Sequel: OHSHC Storylines

Seven Minutes in Heaven: Ouran High School Host Club

Kazukiyo Sōga x Reader

"I don't think they'll like it very much if we eat all the cake, Usa-chan." Honey looked at his stuffed rabbit as if accusing it of taking something. "But strawberry IS my favorite!"

Honey contently sat on a sofa, legs kicking out happily as he ate his cake. A recess had been given for refreshments and most were pleased to relieve themselves from the nagging dread of being picked. You were halfway through your second cup of tea when Kaoru burst across the room laughing like he'd just committed some great and hilarious act. That's when you noticed the bag of items was in his hand and he was headed straight for you.

"Quick! You're next. Pick!" His grin ran from ear to ear and he was breathing hard, holding the bag right near your face.

You had no clue where Tamaki had gone, but if Kaoru had the bag, you didn't want to know what he had done to obtain it. Reaching your hand in as directed, you retrieved a small pocket book. The cover was a soft deep blue and a single golden swirl interlocked across the cover. "This is beautiful," you remarked.

"That's one of my favorites," said a small voice in the throng of people.

Your eyes followed the sound to a boy with shaggy hair and glasses. He was trembling where he sat, not quite able to get up. Holding the book between your hands, you brought it to him and held it out. "I chose your beautiful item, would you do me the honor of accompanying me into the closet?"

There was hesitation in his posture. But he stood, with effort, and the two of you entered the closet. Kaoru left no time in shutting the door; before you had finished crossing the threshold, the door shut on your heels and you yelped. From somewhere outside, you heard a crash and a feeling of knowing came to you.

Soga stood before you, weak-kneed. You quickly helped him to the floor and placed his book in his lap. "I'm curious, what's it about?"

He was still shaking, but the topic interested him. "It's a short book on exotic insects. I was doing research for a paper but the pictures in the book are exquisite."

"Too bad it's so dark in here, I'd love to see them." You smiled at Soga and a bit more of nerves left him.

He frequently looked around the small closet, as if the small space didn't appeal to him; he clutched his book despite the fact he wasn't shaking now. "I'm sorry if I seem...out of sorts. Dark places are not my preferred places." His eyes scrunched shut and he curled into a ball.

Scooting closer, you wrapped an arm around him and took the book from his hands. There was just enough light coming in from under the door that you sat it down and opened it up. There were indeed enchanting insects of all kinds shown inside. From butterflies to mere flies, something about the pictures drew you in.

"I told you they were exquisite," Soga chipped in softly.

His body was no longer shaking and he was leaning into you, both of you admiring the little book before you. That's how the rest of your time was spent, you flipping pages and Soga describing each specimen. Your time ended when Haruhi opened the door, a look of apology on her face.

"Careful when you come out, Tamaki's close to snapping again at the twins." Soga took your hand and led you back to your seat, looking back at you slightly.

Retiring you to your place, a slight blush blossomed on his cheeks. "If you'd like...we could meet in the library later on and I could show you more."

His invitation made you smile. "I'd like that."

With a deeper blush spreading on his face, Soga returned to his chair and fixed his face in his book, stealing a last glance once doing so.