18 and Life to Go

2: Please Don't Leave Me

[Phil's POV.]

"Hey, you found him?"

"Yeah," she nodded, not looking up. "He was in the library."

"Hey, Juliette, what's wrong?" I asked, concerned.

She often said Dan wasn't living this whole situation very well, but she hated to admit that she wasn't doing any better.

"Nothing, Phil, I'm fine."

"Look at me, look me in the eyes and tell me you're fine, then."

Her head snapped up and she looked me dead in the eye. "There. Happy?"

"No," I murmured, pulling her into a hug. She sighed and hugged me back after a minute. "No, I'm not. Neither are Finn, Jack, Dan, nor are you. And it's normal."

"It's just... I don't want to lose her, too, Phil."

"Shush! Don't talk like that, like she's gone."

"But Phil, what i-"

"No. No 'what if?'s. Where's that optimistic girl I fell in love with?"

"She's here," she grumbled into my chest. "But her optimism left her when her sister did, too."

"Juliette, I'm serious," I said sternly, grabbing her by her shoulders. "Don't talk like that. You and I both know Lizzy would never leave you like this, alright? Stop saying shit like that, like she's gone forever."

"I'm sorry," she whispered, not meeting my gaze. "I'm... I just don't want to lose her, too, you know? I've lost too many people I once held close. I can't bear to lose her, too."

"Hey, hey, those days are gone, alright? I promise you, you're not losing anyone anytime soon. Not Lizzy, not Dan, not Nancy, Jake, Finn, Jack and most certainly not me."

"How can you be sure?"

"Because... I just am."

"That'll have to do."

"Hey!" I chuckled. "You're so mean."

"I know," she replied, smiling slightly at me.

"Come on, let's get you home."

"Right now?"

"Yeah?"

"Can't we just.. Stay out for a bit? I don't want to go back right away..."

"Alright, sure."

"Thanks, Phil."

"Don't mention it."
♠ ♠ ♠
this is so short so I'm gonna upload chapter 3, too ^-^ thank you for the nice comments! Love ya