18 and Life to Go

1: Stay Away, Sweet Misery

This chapter was mainly written by my friend Liz. :)

[Juliette's POV]

This Senior year isn't looking as great as we had hoped.

With a baby to take care of and Lizzy in a coma, this was going to be a stressful year.

"We're only just turning 18! We don't want to deal with all this!" I said in annoyance to no one in particular.

We were at lunch, all sitting together for the first time in a long time.

Finn and Dan managed to put their little problems aside for a while. I guess that's good... Right?

The whole entire week, Dan literally didn't smile nor laugh. Only when he was with his newborn daughter.

One Wednesday, he wasn't at lunch.

He was here the rest of the class periods, so I didn't know why he wasn't here.

"Guys," I said to the boys, "I'm going to go find Dan. I'm a bit worried about him."

They all nodded and Phil said "Do you want me to come along?"

"I think it's better if went alone." I gave him a one sided smile. "it's for the best."

He nodded understandingly and I kissed him on the cheek.

I went through the doubled doors and looked in every staircase there was.

I called out his name every so often but I didn't get a response back.

Finally I decided to go to the library and check the very back.

Sure enough, there he was.

His head was down on the table and his eyes were blood red and cheeks were tear stained.
He's really not taking this whole thing well.

"Hey..." I slowly walked over to him and sat down on the only extra chair left.

He just looked at me and more tears started coming down. He burrows his head in his arms and sobbed quietly.

"Dan, look at me." He didn't. "Dan, look me goddammit!"

He slowly did.

"I'm just as sad as you are, trust me, but do you know why I'm not crying?"

"No..." he whispered.

"Because I know Lizzy will wake up soon. She can pull through anything. She's a strong person."

"This is all my fault!" he looked at me with disappointment. He got up from his chair, "If I hadn't put my filthy hands on her, none of this would be happening!"

He surprised me by how much he raised his voice. He never does that. At least not around me.

He sat back down and hid face softened. "I'm, I'm so sorry..."

"It's alright, don't worry about it." I put my arm around his shoulders and he cried on mine. I let him, of course.

"Dan, everything will get better all in due time. Plus, look on the bright side... Holly wouldn't be here!"

"But Lizzy would..."

And then, I couldn't hold it in either, so, I cried with him as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is really short, wow. It's also so strange reading all this again... It's been almost two years since I wrote this!