18 and Life to Go

11: Move Along

[Phil's POV.]

My phone beeped, cutting through my reverie. I sighed and rolled over on my bed to reach it. Who would be texting me? No one ever did. No one apart from Juliette...

I opened the message without checking who it was from.

"Uh, hi Phil," it read. "Um, I wanna let you know that Lizzy's awake. She asked for you a few minutes ago. Maybe you'd like to see her. Um, yeah. That's all. See you around. -J."

That was it. Just her initial, signed at the bottom in the most detached manner possible.

I sighed. I was happy that Lizzy was awake. That was truly brilliant news. And yeah, maybe I would go meet her later on, when the gang left or something.

I couldn't bear seeing Juliette again. I already see her everyday at school and it tears me up inside. She was hurting too, I could tell, but it'll pass. She'll get over me soon enough. They all do anyways.

I sighed again and rolled onto my back, staring up at the ceiling. My hand absentmindedly went up to the chain I still had around my neck. However, lately, I had kept it hidden securely under my shirt. I didn't want her thinking I was some weird creep or something for still wearing that.

I don't think she's wearing hers. I never actually checked...

---
School again. Yipee, what joy.

I did go to see Lizzy, and boy was it good talking to her again. We laughed together like the old days; she didn't bring up her sister and nor did I.

Whoever, school was a different story. I had to face seeing her, and she seemed to be everywhere I looked lately.

Though today, at lunch, something unusual happened.

I was sitting at my usual table, reading my Sherlock Holmes book and ever so often pushing my glasses up my nose (I had forgotten how annoying they were when they slipped down), when someone came and sat opposite me.

I looked up curiously. Who would come here?

In front of me was a light brown haired girl. She was smiling weirdly at me.

I raised an eyebrow. "If this is a stupid dare, you can leave," and continued reading.

She laughed shrilly. "Of course not, silly! My name's Heather. What's yours?"

"Phil," I mumbled, not looking up.

"Well, Phil, it's nice to meet you. What are you reading?"

I raised the book higher so she would be able to see the title.

"Oh, I love Sherlock Holmes!"

I looked up, suddenly interested. "Really?"

"Yeah, totally. I've read most of the books and I love the old tv series."

I felt my heart pang. Juliette had said the same thing one day, when we were watching the newer series.

"Oh really?"

"Yep," she nodded enthusiastically. "I'm a real Baker Street Irregular."

"Nice to know," I nodded, smiling slightly.

This Heather girl... She seemed cool. She couldn't replace Juliette, but she could help me move on...
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor little Phil :( what do you guys think of Heather??? Is anything gonna happen?? (I can't tell you because I don't remember myself XD)