Status: inprogress

Tales of Raylenor

Prologe

“General Ashtok, a report from the field.” A solider yelled as he rushed into the tent.
An Aman leaned over a table. He stood upright and glared at the solider.
“What is it?” He asked in a harsh voice.
“S-sir, we have heavy wounded from the front line. The scourge armies are beginning to push our men back.” He reported
General Ashtok slammed his fist onto the table.
“Damn it. If this continues Aleron valley will be lost.” He shouted
He grabbed the table and threw it across the tent.
“Now now. Is that anyway for a general to act.” A calm voice said from outside.
General Ashtok glanced at the opening of the tent. A man clad in Grey and black armor walked in. A small figure in a white hooded robe followed.
“Neroza, where the he…” a high officer began to shout.
General Ashtok raised his arm in front of the officer. He glanced at Neroza then down at the small figure.
“Is that…..” Ashtok questioned as he approached Neroza.
Neroza smiled. The small figure removed the hood. A small female with cat like ears stood there beside Neroza. The soldiers began to whisper amongst themselves.
“Wha…an Elin? What is an Elin doing here?” The officer yelled.
“Her name is Astral Lanas. She is the high priestess of the Elin race. She’s here to lend us a hand with her magic.” Neroza said with a smirk.
Ashtok glanced at Neroza as he stepped in front of him. He narrowed his eyes. He then slammed his hand onto Neroza's shoulder.
“Then let us go and win this battle.” He bellowed in a large laugh.
Ashtok then picked up a shield and large sword and began to walk out the tent. Neroza and Ashtral followed.
As Ashtok approached the field the wounded soldiers stared at him. Their eyes filled with the look of death. Ashtok stepped on a small rock and turned to them.
“Arise my brothers. Tonight we win this battle for the goddess has blessed this day!” he shouted.
Right then Ashtral raised her staff in the air. A large magical circle began to form around her feet. As the circle began to glow she slammed her staff down to the ground. A bright flash filled the area. Mist began to form and envelop the soldiers. Wounds fatal and minor healed instantly. The soldiers could feel their strength return. They glanced among themselves then at the small girl. Without hesitation they picked up their arms and stood before Ashtok. Their eyes now filled with the light of hope and courage.
General Ashtok turned towards the battle field.
“Let this battle be won. Charge forth let the scourge know fear!” He shouted. The soldiers followed all charged forth without hesitation.
Neroza smiled as he drew the two swords on his back. He motioned his head to Ashtral who followed without a word.

As the battle ensued soldiers on the field fought to protect themselves. They aided each other as to try to survive for just a few minutes longer.
“Where is general Ashtok? Has he forsaken us on the field?” One soldier yelled.
“Hold fast. Don’t let the enemy break past this point. General Ashtok will send reinforcements?” Another yelled as he helped another soldier up.
A large roar erupted form behind them. A huge beast that stood 50 feet tall approached.
“i-it’s a Dreadnaught!” a soldier yelled
“We’re doomed!” another yelled as he collapsed to his knees.
The beast raised its huge club high in the air. The soldiers cowered as they could not escape. The beast swung the mace to crush them.
Suddenly the beasts hand stopped. A chain had wrapped around its wrist.
“Neroza now!” A voice yelled.
In a swift motion Neroza jumped on to the back of the beast. In one quick blow his swords pierced the beasts’ throat as he rended its flesh. Its head toppled to the ground, its body right after. Neroza lifted his swords and looked at the soldiers.
“L-lieutenant Neroza!” The soldiers exclaimed.
General Ashtok pulled the chain back around his wrist.
“Stand fast men. It’s time to win this battle.” He said as he walked past them.
“Sir we have injured we need to treat.” One reported.
As the soldier said that. A light mist enveloped them. Their wounds healed and body’s rejuvenated.
“Wha…how?” He asked.
Ashtral walked past them one by one she released small orbs that dispersed and healed each of the soldiers.
The soldiers stared in confusion. Then they raised their arms and joined the charge with the rest. Like a flood the army pushed and washed away the scourge army until only the Commander was left.
“This ends here.” Ashtok said as he charged at the commander.
The commander a huge Necromancer knight named Kalloth challenged him. The two engaged in combat but Ashtok quickly defeated him. As Ashtok removed his swords from the now felled Kalloth. He turned to the soldiers.
“Tonight we return home Victorious!” He yelled as he raised his sword.
Suddenly a small enemy rose from the bodies. It held a small blade in its hand. It then thrusted it towards Ashtok’s back.
“Ashtok look out!” Neroza cried.
Ashtok turned his head. The sound of a blade as it pierced flesh could be heard. Ashtok stared in confusion. Neroza stood in front of the enemy. The blade buried deep in his abdomen.
“No!” Ashtok yelled. Ashtok grabbed the enemy by the head. His large hands easily encompassed its skull. He crushed its head as if it were a grape. The enemy’s body was casted away.
Neroza sank to his knees. He pulled the blade out of his abdomen, Blood spilled on the ground.
“Neroza, quickly Ashtral come here!” Ashtok yelled.
Ashtral ran to Neroza’s side. She stared in horror at his wound.
“Heal him!” Ashtok shouted.
Ashtral shook her head. Tears formed in her eyes as she placed her face in her hands.
Ashtok stared at her in confusion and horror. Neroza smiled
“It’s ok Ashtok; the blade was cursed, no matter what magic she uses it won’t heal.” Neroza said weakly.
Ashtok stared at him, tears formed in his eyes as he watched the blood continue to pour out his wound. Neroza bumped his armor with his fist.
“Look at you, big bad Aman crying.” Neroza chuckled.
Neroza then reached and wiped away a tear on Ashtral's face. She leaned into his hand.
She started to shake her head hysterically; she reached into her pouch on her side and pulled out a small glowing seed. Neroza grabbed her hand.
“no.” he said weakly.
Ashtral placed the seed in her mouth then quickly thrusted her lips to his. She held him tight to her as they embraced in a deep kiss. Ashtok stepped back in amazement. Suddenly a light began to glow from Neroza. The light grew brighter and brighter until It filled the area with a blinding light.

“..ori.” a voice said softly
“Arlori.”
“ARLORI!” a harsh voice yelled.
“Nyaaaa!” A small girl cried as she jumped awake.
She quickly grabbed the trunk of the tree she slept in. She glanced down and saw a huge Aman below her.
“Arlori, get down here now!” He yelled.
The small girl pinned her brown ears to her head. Her pink hair bobbed as she jumped out of the tree and landed softly on the ground. She looked up at the Aman with an innocent look.
“Don’t look at me like that, how many times have I told you not to skip out on your lessons.” He lectured.
“I’m sorry uncle Ashtok.” She said softly.
“Now come we have to finish your lessons before lunch.” Ashtok said gruffly as he pointed to the small house.
Arlori quickly dashed off towards the house, her small curled tail bobbed as she skipped into the door.
“What am I going to do with this girl?” Ashtok said as he rubbed his neck. He glanced off in the distance.
“Your daughter is a handful, old friends.” He said as he walked back towards the house.