Sempiternal

So Good

Lucy peered through the crowd, standing on her tiptoes searching for that unmistakable blonde and brown head that she loved so much. She stood up on a row of seats, trying to get a better view, when her phone rang.

“Where are you!?” She asked.

“Turn around!”

She whisked around to see her best friend and Dean standing behind her with a large sign that said ‘LUCY’ on it in big, red letters. Well, Seth had the sign. Dean had his hands in his pockets, with his signature scowl on, as usual.

“How could I miss you two big idiots?” She said excitedly as she wrapped her arms around Seth’s neck for a big hug. Dean just stood there, awkwardly. She mouthed the words ‘hey, you’ to him, and he replied with a headnod. Lucy wasn’t complaining though, at least she was getting somewhere with ‘The Lunatic Fringe’.

“Oh, I missed you!” Seth murmured into the top of her head as he planted a kiss there.

“Not as much as I missed you.” Lucy replied, poking him in the side.

Dean rolled his eyes and grabbed one of Lucy’s bags from her grip. Their hands brushed for a quarter of a second, but it was enough to send chills throughout her entire arm. “Can we get out of here, now?” He asked. “We have plenty of time to be gross in the car.”

Seth and Lucy both mimicked him as they followed behind.

She had missed being at work. The only thing that she had to keep her mind focused was shopping, and sightseeing. Seth would Facetime her whenever he had the chance, and that always helped. Even Roman managed to make a few phone calls, letting her know that he already missed her presence, and to simply check up on her.

Nothing from Dean, though. She wasn’t disappointed, she didn’t expect anything. It would be silly of her to think that Mr. “I Probably Don’t Even Know How To Use A Flip Phone” Dean Ambrose would actually call her. What, after the one peaceful conversation that they had? But she wouldn’t lie and say that she didn’t find herself thinking about the blue-eyed man in the days that she wasn’t around him, and wishing that she could hear his voice; even if it was just to say ‘hi’.

That certainly didn’t bode well with the whole “Dean Ambrose; out of sight, out of mind” thing she was trying to go for, and it bothered her. He was getting under her skin.

“Hey, when you’re done, Boss Lady wants to see you.” Mark told her as she was organizing the last of the boxes. Lucy was confused. She thought Mark was her boss.

“Boss Lady?”

“Yeah, Ms. McMahon.” Lucy’s eyes almost popped out of her head. “I know. I was surprised too. She came right up to me and asked to see you.”

She blinked a few times, processing the information over again in her head. What did Stephanie McMahon want from her? Lucy quickly finished what she was doing and rushed off to find The Authority’s “office”. She knocked twice on the door before she heard a firm, ‘come in’, from the other side. She exhaled sharply and slowly pushed the door open.

Stephanie smiled brightly. “Hi. Lucy, right?”

“Y-yes ma’am.”

“Oh please, don’t be nervous. You’re not in trouble.” Lucy breathed a heavy sigh, prompting Stephanie to smile once more. “Please take a seat.”

Stephanie gestured towards the chair across from the desk she was sitting behind, and Lucy cautiously took a seat; sitting as straight as she could, legs crossed, hands in her lap.

“Ms. Moore, I asked you here today because I’d like to discuss the application that you filled out on your first day here. As a precaution, this company, like most companies around the world, require a background check to be performed before the individual is hired.” Lucy nodded. “Which you were well aware of, because you signed the sheet that authorized this, correct?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Now, it says on your application that you have not been convicted of a felony in the last ten years. However, I think that you and I both know that that is not entirely true.”

Lucy gulped. “Um, no ma’am. It’s not true.”

“Do you know that small things like this would immediately get you terminated by most companies?” Stephanie asked. Lucy nodded and could feel the tears slowly surfacing in her eyes. “We offered you this job because you were highly recommended by Seth. I mean, the poor kid did all but get down on his hands and knees, but I’m sure he probably would’ve done that too, if we hadn’t have said yes. I understand that you have a history of drug addiction, and while I want you to know that we understand that and it’s okay, I also want you to know that if I catch wind that you are no longer clean, you will be let go.”

“I understand that completely, Ms. McMahon.”

“With that being said, I want to say that I appreciate the extra effort that you put in to helping the production crew set up. It hasn’t gone unnoticed.”

Lucy smiled. “I’m only trying to help. Selling t-shirts isn’t exactly what I want to be doing, no offense. I was actually thinking about going back to school soon and pursuing journalism or mass communications or something like that. I’d really like to be a newswoman or radio DJ. I haven’t really figured it out, yet.”

“Selling t-shirts definitely won’t help you with that.” Stephanie laughed. Lucy shook her head. “Have you ever been on TV?”

“Me? No.”

“Would you like to be?”

“I’m sorry, what? Would I like to be on TV?” Stephanie nodded. “I don’t know! I-I guess so.”

“We have a superstar here by the name of Adam Rose, and he’s going to be debuting on Smackdown, Tuesday night. His gimmick is kind of crazy, it’s basically called the ‘Exotic Express’ and it consists of a group of eccentric people, or his ‘rosebuds’, that escort him to the ring in true party fashion. They’re dressed up in costumes, it’s very cool, very entertaining to watch. How would you like to be one of them?”

Lucy was shocked. Stephanie McMahon was asking her to be a part of something on live television. “I’d love to, that sounds really awesome!”

“Good. Find a costume, one that is sexy, but not lingere. Then find me on Tuesday night and I’ll point you where to go.” Stephanie extended her hand and Lucy shook it graciously.

“Thank you so much, Ms. McMahon.”

“Call me Steph. Oh, and Lucy. I think you’re great. You just need someone to believe in you.”

Lucy smiled at Stephanie and exited her office. When she heard the door click she silently did a little victory dance; throwing her arms up in a Daniel Bryan fashion. She couldn’t wait to tell Seth.