Status: Fin

The Untitled Diary of a Girl Named Bones

15

Ryan’s POV
I pushed open the kitchen door, only to come to face Christine’s back. She was sitting on a barstool, staring at the microwave.

“Come on, you piece of crap. Pop faster!”

“Um, are you okay?”, I asked.

I had only met her today, and I assumed that she wasn’t completely insane. But this was proving my original impression of her wrong.

“Yes, but the freakin’ popcorn takes like, an hour to pop”, she said, still concentrating on the microwave as if her brain waves could make it work faster.

A kernel popped.

“YES!”, she jumped up and cheered, nearly falling over.

I laughed slightly. Her oddness was kind of a nice contrast from my little bitch fit in the other room.

Oh, man, did I overreact or what? I groaned slightly out loud, getting a strange look from Popcorn Girl and kicked myself mentally. Why the hell did I freak out like that?

Christine’s scrutinizing gaze softened and she asked, “What’s the matter, Ryan?”

“Nothing,” I mumbled.

“Look, I know you just met me, but you can tell me stuff. I know, it sounds crazy, but trust me. I keep good secrets,” she smiled.

And the strangest thing happened – I felt like I could really trust her.

So I spilled my guts about what happened in the other room; and possiblyliking Bones.

She let me finish, and. smiled that small, knowing smile again. “You should tell her how you feel.”

I gaped at her. “You mean I told you all of that crap, and that’s all you have to say? I could have figured that much out for myself,” I pouted, crossing my arms.

She let out an abrupt laugh. “Yeah, but would you have done anything about it?”

That shut me up. Would I have?

She smiled that stupid knowing smile again, patted me on the shoulder and opened the microwave. She pulled out the bag of popcorn, but quickly dropped it onto the counter, cursing from the hot steam spilling out. I helped her by grabbing a big bowl from the cabinet that was above her head, and set it down. She poured the popcorn into the bowl.

“I mean it, you should talk to her, before Tom gets ahold of her” she winked and grabbed the bowl, walking out.

“Damn it,” I groaned, leaning on the counter. I closed my eyes. I did have to talk to her. I honestly didn’t want that…kid to ask her out before I had the chance to talk to her.

Bones’ POV

After nearly experiencing a mental breakdown from the confusion caused by the male species, I wandered back into the living room. I collapsed onto the last vacant seat on the couch. As well as me, the couch had Tom, on the far end, but we were separated by Aimee and Brendon.

Who, might I add, were making cute faces at each other. Shudder. Eww. Couples.

Jon and Erin were sharing the huge recliner, and Bill and Christine were leaning on each other on the floor. Spencer and Brittany were – to be honest, I didn’t know where they were. Uh oh.

We were watching Corpse Bride, which was probably one of my all-time favorite movies. I smiled and snuggled deeper into Brittany’s familiar couch. The night was still kind of young (it was hardly past midnight!) but I knew I would probably end up falling asleep if something exciting didn’t happen.

I watched for a few more minutes, but my eyes started drifting shut. Until something very heavy and human-sized landed on me. I cracked open one eye to see Ryan’s goofy, smiling face. “Can I help you?” I mumbled, trying to unsuccessfully shove him off.

“Yes, you can stop pushing. You’re comfy,” he said, snuggling up to me. Boy, if that didn’t send my heart rate skyrocketing through the roof, I haven’t the faintest idea what would.

I tried to maintain my breathing the best I could. It was pretty hard considering I had a gorgeous guitarist sitting on me.

Ryan smiled up at me, and I relaxed slightly. Just enough to get back into the movie. It was at the scene where Victor is running around the Land of the Dead, trying to get away from the Corpse Bride.

It also includes the one part of the movie that I don’t like. When he meets one of the dead guys at that doorway as he’s trying to get through, and the guy splits right in half to get past Victor. The sound that the guy makes when he does that is disgusting. It’s like the sound of someone cracking open a watermelon with a hatchet. And don’t ask why or how I know what that sounds like. You really don’t want to know.

Just as that specific part came up, I turned and buried my head in Ryan’s chest. I could have sworn his breath hitched, but it was probably just his reaction to the movie. As soon as that gross crack resounded through the room (damn you, Sony surround sound) Bill let out a slightly horrified gasp.

He turned to look at the rest of the group with wide eyes. “That was…ew!” Christine giggled at his kid-like expression and Tom just rolled his eyes. I started laughing so hysterically that Ryan fell off of me, and stared at me with a stunned expression from the floor.

I really think that Bill and I would become good friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Total filler.
Hope it wasn't too terrible. ;D
And yes, I do enjoy writing cliches. =D
The story will start rolling soon.
-insert evil laugh-