Sempiternal

Chaos

Payback; an act of revenge or retaliation.

They were in the Windy City, the arena was packed, and Lucy was in the middle of it all; wearing her support for The Shield, working alongside Mark who was sporting an Evolution shirt. He didn't really care for Evolution, but he thought it'd be funny to wear opposing shirts.

When it came time for the match she had been waiting for all night long, Mark gave her the go ahead to leave. He had the stand covered. She thanked him numerous times and ran off backstage so that she could watch.

The bell rang, igniting a huge brawl between all six men. The leader of Evolution immediately targeted Seth, while Randy Orton went after Dean, and Batista started in on Roman outside of the ring. She was joined at the screen by Brie, who she hadn't seen in weeks, and her husband Daniel who had been one of Seth's pals from the beginning of his wrestling career. She quickly congratulated her on her bold move against Stephanie McMahon tonight, and gave her a hug.

When she turned back to the screen, her eyes frantically searched for Dean, until she finds him out in the crowd fighting. The action was everywhere. Finally, they settle in the ring with Roman and Batista. Dean is still down from the drop Orton gave him off the barricade. He finally joins Roman in the corner as Batista hits Seth with a huge Irish whip, sending him into the corner hard.

It was difficult for Lucy to watch. Even knowing that her boys would come out on top, even knowing they weren't really hurt, they sold it so well that it had her gasping whenever someone hit a turnbuckle, or was clotheslined.

Randy Orton tags himself in, only to be dropkicked by Seth. He tags in Dean, and they hit Orton with a double suplex before Seth exits the ring. Dean keeps Randy grounded, allowing Roman to tag himself in. Orton tucks his tail and tags in Batista. Roman drops him with an elbow, and tags Dean back in. He backs the larger man into the corner, taking as many shots to him as he can. Batista turns the tables quickly, hitting Dean with a spinebuster.

Lucy cringes. Daniel mutters something about knowing that Dean will be fine, to reassure her, but she barely hears it as Triple H is tagged in and begins his assault on Dean in the corner. He finally breaks free and tags in Roman quickly, who eats a body drop and a huge clothesline before Roman sends Dean back into the ring. He forces his 'boss' into a corner and tags in Seth, holding Triple H in place while Seth splashes him, and punishes him with a few suplexes.

Seth tags in Dean, again, and Lucy inwardly groans. She loved seeing him wrestle, he was definitely one to watch, but she was so afraid that something might go wrong. Granted, something could go wrong any night, but now that her feelings were involved, she wanted him as far from harms way as possible.

He drives an elbow into Triple H's lower back, followed by a splash in the corner. Batista tags himself in and works Dean over some before tagging in a fresh Randy Orton. He stomps over Dean, tags in Triple H, who mounts him in the center of the ring and delivers a series of right hands to Dean's head.

Dean finally get's free with an Irish whip, and goes to tag in one of his teammates. Triple H cuts him off, connecting his knee to Dean's face. Lucy curses under her breath, capturing the attention of Brie. "I thought you and Dean weren't the best of friends." She says suspiciously.

"We're not." She lies, her eyes don't leave the screen as Dean tags in Roman. "Doesn't mean I want to see him get his ass kicked."

Roman takes out both Batista and Orton. He destroys Batista with a clothesline and a big right hand, dumps Randy out of the ring, and hits Triple H with a high back body drop. Roman slides out of the ring, connecting his boot with the side of Batista's head. After a Superman Punch, the big Samoan goes for the cover, but Orton breaks it up. Triple H throws Rollins out, and once again Orton and Dean begin brawling.

Randy sends Dean flying into the steel post. "Fuck!" Lucy groans, hating what she is seeing. Triple H grabs a monitor and cracks Seth with it. "Come on, guys!"

Roman is clearing off the Spanish announce table, while Batista is down, but Orton cuts him off. Triple H throws Roman into the steps. Randy clears off the rest of the table, as Triple H drags him over to Batista. Randy and Triple H set him up on the big man's shoulders, and Triple Power Bomb him through the table.

"I'm getting really sick of that." Lucy says. Daniel nods in agreement.

Dean comes out of nowhere, jumping off the table and knocking the three members of Evolution out. Seth flips over the top rope, taking down Orton and Triple H. Dean goes after Randy, again, until Triple H sends him into the barricade. Seth also suffered the same fate at the hands of Batista.

Lucy's breath hitched when she saw Triple H going for a chair. He cracked it over Seth's back, and then Dean's. Her eyes widen as Orton sets up a chair, sending Dean back first off of it. She covered her face seeing Seth being set up for a pedigree, his face bouncing off the steel chair as Triple H connected his signature move.

