Sempiternal

Latch

Lucy could feel Seth's eyes burning a giant hole in her back. She was sitting at the bar with Dean and Roman, and Seth was in a booth with a few other superstars, keeping to himself. The best friends had never been in an argument. This was new to Lucy. Seth was her rock. He was her safety net, her comfort zone, her best friend. She was oblivious as to why he was being so cold towards her.

She was completely torn in half; she wanted to talk to him, yet she wanted to stay here with Dean. He had told her to forget about it for the night, and talk to him tomorrow. She looked over her shoulder at her friend, he just glared at her.

If looks could kill.

"Drink this, now." Dean pushed a shot in front of her. "Stop thinking about Mr. Jealousy over there, and do what you came here to do; have a good time."

Lucy sighed and picked up the shot glass. It had been three months since she had a drink. This would count as breaking her sobriety, but Roman and Dean did say they wouldn't let her have too much. And a little alcohol never hurt anyone.

"Cheers." She touched her glass to the counter before swallowing it down. It burned like hell, warming her cheeks, and making her insides feel fuzzy for a moment.

Dean watched her, smiling as she asked for another.

"Yo, D." Roman yelled over the obnoxious music. "You should go up there." He pointed to the stage where an older man in a cowboy hat was singing karaoke.

"I'll go if you go." Dean replied, taking a long swig of his beer.

"I'll go!" Lucy downed her third shot.

She hopped off the barstool, leaving Roman and Dean in shock as she confidently walked up to the signup table. As soon as the country singing man left the stage, she hopped up, taking the mic in her hand. She looked over at Seth, who's mouth slightly hung agape.

"I wanna lock you up in my closet when no one's around / I wanna put your hand in my pocket because you're allowed / I wanna drive you into the corner and kiss you without a sound / I wanna stay this way forever I'll say it loud." She sung proudly in the mic, dancing around the stage.

"Now you're in, and you can't get out." Lucy pointed to Dean and winked.

"You make me so hot / Make me wanna drop / It's so ridiculous / I can barely stop / I can hardly breathe / You make me wanna scream / You're so fabulous / You're so good to me baby / You're so good to me baby, baby." She hopped off the stage and danced among the crowd. When she came to the man in the cowboy hat who was singing before her, she took his hat, putting it on her head, and sat in his lap.

"I can make you feel all better, just take it in / And I can show you all the places you've never been/ And I can make you say everything that you've never said / And I will let you do anything again and again." She stood back up on the stage, giving Seth a smile in the process. "Now you're in, and you can't get out."

Lucy finished the rest of the song, and the crowd cheered loudly.

"Woo, give a big hand for Lucy. Please do not slip on the sexy that Lucy left up here on the stage." The announcer said over the mic as she made her way back to Roman and Dean.

There was another shot glass waiting for her when she got back.

"Good Lord." Roman said draping an arm around her shoulders. "I didn't know you had it in you, Lucy girl."

She downed her shot fast, and smiled at him. "What can I say?"

"I'm going to go out for a smoke." Dean yelled over to them.

"Mind if I join you?" She asked.

"Not at all."

She followed him out the door. Seth's lingering stare never leaving his two friends. The warm May air was comforting and fresh. She inhaled deeply, letting it fill her lungs in an attempt to clear her head. She leaned against the brick wall, watching Dean as he stuck a cigarette between his lips. There was something incredibly sexy about the way he looked as he smoked.

His head tilted to the side. "What?" He asked her.

She shook her head slightly and reached out, grabbing the hem of his shirt, pulling him towards her. Dean looked down at her, drowning her in his cerulean eyes. She bit her lip, wanting nothing more than to feel his lips on hers. The light scruff of his cheeks tickling her own. It was all she could think about the past few weeks.

He cupped her face, slowly inching towards her. They were mere centimeters away, she could smell the intoxicating smell of menthols and beer on his breath.

"Hey gu-" Roman poked his head out the door. "Oh."

Dean straightened himself quickly and took a few steps back. He was mentally cursing his best friend for interrupting his moment. "What's up?" He asked calmly, as if nothing had happened.

"Seth wanted to know if we we're ready to go. What'd you want me to tell him?"

Dean looked down at Lucy, she shrugged.

"We're coming." He answered.

Roman disappeared into the bar, leaving Dean and Lucy alone again. The moment had been ruined, and an awkward air hung around them. Lucy looked down at the ground, no longer wanting to make eye contact with her new found friend.

"Fuckin' cockblock, man." Dean mumbled, trying to make light of the situation. Lucy giggled. "Are you ready to head out?"

She nodded and followed him back into the bar.

x x x


Lucy lay awake in bed. She hadn't be able to sleep since she got back to the hotel three hours ago.

She was sharing a room with one of her fellow Rosebuds. Seth wouldn't even look at her, and it left her feeling unsettled. She had sent him a text after parting ways with them, telling him that she was sorry for whatever she did. He replied with, 'No, you're not'.

Her mind moved to Dean. Her heart seemed to skip a beat when she thought about the way he looked at her; exhaling smoke, cradling her face in his large hand. She felt a warm sensation deep within her, a feeling that she hadn't felt in so long. She ran her hands along her body, imaging that they were his. But then she stopped herself. She couldn't do that. Not while her friend was asleep in the bed next to her. Lucy sighed loudly, flipping her pillow to the cool side. She hit it a few times and threw her head into it.

Please get off my mind, She thought as she pulled the covers up over her shoulders.

She closed her eyes but could only see his smirk. His soft, pink lips. His chipped tooth. His deep blue eyes that peeked into her soul and made her let go of any regrets she had in her life, because each decision she's ever made brought her here.
♠ ♠ ♠
song credit: hot - avril lavinge