Calculus. I chuckle and roll my eyes as Tay starts rambling on about how much she loathes school.

It's sixth period now, Physics. In this class, students have assigned seating and I, was unfortunately placed right next to the person I try to keep my distance from; Jack.

In the past couple months I've been sitting here, the lanky boy would routinely finish the classwork and then spend the remaining time snoozing or listening to music. The teacher doesn't care what we do as long as the work is finished.

However, today throughout class, Jack would fiddle around with his pen, frequently staring off into space, tapping his converse clad foot, or glancing at me with his head propped up with his hand in an "I wanna say something but that'd be strange" sort of way before smiling a little then awkwardly looking away. Putting in his ear buds, blocking everyone out.

He's acting unusual and I was growing more curious as the minutes tick by slowly. So as soon as the bell rang, I leap out of my seat, just like the other students. Although my destination was a bit different.

Before Jack could make it to his next class, I pull him off to the side of the lockers outside our shared class. The smug 17 year old looked at me expectantly, smirking. He's way too calm to be sober, I thought to myself as he tugged one of his ear buds out; so that's where his morale came from.

"Hm?" he asked nonchalantly, leaning against a locker behind him.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, annoyed.

"Not much" he replied sarcastically.

"Well then you should quit staring at me in class," I suggested, jokingly.

The skunk haired boy chuckled, standing upright from his previous leaning position, walking past me; though not before bumping his shoulder casually into mine. Adding a fake wink over his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoah, it's been 3 weeks since I've updated ^.^

I feel like death 24/7 school sucks and what the tits it's already October xp I dunno when I'll write the next chapter mwahah

Thanks for reading, though :3

- Diana