Alone

Head Held High

School. A sad excuse for adults to spend their meaningless days and for parents to not have their children home all of the time. Is it really that surprising that I would actually like it here? I'm an outcast anywhere else, so it should seem rather fitting. There's a few others here that make sense to me. People...who don't judge me. I just seemed to find a lot of comfort in being in a place that seemed to understand me.
I kept thinking on the bus, Hey, this might not be so bad this year. You're a senior and there's loads of Freshmen to freak out but it didn't really help much. The rain, however, did. I smiled as I saw it hit the window, my eyes double blinking as I watched it.
"Hey, you going to scoot over or what?" I heard someone say. It never seemed to click in, when my friends got on the bus. Maybe it was since I was always focused on something else. Who knows. At least someone I could trust was finally on board. Looking over, I jolted a little within my own skin. It was him. I scooted over quickly and then looked back to the window, blushing like a mad man.
"So, how did church go last night?" he asked. I wanted to say something nice. Something that wouldn't concern him, but I couldn't lie to him.. I explained what happened and watched him shake his head once I was finished.

"So, what are you going to do? You know they'll never get it. Hell, none of us even get it. There's not a whole lot of use in putting up a fight, anymore, Fera.." he said. I hate that he's so right all the damn time. It's like, no matter what I do, there's always another angle that explains things and I always feel stupid for not seeing it!
"I'm just not going to talk around them anymore. I mean, what's the use? I try to talk to them and act like everything is normal but it just isn't. I'm tired of always fighting them and having to deal with all of the bullshit. When I'm of age, they'll tell me to slither back to whatever hole I came from and stay there just so that they don't have to deal with me anymore"

I wanted to feel like I belonged somewhere. It drove me nuts that no matter what...I was an outcast.