Status: I don't even know how to continue this, whoops

Never Saw It Coming

Chapter Six

Jack's POV


It was expected that I was completely worn out after last nights activities, meaning I wasn't prepared to come home to my bitter mother at one in the morning to try and explain to her why I was out for so long. After all, I had told Joyce I was staying over Josh's house. She was most likely waiting for my ass to get back home. However my ass and I settled on postponing her angry lecture and remained curled up under Alex's soft blanket after he'd fallen asleep within seconds. I was fully aware of the amount of shit I'd be in the next morning. Both from Alex and my mother. I turned so that my back was facing away from the shorter male, who was taking up 2/3's of the bed. I sighed in an annoyed fashion and tugged some of the blanket over to my side. Looking tiredly at my phone, I muted my moms calls and texts then automatically drifted off into a deep sleep.

______________________________________________________

"Bzzz, bzzz" I hear a vibration going off near me. The noise repeats again and again until I'm compelled to answer the rings. I groaned, squirming awake and opening my eyes to grab my disruptive phone from next to me on the mahogany nightstand.

The sudden light burns my eyes for a few seconds before I'm able to read the name at the top of the phone screen. "Josh"

My eyes instantly move to look at the time, which reads 10:00am. Shit.. I better leave before Alex wakes up irritated, ready to go off on me in a fit of rage.

It was announced last night that there was a snow day today, so I didn't have to wake up at six in the morning, like usual.

I promptly answer the phone, whispering "Hello?"

"Dude, Joyce has been calling my mom all morning, where are you?!"

"It doesn't matter, I'll call you later," I replied and hung up the phone.

I discretely remove myself from the bed, turning to make sure Alex hadn't woken up. I notice that he's curled up in a ball, sleeping soundly. I push every thought of him out my mind to continue getting dressed in my usual clothes that had been scattered all across the carpet and gather all of my other belongings. I quickly exit the silent house, wandering out into the snowy outdoors, prepared for what is to come back home.
______________________________________________________

I open the door to my two story house, poke my head through the door and glance around to make sure Joyce is still sleeping. A sigh of relief withdraws from my winter-chapped lips when I don't see anyone in the living room, waiting to lecture me about not coming home last night.

I steadily make my way up the wooden staircase, through the corridor, and into my cluttered room just in front of the staircase.

At first I just laid there, peering up at the ceiling. Thinking about all of the recent events before choosing not to deal with them at the moment and avoid them by dozing off once again. Hopefully I'll come up with a good excuse for being out for so long when I officially get up.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not that I don't have time to update, I do. It's just that I'm an asshole who has no sense of imagination or creativity :'D

But I'll try to get more inspiration for all of you who do read this fic ^.^

I have a kik, by the way. Feel free to message me if you wanna talk? @dianaisabeek

Thanks for reading xx

- Diana