18 and Life to Go

9: Wake Me Up Inside

Chapter written by my friend Elizabeth :)

[Lizzy's POV]

I woke up with the worst headache in history. It felt as if World War 2 was happening in my head! What the hell happened the night before?

I opened my eyes and immediately knew I wasn't home with my poster filled walls.

I tried to move but my body was freaking sore.

I looked around at my surroundings and came to the conclusion I was in a hospital.

But, I mean, nothing happened, so why-

That thought was interrupted by another.

I felt my stomach.

It was... flat.

I started freaking out so badly I took uneven breaths.

Was this all a dream? Meeting Molly? Rachel? Jack and Finn?

Was meeting Dan all a dream?

This was terrible. I want to go back to that dream. I want to be with Dan again. Why couldn't I be in this dream forever?

I looked around the walls for an emergency button to call my nurse, I found it and clicked.

Less than two minutes later she came in.

She looked so relieved to see me...

Uh, okay...

Soon, my doctor came in.

I remembered her face.

"You've finally awoken!" she exclaimed.

I gave her a confused look. "Huh?"

"Well, you've been in a coma for the past five months-"

"I was in a coma?!" I was freaking out even worse now. "For five months?!"

I felt hot tears running down my cheeks. Rivers of endless salty tears.

"Now, calm down Elizabeth, everything will be fine!"

I removed the blankets I was under, ignoring the pain I felt.

I had wires everywhere, I felt like I was some kind of human experiment!

"Elizabeth, I need you to stop moving so much because your heart beat is a bit too fast right now-"

"Where's Juliette, Nancy and Jake?! Where's my baby?!"

Soon, at least four nurses tried to calm me down. How can I calm the fuck down when I was just informed that I was in a coma?!

Another nurse came in, "Dr. Bradley? I just called Ms. Elizabeth's family. They're on their way."

"Great!" my doctor said. She turned to me, "Elizabeth, please stay put, I'll go get your medication." with that she gave me a bright smile and walked out leaving me with the other nurses trying to comfort me.

I couldn't I couldn't help it, I sobbed uncontrollably into one of the nurse's shoulders.

Once I calmed down a bit, they were all telling me how beautiful my baby was and that I was lucky to have her.

It was a baby girl.

Apparently she had my eyes, and her daddy's face. That made me want to hold her in my arms so badly.

The other nurses left the room to attend other patients, and one stayed with me, trying to cheer me up.

"Jody," said my doctor coming in with my pills, "I'll take her from here."

The nurse nodded, gave me a warm hug and walked out closing the door quietly.

"You've calmed down I see," my doctor told me.

It seemed almost impossible for me to speak, so I just nodded slightly.

I took my pill and after a short silence I finally spoke up, "Doctor? How did this all happen...?" my voice was still shaky.

She looked at me and sat on the bed beside me. "Your body was simply not ready for all this. You took a bit longer to get your baby out than usual."

"How long does it normally take?"

"About 20 minutes,"

"And how long did I take...?"

"About an hour and a half." she half whispered.

I just looked away from her unable to say anything else.

She put her hand over mine and smiled, "On the bright side, little Holly May was born healthy and whole."

I looked at her once again my mouth slightly open. "Holly May? That's her name?"

She nodded.

They put the name we had chosen if it was a girl.

I couldn't help but crack a smile.

"Doctor, they're here," a nurse peaked through the door and my heart beat started to get faster.

"Brilliant! Elizabeth, I'll leave you now, they'll be coming in any minute, so best of luck." she gave me a warm hug and left.

I was all alone now just waiting for everyone to come.

I heard muffled voices outside the door, and I felt my eyes getting watery.

There was a short moment of silence. I saw the handle turn, my heart was beating uncontrollably.

The door opened and I locked eyes with a familiar pair of brown ones.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok I messed up and uploaded chapter 10 before chapter 9. SORRY GUYS, I FIXED IT!!!