Evolution notices Roman recovering in the ring and surround him like vultures. Batista hits him with a spinebuster, and Orton stomps over his chest. He pulls off Roman's SWAT vest before exiting the ring and grabbing a few kendo sticks and throwing them in, along with a part of the steel steps.

Lucy covers her eyes again as she sees her gentle giant being dropped face first off the steps. Triple H holds him down as Orton and Batista whip him across the back with the kendo sticks. Lucy wanted to throw up. Roman's face was too painful to see. That was real. Those shots to her friend's back were real. He could feel that. Triple H joins in on cracking Roman with a stick, and Lucy is wondering where Seth and Dean are that they can't come to their friend's aid.

Out of nowhere Roman hits Orton with a Superman Punch. Triple H and Batista try to stop him with a chair to the ribs and back. Dean finally begins to fight back, but the three members of Evolution stop him. Randy drags Dean to the top of the ramp and connects a DDT. All three members Of Evolution are standing by the titantron, attacking Dean. Seconds later, Lucy sees something move at the top of the screen.

Seth.

She gasps. "No Seth, get down!" She yells at the screen. As if he heard her, he jumps from the top of the Payback production set, taking out all of Evolution.

"Oh my God!" Daniel yells. "That was awesome."

Lucy rolls her eyes. "That was dangerous!" She snapped back at the World Heavyweight Champion. It was bad enough that her best friend was jumping off of balconies at the last Pay-per-view. He didn't need to be re-enacting it.

Seth crawls back to the ring, only to be hit by a spear from Batista as he jumps from the second rope. He counters a Batistabomb, and Roman hits him with his own spear. Seth pins Batista, finally eliminating him.

The ball was finally rolling. Her boys were making a comeback.

Randy surprises Seth with an RKO, but Roman breaks it up. Dean catches Randy with a chair to the back, and then finishes him off with Dirty Deeds, leaving Triple H as the last member of Evolution left in the match. He hits Dean with a low blow, only to be caught by the Samoan with a Superman Punch. Batista angrily marches back into the ring to spear Roman, and Orton sneakily slides Triple H a sledgehammer.

He cracks it off Dean's skull and then Seth's, as he jumps off the top rope. Lucy winces, but knows that Roman will save the day. He hits Triple H with a spear, and pins him.

The Shield has won.

Lucy squeals, and jumps up and down. "Yes!"

Daniel and Brie are both clapping. "That was a good match," he says.

"I have to go make sure they're okay." She says. "I'm not sure when I'll see you again." Lucy frowned as she looked at Brie.

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of her." Daniel winked, draping his arm around his wife's shoulder.

"It'll be soon, I promise." The older diva said sweetly. "We'll go costume shopping!"

Lucy rolled her eyes as she gave her friend a hug. "Goodbye, guys. Daniel, I'll see you soon."

He nodded at her as she sped off towards Gorilla, and waited for the dark match to be over. It was just more carnage from the match they had just had. Evolution trying to thwart The Shield one more time, but failing to do so.

Seth was the first to come through the curtain, He enveloped her in a tight hug, soaking her in sweat. She pushed him off, slapping his middle as she did so. "Gross!" She shrieked. "I love you, and congratulations and all, but gross!"

He smiled big at her. Roman and Dean stumbled through the curtain together, holding each other up for support. Dean fell onto Lucy, and she did her best to hold up the superstar, despite him being over a foot taller than she was. Seth eyed them for a moment, but brushed it off, knowing that it was just a friendly gesture for her to help his teammate.

"Come on." She said softly to Dean. "We need to get you to the doc."

They're stopped when Evolution steps through the curtain. Triple H shakes hands with Roman, Seth, and then Dean; congratulating them on the biggest win of their careers. He promises that they can only go up from here. Randy Orton and Batista aren't so nice, and exit the area along with Hunter.

Lucy keeps Dean steady as they walk through the long hallways to the medical office. "You did really great, tonight." She says to him. "All of you." She adds remembering that Roman and Seth aren't far behind them.

"I got my ass kicked." He replies.

"No, no you didn't. You were great."

The doctor examines the three men, letting Lucy know that they'll all be fine. He warns Seth to maybe not get comfortable jumping from high places. She agrees. Roman's back was already welted and bruised, and he was told to keep ice on it. He said he would after the four of them went out to celebrate. They were all advised that it wasn't a good idea, but Lucy knew her friends were too stubborn to listen.

She leaned against the wall in the hallway as the doctor finished with Roman. Dean sat at her feet and Seth sat opposite them.

"Where to next?" She asked.

"Raw is in Indianapolis tomorrow." Seth said. "We don't have a match scheduled, I don't think. Too bad we still have to be there. I know I am definitely going to need the rest after tonight."

