Status: In Progress

Camp HalfBlood

Chapter 6 - Rescue

Madison and Chiron arrived on board the Princess Andromeda just as Percy, Annabeth and Tyson were making their escape and chaos was going on everywhere. "Let's split up," Madison suggested to Chiron, "You go around that way and I'll meet you starboard," she stated. Chiron smirked in return, "Are you an expert sailor all of the sudden?" Madison simply smiled in return as she drew her sword and began her attack. She rounded the corner to run into Chris, a fellow camper, "Chris? Did you join Luke?" Madison asked, shocked to see him there. He didn't answer as he pulled his sword and took a swing at her. Madison wasn't ready and the sword got her upper arm but she wasn't slowed down as she used her other hand to swing her own sword back at him. He ducked her attack quickly rounding to make a second advance on Madison. She was ready this time and jumped up, executing a perfect back flip, landing ready to strike again. Chris came at her once more but she ducked out of his way causing him to lose balance and fall overboard. Madison continued to make her way around the boat, taking out Luke's other henchman with ease. When she reached the front of the yacht, she eyed the real challenge, hell hounds. 'Great,' Madison thought to herself as she saw Percy fighting one of the two.

"Percy, go!" Madison yelled as she raced to take his place in the fight, "Where are Annabeth and Tyson?" she shouted at him as he began to make his way to the lifeboats. "They're getting off this boat. I'm meeting them in the ocean," he explained as he dashed away. Madison rolled her eyes, 'Son of Poseidon doesn't need a fancy boat,' she thought as she used her sword expertly to fend off the hellhound. Her left arm was starting to hurt more as she could see blood trickle down upon the deck of the boat. Once Percy was gone, she and Chiron would hightail it out of there as well, she just had to hold off the beast as long as possible. Chiron showed up in that moment, expertly shooting both hell hounds with his arrows, "I thought you said you could come because you could handle yourself," Chiron mocked Madison as this was second day in a row he'd had to bail her out. Madison rolled her eyes, "Thanks," was all she said when she noticed Percy, Annabeth and Tyson had made it to safety away from the ship. "That's our cue!" Madison shouted at Chiron and she jumped on his back and they made their exit, unnoticed a midst the chaos still unfolding on board.

Once they were safely back on land, Chiron stopped abruptly. "What's that dripping on my side?" he asked as Madison hopped down. "It's nothing. Chris just got me with sword when we first split up," she explained, embarrassed by her failure. "You fought well, Madison. I was only making a joke earlier. Let me see your arm," he said, his tone soothing. Madison reluctantly turned so Chiron could take a look at her left arm wincing as she felt his finger gently touch the wound to inspect the depth, "Stay still," Chiron whispered as he pulled out the same purple vial from earlier, dispensing a few drops upon the cut. Madison jumped as the liquid burned her skin but noticed that her skin was healing, "Thank you," she whispered in return, turning away from him. Chiron felt badly that she was ashamed of herself, "Let's get back to camp," he ordered as they began their journey back.