Resurrected

Keeping Him

I paced myself trying to figure out what I’m going to do. I know I just can’t leave him here, I mean come on, he’s the freaking king for crying out loud. He has died at a very young age and during his short term as king, he’s done a pretty good darn job on creating treaties with other kingdoms. He’s brought peace. If it weren’t for him then we wouldn’t be here. It would’ve felt like we’re living under a dictator’s control or in a communist state.

I’ve made up my mind. I’m going to take him with me. King Arthur has ascended from the dead and I’m going to take care of him, protect him like the legendary servant of his. I’ve been told that this servant was my great great great great great great great… grandfather, Merlin Ambrosius also known as the great, the powerful, and the last of the dragonlords, Emrys.

Because of this reason, I was awfully interested about Magic and it’s also what inspired me to become an anthropologist. I teach the study of magic, witchcraft, and religion. I teach its origin, it’s philosophy, and myths and what’s not. So you could probably see that I should be an expert on these sorts of stuff. I know that many of the mystically creatures from the Arthurian ages are all extinct, which makes people from this century hard to believe that magic exist. Magic is rare these days.

I didn’t believe in magic, I was just interested in it. But what I’ve just done, breaking the cycle of life and playing god, I’ve brought King Arthur back to life. Magic still exists. The only question now is where is Emrys? Is he still alive? Do I possess magic as well? He is my ancestor after all.

I began to head to the car, Arthur was following from behind. I need to get him something to cover himself up. He can’t go on being naked. I opened the trunk and pulled out a blanket I have bought a couple of days ago.

“Here, cover yourself up with this.” Arthur obeyed me. “Now get in, I’m taking you to my apartment. “

“As you wish.”

I drove to my apartment and stationed at the parking lot and snuck him into my apartment. I didn’t want anyone to wonder what I was doing, bringing a naked man into my apartment. I would get weird looks.

I unlocked the door to my apartment and kicked it open. I let him step inside first then I followed, closing the door behind me. “Let me find something for you to wear. Follow me to my room, or as what your time calls it, my chamber.”

I walked over to my room and let him come in. I pulled out my drawers and grabbed some sweats that may fit Arthur. “Put these on. I’ll wait just outside the door. If you have a problem with anything, let me know.” I passed him the clothes then waited for him as right outside the room.

To what I’ve seen so far, Arthur doesn’t seem to react to the new century. The buildings, the electricity and advanced technology. Heck, he doesn’t even know that he’s from a different time period or that he died as a king. Well it looks like I’ll have to find a way to freshen his memory.

I know there’s no pill that restores your memories. I also don’t have any magic, at least not that I know of for the very least. If I did had magic then I probably would have restored his memory but since I don’t I guess I’ll have to do it the old fashion way, help them remember by visiting familiar places, and tell him stories about his time period.

Tomorrow, I may take him out to work with me. Not only would that be a good idea to keep an eye on him, but he will also find out some stuff about his life. Tomorrow in my lectures I was going to show a video about the Arthurian ages, and about my ancestor, Merlin and his king, Arthur.

So it’s going to be an interesting lecture. Then again, it always is in my classes. I try to make it as fun as possible and less reading and homework assignments. I know how stressing that could be. I’m also thinking to stop by before work to buy some sweets for the class, just because I’m nice and I guess to also secretly celebrate the resurrection of King Arthur.

I’m not planning on telling anyone that I brought the king back from the dead though. I could get into a lot of trouble and problems. Not a lot of people believe in magic any more but there are a few that still possess them and believes. Many sorcerers have become extinct just like the mystical creatures. There are still some that still lives though like the white dragon and also I believe my ancestor, Merlin... But I'm not sure if he's still alive or even how he really looks like now.

My thoughts became interrupted as I heard the door open. I faced towards my room and saw Arthur poorly dressed. He put on the shirt inside out and the hoodie backwards. Let’s not even talk about my boxer shorts and sweats. And instead of putting my sandals on his feet, he put them in his hands. Seriously though, is it that hard to dress? Man, he’s like a little kid. Well at least he was trying.

“What?” He looked down at the clothes then back at me.

I let out a chuckle and shook my head. “Alright prince charming, let me help you dress up.”

I dragged him back into the room and taught him step by step on how to properly dress. Since I needed to teach him how to dress, I just hope he doesn’t ask me how you use the toilet or how to shower. I just hope he could figure that out on his own, I’ll just show him how to turn on and off the water or how to flush the toilet but that’s it. I don’t want to come in and demonstrate him how to do it. I will help him cook though and clean or how to drive a car and use technology, unless he figures it out on his own.

There you go you look as good as new… in girl clothes.” I giggled. “Would you like anything to eat? Better yet, are you hungry?”

“Yeah a little I suppose.” Arthur’s stomach began to grumble.

“A little huh? Yeah I could tell.”

“Are you filling up for a pizza? I’m not much in the mood for cooking.” I asked him.

“What’s pizza?”

“A food you’ll love, trust me.” I picked up my phone and ordered pizza. As we waited for the pizza, I turned on the tv, looking for something to watch, either a good movie or a good show. “Hey look, Hamlet is on.” I smile.

“What’s that?” It’s a film based off of a play by William Shakespeare. It’s about a prince who hesitates on avenging his father’s death after his father’s ghost appeared to him, asking him to avenge him. .. It’s interesting just watch it.”

“I will.” King Arthur nods.

About twenty minutes into the movie, there was a knock at the door. Pizza has arrived. I paid for what I owed then set it down on the coffee table in front of the sofa. I grabbed a slice and took a bite. “Try some.”

Arthur stared down at the pizza, inhaling the smell. “it smells amazing.”

“Tastes like it too, try it.”

Arthur grabbed a slice and took a bite out of it. “This takes fantastic.” He shoved the rest of his slice into his mouth.

“Told you.” I giggled.

By the end, he ate nearly the whole box of pizza. All I had was two slices. He ate the rest. He truly does eat like a king. Then after we finished watching Hamlet, we watched an episode of Doctor Who, he really did seem to enjoy it, but he’d fallen asleep right at the end. It was a pretty good night. I think I will really enjoy his company.