"I always like being at the Fieldhouse." Dean chimed in.

"Why's that?" She asked.

"It's where we first debuted together at Survivor Series two years ago." Seth answered for him.

"I don't know, it's kind of cool, you know? Going back to the place it began." Dean added.

Roman trudged out into the hallway with a smile on his face. "Who's ready to party?"

Devious smiles spread across the faces of the group. They quickly got changed and left the arena into the electric buzz of Chicago. For a Sunday night the city was alive, packed with wrestling fans and hockey fans alike. The Blackhawks had lost the Stanley Cup, but you wouldn't have been able to tell. Many of the fans were too drunk to remember there ever was a game on that night.

Many of the WWE roster were meeting up a club not too far from the arena. Even the superstars who had lost were celebrating with their friends who had come out victorious. She was having fun, enjoying her life, and the people she was surrounded by. She hadn't had this much fun in a long time.

She danced with various superstars and divas, letting the loud music flow through her veins. Nikki joined her on the dance floor, trying her hardest to dance in her tall stilettos. They heard a collective 'WOO' from the crowd and stopped dancing long enough to see Eva Marie letting guys do body shots off of her.

"That's disgusting!" Lucy yelled over the music.

"I completely agree!" Nikki replied.

Lucy lifted her glass to her lips, but realized her drink was empty. "I'll be right back!"

Nikki nodded at her and she skipped to the bar to order another Tequila Sunrise. She was joined by Seth as she waited for her drink to be made. He was obviously inebriated.

"Where have you beeeeeeen?" He drawled out. "I missed you!"

"You're too drunk." She said to him, smelling the vodka on his lips.

"Love drunk." He slurred.

She grabbed her drink and slung one of Seth's arms over her shoulders. "Let's get you to a quiet place."

No place in the club was quiet, but she managed to find a group of couches away from the dance floor, where she could actually talk without yelling.

"Hey, remember- remember that party I threw at my house my senior year?" A sloppy smile played on his lips. "Do you remember?"

"Of course I do." She did. It was the year her brother had passed away. She tried her hardest not to think about those times.

"I spilled my drink allllll over you. Remember?"

She laughed at the memory. She had just come from the bathroom, and had opened the door only to run directly into Seth who had a cup full of a sticky, red mixed drink. "You freaked out because I was wearing a brand new dress that I got as a birthday gift from my Aunt. It was white and you spilled that sticky red shit all over me."

Seth laughed loudly and then burped loudly. "It was really funny."

"Remember when we went camping and you got stung by a Yellow Jacket and your whole arm swelled up? That was funny." She countered.

He held the arm that had been stung so many years ago. "It wasn't! I'm allergic!"

"You cried like a baby!" She laughed so hard she snorted.

Seth just watched her in a drunken admiration. "Lucy," he said quietly. "I love you."

She smiled. "I love you, too. Seth. And I'm thankful for everything that you've done for me. You saved my life, really."

He frowned. "No, Lucy. I reall-"

Seth was cut off by an also intoxicated Dean. He sauntered over to them, didn't say anything, but planted a big, sloppy kiss directly on Lucy's lips. Seth stood up as straight as he could and pushed Dean off of her.

"What are you doing!?" He yelled, fists tightly balled.

Dean just smirked, swaying back and forth to the beat of the music. Lucy stood up, placing a hand on Seth's chest, keeping him calm. "Dean," she warned. "Don't." He pouted at her, but she only pushed him away, stunned that he'd pull that kind of stunt in front of Seth, knowing that she specifically asked him not to.

He disappeared through the crowd, leaving Lucy alone with an angered Seth.

"What was that about?" He yelled, swaying backwards slightly.

"Can you sit down, please, before you fall over?"

Seth plopped down on the couch next to her. It was now or never for Lucy. And now seemed like a much better option, seeing as Seth was intoxicated, and there was a chance that he wouldn't remember a thing come tomorrow.

"I've kind of been seeing Dean."

Seth's blood boiled. "What?" He said through gritted teeth.

"It happened literally right after we talked about how nothing was going on. I didn't expect this, trust me." She defended herself, even though she knew that she shouldn't have had to. What she did really wasn't any of Seth's business.

It was silent for a moment. Seth was trying to pull a thought from his brain, but there was just too much swimming around in the haze. His stomach flipped, his heart felt like a stone, and his fists were balled so tightly, he thought his fingers would break.

"I thought you were coming back!" Nikki stumbled over to Lucy, holding herself steady on the wall. "Let's go dance!"

Seth took this opportunity to leave. He stood up and collected himself, making his way through the crowd and towards the exit.

"What's his problem?" Nikki asked.

"I have no clue." Lucy replied, once again baffled by Seth's peculiar behavior.