Temptations

c h a p t e r 2 [ p a r t 2]

Harry frowned at me once I opened the passenger door to this black truck. I wasn’t surprised when I heard what sounded like rock music coming from his speakers and Niall thrashing in the back seat.

“What’s that look for?” I slid into the passenger seat.

“You’re really going to wear that?” Harry didn’t even try to hide his evident disgust. I looked down at my plain t-shirt and jeans.

“What? Is there a dress code or something?”

“I think once people see this travesty, there will be,” Harry pulled out of my driveway, “Are you sure you don’t want to change?”

“Leave the girl alone, Haz,” Niall leaned over from the backseat, “I think you look lovely, Ada. Much better than any of the girls that are going to be there.”

“Why’s that?” I turned to face him.

“You’ll see.”

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I didn’t expect Niall to be so on point when he said, “You’ll see.” The girls at this party were like the ones I’d seen in movies. Tall, beautiful and very scantily clad. I guess Harry wasn’t being such an ass when he asked if I wanted to change and now I was wishing I did. I had only known these boys for a few days but I had a feeling they were about to get me in more trouble than I had ever been in my entire life. It’s about time I start living.

Niall was dressed pretty causally and so was Harry, but there was something about the way he looked tonight that had me reconsidering my hatred for him. He was wearing plain black jeans and those tattered boots I’d seen him in all week, but today he swapped his usual t-shirt for a red flannel and I couldn’t have been happier about it. He left the top few buttons open, enough space for the tips of his tattoos to show underneath.

I’d learned that all the boys except Niall were practically littered with tattoos, which was something I found, regrettably, sexy. They looked the best on Harry, though. The black ink and his tanned skin complimented him ridiculously.

“Do you drink, love?” Louis had appeared out of nowhere, already handing me a full cup of who-knows-what.

“Jesus, Lou, let the girl at least get through the door first before you try to get her drunk,” it was Zayn, who I had assumed would be with my sister. Niall mentioned on the way over that he had heard Zayn wasn’t even planning on leaving my sister bedroom. I knew my sister was pretty promiscuous but I had hoped Niall was wrong.

“You sister said she wasn’t feeling well and wanted to stay home tonight,” Zayn took a sip from his own red cup and Harry snorted.

“Right, she probably saw Miss. Ada, here, leaving and didn’t want to be caught dead in public with her.”

“Or she heard you would be here and thought she’d save herself a miserable night of being in your lovely presence,” I narrowed my eyes. Harry was quickly ruining the good thoughts I had of him in my head.

“Maybe you should take her lead next time and stay home,” Harry rolled his eyes and brushed past me to the kitchen where I heard a chorus of greetings for him that I didn’t think he deserved.

“Is he always this pleasant?” I set my cup down on a nearby table. I wasn’t much of a drinker to begin with but drinking in a place full of people I had never even seen before didn’t exactly seem like a good idea.

“Harry is what you call, an “acquired taste”,” Niall laughed, “You have to get to know the guy. He’s actually not that bad.”

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I had been lead through the crowed house, pulsing from music and the hoards of people crammed into such a small space, into the backyard that was equally as packed. There was a glowing, turquoise pool in the center of everything, a group of people splashing around in it.

“Think you might take a dip?” it was Zayn again, and his Godly smile, staring down at me.

“I think I might sit this one out,” I smiled back. There was absolutely no way I would even come close to any of the girls in the pool. The water slid down their toned bodies in a way that had me questioning whether I wanted to be them or be on them. The boys weren’t any different; all tanned and sinewy. What is with this place?

“Too bad, that could have been interesting,” he peeked at me over the rim of his cup.

“Interesting indeed,” Louis slung an arm around me, “Has anyone given you the tour, milady?”

“Um tour?”

“Sure,” Louis steered up towards his house, “The place is like a castle, and surely you’d like a tour so you know your way around. I’m sure we’ll be seeing a lot of each other from now on-“

“Louis?” what had to be the most gorgeous girl I had ever laid eyes on stood before us. She was slender and tall, but not too tall. Her long brown hair was curled to perfection and where the hell did she come from?

“Elle!” Louis exclaimed, shoving me out from under his arm. I stumbled and oh god- the ground seemed to come to an end and before I even knew what was happening, I was coming up for air, sputtering in the freezing pool.

