Another Kiss Like a Fire on Pavement

one

‘Jaime?’

‘Hey babe, I'm up here!’ A familiar voice called out from up the stairs.

I walked through the empty living room and into the kitchen and dining area before putting my keys down on the kitchen bench. There was a pile of unopened mailed letters and I began flicking through them once I saw my name neatly typed across the first one. I slowly made my way up the flight of stairs, not before picking up a lone pair of Jaime’s Vans lying discarded in the middle of the stairway. Once I reached the top landing I dropped the shoe next to its pair and popped my head into our make-shift music-studio room, where Jaime was mostly likely to be found. The sunny yellow walls held a variety of neatly framed pictures and accolades of his band. A small black, square art-deco style glass table, which I found in a junk shop, was situated in the corner of the room with our vinyl player shut atop it. Our large collection of vinyl’s were all stacked against each other across the wall under the window, waiting patiently for us to remember to buy a shelf to put them on. Jaime was sitting on the beige couch, acoustic guitar in his hands and the sun shining impossibly bright on his gorgeous face. His socked feet were crossed over comfortably in front of him, while his black skinny jeans bunched up around his knees, hanging low around his hips. Blue boxers peeked out from under a white shirt and his hair was a standing up in all directions. As soon as I stepped into the room, Jaime looked up and shot me a huge smile before putting his guitar down in its case. I felt ridiculously giddy as he practically ran to the door, throwing his arms around me and engulfing me in a huge hug.

‘Hey babe.’ He said squeezing me.

Jaime waddled backwards towards the couch, legs apart, pulling me along with him, trying not to break our embrace. I giggled at his childish behavior and heard the mail fall to the floor, before feeling the couch sink beneath our weight. Jaime threw his leg over mine, pulling me closer. A feeling of complete bliss came over me in that moment; I loved this feeling of being with Jaime, I'd never met anyone like him in my entire life, I'd never met anyone who made me feel so good and loved like he did. I turned over so that I was facing him, arms still wrapped around each other, with his leg still over mine. He whined as I began moving, and I pressed my lips against his to silence his protests. Jaime smiled in surprise before deepening the kiss; he ran his tongue across my bottom lip, begging for entry. He kissed me passionately and I moaned as our tongues fought for dominance. I pulled his shirt up and over his head, throwing it to the side, while Jaime moved on top of me, supporting his own weight. My hands roamed his bare chest, causing his breathing to get heavier, I smiled at the effect I was having on him. Almost as if to get me back he began to slowly kissing down my neck and I clutched his tattooed bicep as he started getting closer to my sweet spot. He smirked at this and kissed all around it first, teasing me.

‘Jaime!’ I whined.

He laughed huskily before he began to suck on the spot just above my collarbone. I tilted my head back and moaned his name which caused him to growl lightly. I gently ran my nails down his back, not breaking the skin, just teasing. Jaime moaned loudly against my neck, making me squirm at the vibration it caused. His hand moved to the edge of my skirt- a loud techno beat sounded throughout the room and we froze startled, as a male voice could be heard chanting, “they’re taking the hobbits to Isengard, they're taking the hobbits to Isengard…"

I opened my eyes and we stared at each bewildered for a full 2 seconds before we realized that my phone was ringing. Oh, for fuck’s sake, I thought.

‘Just let it ring.’ Jaime whispered.

“-gard, -gard, -gard, -gard, they're taking the hobbits to Isengard, -to Isengard, -to Isengard.”

We continued to stare at each other and I tried to stop the grin stretching across my face at my ringtone. Jaime sighed in annoyance before dropping his head to rest in the crook of my neck, defeated and cock blocked. I began fishing for my phone in my pocket and realized that I had my shirt unbuttoned and pulled open. I'd been so distracted by Jaime that I didn't notice at all. When I finally managed to pull my phone out, I checked the caller ID before handing it to Jaime.

‘It’s for you.’ I sighed.

Jaime growled in frustration before answering the phone, not moving from his position.

‘What do you want, Vic?’ He asked irritably.

‘Wow, someone’s in a cranky mood? You okay bud? Wait… Are you busy or something?’

‘Yeah, I am and you're interrupting. We're actually in the middle of something.’ He replied gruffly.

‘Oh shit! Sorry man, this is like the third time I call you two, when you're in the middle of something.’ Vic apologized, we could hear laughter in the background -probably the guys, before he continued, ‘It’s just that we need you to come over.’

‘Ugh later, man. I’m sorta busy right now.’

‘Um, it’s an emergency band meeting. We've had some issues come up. Juliet can come too if she wants… or not, whatever.’

‘Argh!’ Jaime whined causing his body to shake on top of me.

I started laughing and he looked down at me glaring before asking why I was laughing at him.

‘Aw baby! You look like you're about to cry.’ I chuckled.

‘Well, maybe I will! Vic’s always ruining everything!’ He grumbled.

I grabbed the phone from him, and told Vic I'd send him over.

‘Thanks, Juliet. I’m sorry… again.’

‘It’s all good.’

We said our goodbyes and just before the call ended, I heard Vic saying to someone, “Jaime’s going to kill me…”, before a chorus of laughter erupted on the other line. I grinned as I locked my phone and put it down on the ground.

‘I don’t wanna go.’ Jaime mumbled into my neck and cursing Vic at the same time.

‘Well, you don’t have to go at this exact moment… I mean…’

Jaime shot up off the couch so quickly it made my head spin before he grabbed my hand, gently pulling me up. Without even waiting for me to finish my sentence he led me to our bedroom, which was just down the hall. As soon as we stepped through the white door, I pushed him onto our bed, which he was not expecting, and straddled him.

‘…I’m sure they can wait a little bit.’ I finished before he smashed his lips against mine.

‘Where were we exactly?’ He asked seductively. I smirked at his eagerness before grabbing his hand and put it on the waistband of my jeans.

‘Right about here.’ I whispered.