Status: Fin

The Untitled Diary of a Girl Named Bones

12

Christine said, “You go girl! Congrats!”

I looked at Aimee with an ‘are you kidding me look’. She smiled weakly.

“Look, I’m sorry I didn’t say anything before, I was just surprised that Christine – “

I let out a loud, obnoxious, totally out-of-character squeal, and hugged my blathering friend. “You did it, Aimee!” I shout-whispered.

Erin and Brittany’s expressions were of pure excitement, like a puppy about to wet itself and Christine’s was a confused, happy one.

“You mean you’re not mad that I didn’t mention it before?” she sheepishly inquired.

“No, you were excited about Christine’s arrival. Of course not! Oh, I’m so happy for you, Aims!”, Brittany declared.

She giggled. Erin took that opportunity to run over to Brendon and tackle him, giving him a noogie.

Jon said, “Hey, be careful. Don’t break him. We need a singer.” I chuckled, and hugged Aimee again.

Ryan was still pretty confused by this whole little display. He looked at me, obviously wanting an explanation. I started walking to the rest of the group, pulling Christine with me. Ryan smiled in our direction, (who am I kidding, it was at me. Dammit, stupid bat-butterfly mutants…) and glanced down at his watch.

“Oh, damn, guys, it’s 9:50!”, he said. I turned to notice that there had been a milling group of people forming in front of the stage. My eyes widened.

“Shit, guys, go!” I declared. Ryan pouted. He wanted me to explain.

I hugged him and whispered in his ear. “I’ll tell you after you guys do your thing. Good luck, blow some minds for me.” I kissed him on the cheek and winked at him. Whoa, where is this boldness coming from?!

Heh, I kind of like it.

Shut up.

What? I do!

I need to stop talking to myself…

Yes, yes you do.

I sighed at myself, earning a raised eyebrow from Ryan. I giggled in spite and pushed him lightly on the shoulder.

“Go, they need a guitarist!”, he smiled and got up, checking his guitar one more time. The rest of the boys puttered around, setting up last minute stuff. I even noticed Aimee tell Brendon “Good luck”, and kiss him, leaving him with a goofy smile. She walked off, and he stared after her.

“He is so whipped”, Spencer added. I laughed.

“And you’re not, Mr. Smith?”

He blushed. I patted him on the back. “You know, if you like her, you should just go for it”, I was obviously implying Brittany. He sighed.

“What if she doesn’t like me back?”, he stared at my short friend, who was chatting idly with Christine.

“Oh, you don’t know unless you try”, I winked at him. As if she could tell by instinct that we were talking about her, she looked up. And smiled at Spencer. She mouthed “Good luck” and he smiled somewhat dreamily. I pushed him towards the drum kit, laughing.

I walked down, off the platform leading up the stage, walking around the side to grab a water bottle for Brendon, knowing he’d want it after a song or two. Only, I didn’t find a water bottle. Instead, I found Jon and Erin heavily making out, sitting on the cooler.

I cleared my throat, making them jump back in surprise. “I kind of need to get a water.” I smirked.

They blushed, a brighter red than Spencer had earlier. Hah, I’m impressed. I laughed at their sheepishness, gave Erin a knowing look and Jon a pat on the cheek.

“Jon, you guys are on like, now”, I said, pointing that the announcer guy had come onto stage, and was testing the microphone. He nodded and kissed Erin on the cheek. He walked up onto the stage and I smiled hugely at Erin. “What?”, she muttered.

“Oh, I think you know.”

“No, I haven’t a clue”, she said, faking insolence. I rolled my eyes.

“Come on, we have a show to watch.”

I dragged her in front of the stage, also collecting Christine, Aimee and Brittany. I somehow managed to claw my way to the front with my gaggle of lunatics, and we found a comfy spot. We then proceeded to explain to Christine how the whole ‘pact’ thing had started. What I left out is that I was essentially falling in love with the guy that I wasn’t supposed to.

All Christine had to say was: “It sure looks like your pact is working”, she smirked, gesturing to Aimee, Erin and Brittany. This kind of disheartened me. Was it that obvious that Ryan doesn’t like me that much?

Christine realized her error and whispered to me “Hun, look at Ryan. I think he likes you more than you think…” I looked over, to him staring at me. I giggled and gave him a thumbs up. His face tinged pink and he looked at his guitar, smiling. Christine nudged me, and I hugged her.

“Now, you haven’t told me if these guys are any good”, she changed the subject, turning to Brittany.

“Oh my god, they’re amazing”, Erin blurted out.

I laughed.

Whoever thought that this might work? I sure didn’t…

That amazing intro started up again, and Brendon’s voice came in, and I looked to Christine to see what she thought. She was fairly picky as far as music. Not in a bad way. She liked all sorts of good music, but the bands she liked had to have certain qualities. Talent was one of them.

I was really afraid she wouldn’t like them much. But, quelling my fears, her eyes lit up, and she looked at me with excitement.

“You girls did good!”, she shouted, smiling like a maniac. “They’re amazing!”

I sighed in relief. “You especially. I always knew you picked the right guys.” She winked at me. I pretended to be completely enamored with the boys’ set, while I was really quietly blushing, hoping the fact that the stage lights cast shadows would hide it.

I heard Christine chuckle a bit, and turn to dance around with Erin and Brittany.

I sighed. My friends are truthfully the coolest people I know.

Oh boy, do I have some explaining to give to Ryan later…

With that assumption, I closed my eyes and got lost in the music.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll explain the random arrival of the new person in the next chapter.
Kay? XD