“Jesus-h-Christ! I am so sorry, Ada!” Louis was scrambling around for a towel and his lovely friend Elle reached out to haul me from the pool. I supposed I was taking a “dip” anyhow, huh?

“Look what you did, Lou, the poor girl is absolutely soaked,” Elle frowned, snatching the towel from Louis and draping it around my shoulders, “I apologize on my oaf-of-a-boyfriend’s behalf.”

Boyfriend?

“Eleanor!” Niall came bounding from inside the house, a little tipsy, closely followed by Harry. He jumped up and down a few times before capturing the tiny girl in his arms, squeezing the living daylights out of her. “We missed you so much! Mostly because Lou is simply a wreck when you’re gone,” he cast his friend an apologetic glance, “But we missed you anyways.”

“It’s great to be back,” she smiled, “And it looks like I’ll finally have a girlfriend around here.”

Niall nodded excitedly, “Yeah Ada is a real catch. She’s gonna be our new best friend.”

“What the hell happened to you?”

The good feelings and happy thoughts were replaced with the disgusted look on Harry’s face. He took in my dripping clothes and hair matted to my head that probably had me looking like a wet cat.

“Our lovely friend Louis, here, shoved me in,” I glared at said friend.

He put his arms up, “Complete accident.”

“You look like hell,” Harry chimed in again.

“Fu-“

“Oh Ada, darling, what happened to you?” it was Liam and for the first time tonight I actually felt relieved. I hadn’t seen him all night and just figured he wouldn’t be showing up; he was too nice for parties like this- but apparently not.

“Lou, why don’t you get Ada some clothes to change into?” Eleanor was quickly becoming my favorite of the group.

“I’ve got to stay down here and make sure no one breaks anything,” Louis bit his lip, “Liam could you take Ada to my room and get her some clothes?”

Liam opened his mouth to answer but was beaten to it by another voice, “I’ll take her, this party blows anyways.”

“Thanks Haz,” Louis smiled, taking Eleanor and heading out by the pool. No way. No way in hell.

“Well?” Harry was by the back door, “Aren’t you coming?”

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

“I’m sure Lou has something that’ll fit you; he’s got a fat ass.”

“Excuse me? What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

Harry looked down at my backside and smirked, “Why the hell did you come to this party anyways? You’re not even drinking.”

“You don’t need to drink to have a good time, Harry,” I grumbled, taking the large t-shirt from his hands. “What about pants?”

“The shirts long enough. You’ll be fine.”

“I am not going to prance around here in just a t-shirt,” I put my hands on my hips in hopes of being intimidating but Harry only laughed.

“Sweetheart, no one’s going to be looking, the girls here are dressed in much less than that; you’ll be fine.”

“Whatever,” I rolled my eyes, “Turn around then.”

“Nothing I haven’t seen before,” he sighed, turning around anyways. I had just gotten my t-shirt over my head when the door burst open, and a very drunk guy I didn’t recognize stumbled in.

“Well hello there,” he slurred, “Who knew I’d find someone as cute as you behind door number three. And you’re already naked- well almost. This is my lucky night.”

“I wouldn’t go that far, mate,” Harry stepped in front of me as I scrambled for Louis’ t-shirt. “You should really leave.”

“And miss an opportunity like this? Yeah, I don’t think so, man,” drunk guy patted Harry on the shoulder and tried to push past him. He grabbed the sleeve of my shirt when Harry slammed him into the wall.

“I tried being polite, mate, I really did. But now you’ve gone and worn out your welcome so unless you want me to take your head and make it a wall decoration, I highly suggest you leave. Quickly.”

“Shit, Styles don’t be so rough man! I didn’t know she was yours. I’m going, I’m going.”

I was about to correct him when Harry answered instead, “Well now you know so I better not see you bothering her again. Are we clear?”

“Crystal,” drunken guy stumbled back out the door and I couldn’t decide if I was relieved or incredibly freaked out over what Harry had just said.

“Now don’t go reading into that,” he said, seeing my confused expression, “You’ll thank me and move along. He won’t be bothering you anymore.”

“You could have told him I was your sister or something…anything other than that I was your girl.”

“Sweetheart, do you really think anyone would believe you were my sister?” his chuckled, stepping closer to me, “We have way too much chemistry.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think!