Resurrected

Merlin

The rest of the day has been pretty similar as my morning class. Not the whole bringing them snacks and let them watch a film part but the thing between me and Arthur. We had this connection going around lately.

During my lunch break, I took him out to eat. It was nowhere fancy just a regular fast food place near the school. I told him some stuff about me and answered some questions he had about me. I also told him some of the things I knew about him and about my ancestor to see if anything might trigger within his memory but nothing.

Other than anything else, I kept seeing the same man as earlier. He seemed to be awfully interested between us. Then a few moments later when Arthur decided to chase after because he noticed I didn’t seem at ease. But he lost the man, instead he’d found an old man on the corner of the building.

Now we’re home. Arthur was in taking a shower as I was preparing dinner. It wasn’t until a few moments later when I heard someone at the door. I lowered the flames on the stove before answering the door.

As I opened the door, there stood the man stalking Arthur and I all day. I think he must have followed us here as well, but why? What does he want? Who is he?

“Hello, I’m sorry to intrude but… can I come in?” The man asked.

“I don’t think that’ll be a great idea. You have been stalking me and my friend all day.” I said in a calm voice. “Mind explaining to me why?”

“Fair enough… Well I suppose you’re Agatha Ambrosius, right?”

“I am, who are you?” I crossed my arms. “What do you want?”

“Well… I suppose you already know about the Legendary King Arthur and the man who was destined to protect him, right?”

“Yes but I don’t see what does that have to do with you.”

“Wow, you really don’t recognize me.” The man bubbled his head. “Well I’m Merlin… I also go by Emrys.”

My eyes dilated. No, it’s not possible. Could he possibly be him? No it has to be a joke. I mean first off, he seems too young to be him. I’d expected him to be seen as an old man, not someone who looks around my age.

“I know, I look too young but I can assure you that I’m not lying. I took an aging spell to change my appearance. I was there at the historical site yesterday. I was the old man looking at you. “He replied as if he’d read my mind. “I felt the magic when you resurrected Arthur.”

I’m overwhelmed, I didn’t know exactly what to say. Maybe he is telling the truth or maybe he’s lying once again. It’s hard to tell if he seems to be honest or not. “Can you prove it?”

“I can.” He peeks over my shoulder to look at the bathroom door which was just right down the hall. His eyes seemed to glow for a second, making the door flung open. There laid a perfectly good view of Arthur looking at himself in the mirror and wore nothing but a towel.

“Thank god you’re here.” I smiled in amazement and pulled him in for a hug. “You have no idea how I always wanted to meet you. There were rumors you were still alive but no one has ever seen you. Nobody knows what had happened to you.”

“I was waiting. I was away for one day Kind Arthur raises back from the dead. I was about to lose hope until you brought him back.”

“Only problem is that he doesn’t remember who he is.”

“And you want me to help you?” Merlin asks. “I know how to restore his memory easily with magic.”

I hesitated to answer. I did want Arthur to restore his memory but then where would that leave us? Is he going to go in search for his dead wife and mourn her? Would he just leave me as if we’ve never met? Do I even want him to have his memory back?

“No.” I finally answered. “I don’t know.” I sighed.

“What is he doing here?” Arthur now stood beside me, fully clothed and placed an arm around me as he was ready to defend me.

Merlin looked at me then turned to Arthur. “Seems I better get going now. It was nice meeting you, Agatha.”

“No Please, stay for dinner.” I suggested.

“Can’t have things to do, but I hope you two enjoy your night.” He began stepping away.

“No please wait, Merlin!” I stepped out of the door way to go after him but he was gone.

I stepped back into my apartment in disappointment. I really did wish he’s come to stay. I just want him to answer this one question that’s bothering, that refers to me. Do I have magic? Or am I completely mortal?

Arthur seemed puzzled to what just happened but did not dare ask questions. Instead he had pulled me into his arms, holding me tight. That’s all what I need right now, him.

“He’s not worth it. He’s not worth feeling sad.” Arthur tried to comfort me.

“He is though, he’s so much more than a stranger to me.” I looked up at Arthur.

I could notice the look on his face as if I just stuck a dagger through his heart. “Oh...”

“Not like that Arthur, he’s a long lost relative of mines, he knew who you were and recognized you. That’s why he seemed to be following us all day.”

“And do you suppose he can restore my memories?”

“Yes, I believe so.” I nodded.

Arthur wiped his hands down his face. “Look Agatha I really do appreciate your hospitality but could we just please not worry about my memories being restored? I just want to enjoy our night without having to deal anything with my memories.”

I took a heavy breath as I Looked up at him. “How about tomorrow, can we spend the day together? It’ll be just you and me. I swear your memories won’t be brought up.”

​Arthur’s face lit up. “It’s a date.”