Status: Fin

The Untitled Diary of a Girl Named Bones

10

I came to the conclusion that if these boys didn’t get famous, and quickly, the world was missing out on a lot. It was insane how well put together they were for just a garage, or in this case, basement band.

Brendon had a voice, that was for sure. He must have had lungs the size of a house. Spencer played the drums as if they were his life, and Jon, well, he was just amazing.

Ryan, though, Ryan was different. He wasn’t one of those flashy, or show off-y guitarists. He looked incredibly calm as he stood, looking down at the notes he was playing, or watching his bandmates give their all. He was nothing short of a brilliant guitarist. I really envied his guitar, the way he coddled it and his long, graceful fingers stroked the guitar strings. It made me wish I could be the instrument.

What on Earth am I talking about? I honestly need to snap out of it, and quickly too. These odd thoughts were going to drive me completely and utterly insane.

So, after the boys blew our minds, and a lot of drooling on Aimee’s part (halfway through their practice set, Brendon decided that he was too warm, and threw off his shirt. Apparently, for a skinny white boy, he’s pretty well built.), the girls climbed into Brittany’s car, and the boys into Brendon’s. Brittany pulled out, leading the way to the local pharmacy , the parking lot of which, the carnival was being held. I got out of the car first, which required me to jump out of the car before Brittany had even parked. I ran around the car, excited as all heck. I loved carnivals. Erin was the next out, and she grabbed my hand and spun me in a circle. Apparently, she likes carnivals too. Erin and I both fell onto the pavement, causing Aimee to let out a giggle at our stupidity, and Brittany to rub her temples.

I looked around for the boys’ car. They were no where to be found. I scratched my head. The old fear of ‘What if they ditched us?’ aroused, but before it could settle in, Brendon’s black car rounded the corner, and parked along the street. Upon exiting the car, Brendon skipped over to Aimee, picked her up and spun her in a circle, before setting her down. She smiled like a little kid with a piece of candy. Ryan, Jon and Spencer took a more dignified approach to greeting us. They walked over, waving in turn. Spencer and Jon shyly stood next to Brittany and Erin. I wanted to let out a loud coo at them, but I thought better of it.

Ryan, though, gave me that oh-so-sexy smirk and leaned over my shoulder, close to my ear. His warm breath visibly caused me to shiver, and he whispered “Did I mention earlier that you look simply stunning tonight?” He pulled back, to gauge my response. I shook my head no, my head reeling too fast to form coherent words. “Well, you do.” He smiled, kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand before letting go. I would totally been okay if I had fallen over and died right then and there, I was that happy. Wait, I’m not supposed to feel like my brain is on overdrive, or that I have large winged mammals flying in my abdomen. It’s not right.

“Damn bats….”, I muttered to myself. Ryan gave me a questioning look, his eyebrows furrowed. It was very cute. I giggled and shook my head.

“Nothing.”, I smiled and patted him on the head. “Come on, let’s go catch up with the others”, I grabbed his hand upon noticing that my three other friends, and their companions had walked off, leaving us on our own. Ryan laughed, and I smiled. I loved his laugh. I mentally smacked myself. I need to stop thinking like this!

I dragged him past all sorts of food vendors, searching for our respective friends. Me, being the easily distracted weirdo that I am, stopped short in front of a Sno-Cone vendor. Ryan ran right into me, considering he was following me very closely. That might have had something to do with the fact that my hand was still around his. I blushed, however cliché that is, and declared that I wanted a Sno-Cone.

“I want a Sno-Cone,” I whined.

“I’ll buy you one”, he said.

“No, don’t do that. I have money.”

He shrugged. I ordered my Sno-Cone (Blue, of course) and laid down a few singles for the Sno-Cone maker-lady to take. Next thing I knew, my money was being pushed back into my hand, and Ryan was putting down a few bills.

The older woman smiled at his chivalry, and took the money, not giving me a choice in the matter of paying for my own Sno-Cone. I pouted, and took a big bite of my sugary frozen thing. Thus, causing me to screw my face up, and close my eyes in the torture that is a brain freeze.

“Owwww”, I practically moaned. I heard Ryan laugh, and I felt him place his lips on my forehead. I snapped my eyes open as if they were elastic. He let out that adorable chuckle once again on my behalf.

“Sorry, love, but I am a gentleman, and insist on paying for you tonight”, his silky voice making me weak at my knees.

My conscious was screaming at me that it should be him that’s swooning, not me. The pact says that we’re just getting them for the fun of it. Like, catch and release, right?

For some reason, at that moment I was absorbed and completely mesmerized by him. His big brown eyes, perfect brown hair, and that face. Oh, that perfectly sculpted face, as if he was placed here by the Gods themselves. I realized just how close he was again, making those bats start that flapping thing again. Part of me wanted them to just stop, and go away. That part also wanted Ryan to step back, and let me breathe. But the part of me that didn’t, the part that wanted him to just kiss me again was overpowering it. It was telling me to screw the effing pact. This wasn’t gonna work out the way we planned, that’s for sure. If I got Ryan, there would be no way for me to let him go. I was falling, fast.

I pressed myself closer to Ryan, and just as that part of me had hoped, he kissed me. Right in the middle of the carnival.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, this sucks.
Christine, you will be in the next one, I promise. [:

As you can tell, I kinda like writing cliches. -sigh-